"The Hive" New FPS in 2020

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080

have your say

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Meh... Kickstarter

The narrator completely and insanely oversells this pre-alpha game in the most overly dramatic fashion ever.

ie: This will most likely suck, if it even actually reaches production.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    plastic arm alive and well.

Witcher29 likes this.
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    So it's a mix between Hunt: Showdown and Escape from Tarkov, AND it's a looter-shooter? Count me out. I was hoping for a singleplayer experience akin to STALKER (but with the supernatural aspects of Hunt), and it's instead another one of these pseudo-mmo shooters...

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Meh what!?

Kickstarter is the best thing. Without it there would not be games like KCD, etc.
    The fact that some people make these shitty mmo shooters is their problem.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh kickstarer is very "buyer" beware yes its a vehicle for projects and things to get made that can be amazing and circumvent publishers.

but it also a vehicle for the naive and scammers to float bs that is going to fail.

and it also a platform that have virtually no protections for the "investors" into these projects.

and i think there is a new alt tech site that does in fact treat "donations" as investments so you can get return on things you put money into eventually assuming the projects work. maybe that was a rumor or i dreamed it :p. but a system like that putting investors in touch with creators and start ups that are not pro level is not an awful idea.

ks is very much investing wo much to show for it, some swag and a item if you do not invest in garbage. same knocks you see on star citizen money in and money and no game to show, its a scam nm how good or bad a project is doing the vultures will be hungry for flesh.

7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The narrator must have done work in the 1990s and never changed since then. I love it. It's overly cringy and sends me vibes from my golden 90s gaming TV ads and game presentation years. That, or the devs watched the Cyberpunk 2018 E3 Demo and thought they could top the narrator from it and this is the result.

8. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I don't like saying this kinda thing but it's almost literally tarkov plus some monsters. I don't see anything this offers that hunt showdown and tarkov don't already do better.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    It is if you have no brain.
    Just look at this video for example where they have showed nothing. You have a dude with ridiculous voice who walks through some small maps, mainly interiors. This is nothing, and definitely not a video with which you want to engage a Kickstarter campaign. And the fact that it is a mmo/looter-shooter crap.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ook whatever.

general statement on ks and the isssues wo it i dngaf about this generic ass game.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Looks interesting, gfx are nice too for u4e.. very few have used this engine to the fullest.

12. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    looks like they reused the map from chernobylite

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not to be negative, but that Kickstarter video just... completely put me off the game.
    Everything about it just... bleh.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It is very funny how he s narrating definitely feels like 90s ads