1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The last game that you completed,do you rate it?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Veteran, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I just finished Mass effect 3,it was ok but very samey as 1 and 2,i think 2 was the best.
    I would rate this game 7/10

2. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    uncharted and uncharted 2 right after:

pros: I liked how the story had a natural feel to it, like, the main character bumping his head in cutscenes and things like that.

cons: the basic gameplay is: shoot from cover, get shot at, wait for life to regen, wait for life to regen... keep waiting, pop out to shoot, wait for life to regen.

odd difficulty, you could not die for 20min, then constantly die 15 times in the same spot.

also they put too much focus on the female characters, they wanted horny teenagers to buy their games.

not sure what i'd rate it overall. haven't played 3 yet.

3. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I guess it'd be Skyrim.

It was ok. 7/10.

I have more fond memories of Oblivion whereas Skyrim wasn't memorable at all ('cept for Ulfric and Paarthumax but they're very underdeveloped characters, i like them for their potential).

After playing FO New Vegas, i think that it raised way more the bar about what I expect from a first person RPG of that kind. Skyrim is bigger, has more freedom of movement, but bland, lacks freedom of action (exept you are one of those people who think that running away from quests is a valid "action" ) development of characters and places. NV was more condensed, a wee railroaded but nicely delivered, at every step you can feel that you can turn the threads and make happen what you want to happen. NV was full of sweet ideas that were developed in such way that made sense in the world. Skyrim has cool stuff for the sake of cool stuff (Beth took that to the extreme in FO3), whereas NV has cool stuff IF it can be fitted into the scene.

Though to be fair, the art is very, very nice in Skyrim. On pictures, or the official trailer, the world looked strong, characteristic. Later, when i played through it, it turned out that its just visually strong, every other aspect is pretty weak.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Playing Skyrim again with Dawnguard, so I guess that'll be my next full completion (again), but previously Hard Reset (awesome game) and ME3 (disappointing ending).

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Borderlands (steam sales), 8/10.

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Super Mario on a non color screen Nintendo. I got to the level with the submarine Mario.... I lost all my lives... :puke2:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't complete many games, but the last one I did complete was D3, loved most of it.

8. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Batman Arkham City

8.5/10

Well paced game, great graphics. Not too hard or too easy, really enjoyed it.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    last game I completed was Borderlands + DLC.

9/10. Had a blast from start to finish.

10. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Batman - Arkham City. A masterpiece... 5/5
    Beats the movies easily. Hopefully the next is even more open and comes to the next consoles, I want a higher detailed Catwoman :wanker::banana:

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Saints Row 3, bought it on steam sales but never expected it to be this good and fun (first SR game I played)... 9/10

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    last game completed would be: Deus Ex HR, great game, great atmosphere, stealthy gameplay, and i give it a 9/10

13. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    an old game which I recently finished so I could remove it from my system. I think the prequel to this, Jedi Outcast, was better... But I played through that one some years ago.

14. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Last game was Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    It was OK I guess, some fun shooting mechanics, but it's probably not something I would play again.
    So 6/10 for me

Before that Dragon Age Ultimate. Easily one of the best games I ever played and Ultimate Edition included Origins, Awakening and all the DLC content.. talk about free time gone without a trace lol
    I would easily give this game 10/10 if not for a save game issue with some important (from role playing perspective) decisions not properly transferring to DLCs and Dragon Age 2. This was somewhat discouraging since I really got into the game. So 9/10 overall.

15. neubdetat

neubdetat Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning
    Sleeping Dogs
    8/10. Originally while playing it it was a 10/10 but now after I've completed it... I don't have much else to do...

Before that

Star Wars KOTOR2

10/10. With the restored content mod it is single-handedly the best Star Wars game and one of the best RPGs I have played within the past 3 years.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Darksiders II

9/10
    While it may lack lots of graphical options, and it may have a few rough edges. The story, characters, gameplay and art direction make it one hell of an experience.
    An awesome game, that continues a great series and improves on the first game in every way.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Last game I completed was Mass Effect 3. Didn't enjoy it as much as the 2nd game. 7/10.

Now I'm about halfway through chapter 2 in The Witcher 2. Enjoying it for the most part. Some things just piss me off.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Max Payne 3 - Game of the Year so far for me 10/10, Installed and just played right through and imo the perfect way you would translate an action/noir type of movie into an accessible game without seeming too simple as to alienate the hardcore.
    I haven't played the previous 2 so cant really comment on MP3's..ah loyalty to the series history. But def one of my new favs since I started gaming (last days of SEGA).

Working my way through Kingdom Hearts 2 and Dark Souls at the mo. Been far to long since I played a real RPG that just cant be put down - by my standards that is and admittedly all the Rpgs I've played are FF series, some Chrono Trigger and Elder Scrolls if that counts for anything.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  19. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Played KOTOR a couple of weeks ago...8/10. I actually finished it and really quickly, unlike Anachronox (couldn't care less about the last level) and Stonekeep (").

20. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    Last game I finished was Fallout New Vegas. I would give it 10/10 with all the MODs. I really liked the game.