The Last Of Us 2 (2018) First Details Surfaced

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Sep 13, 2016.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Bring it on! :D

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fuxking A

4. derdante

derdante New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 896 MB
    I'm all for more Last of Us although it likely won't have the same impact as the first one. Should look insane though, especially on PS4 Pro.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Meh.

As much as I liked playing the original, and I was absolutely in love with the quality of the story telling, I think the story is 'told' and you can't add onto it.

He gets over the loss of his child by saving Ellie, therein saving himself and she learns to trust people again. The only way he can save her is at the very end lie to her and break that trust.

Bitter-sweet story telling at it's best, but it's done now - and both main character arcs have been done now, extremely well and completely.

You can't add to it and if you do, it's a subtraction. The story is about those two characters.

No.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guess we will have to wait and see but going by naughty dogs track record in story telling in games I have more faith in them than any other games company to come up with an original concept in the last of us universe.

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    But, that's kinda the point though, isn't it?

It wasn't about The Last of Us universe and the 'zombies', it was about two people changing over the course of a story.

You could have set it on a space station and it still would have worked from a story perspective.

If you can agree to that, you must concede the character arc is complete, more so than any other character story arc in recent memory, be that film or video game.

As such, my point stands.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you mean like the original alien film then end the franchise and not have aliens also there's no zombies in the last of us and the game hasn't even been properly reviled, after the original star trek should the rest of the series never been produced and what's your favourite game sequel ?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    'zombies' is a loose term, hence the quotes over it.

And please stick to Last of Us, analogies are weak.