The Hobbit is now 3 films instead of two

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by adrock311, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Well, I'm glad but a bit sceptical too, I read the hobbit in like 2 days and I didn't rush it. But even so I trust Peter Jackson and the triology might turn out quite awesome, but hard to get close to TLotR, we'll see.

2. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    If they do I would have to personally hunt them down and either beat them with my cane or buy them a beer; depending on how well they did with it of course. :infinity:

3. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    i hope he doesnt. i enjoy long movies that stretch out time and are immersive.

4. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    They always intended to add some 'bridge' material for events between Hobbit and LoTR.

Take a look at The One Ring.net for all sorts of info on this.

5. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yes, and it being my favorite book growing up, it is worrisome -- how can they simply adjust the pacing to turn it into 3 films at this late date, so close to the release of part 1? the 1st film is practically completely done. suddenly another film is added, what happens to the speed of storytelling (level of detail) of the first film?

If they were trying to make 3 films into 2, thats not a problem, its just a matter of editing, but when they are trying to make 2 into 3, they need more content and they need to change the pace (the speed at which they cover the pages of the book) of each film completely!