**The HD5770 Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by keenan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    It's pretty sad and funny that my new 5770 is slightly smaller than my 8800GS yet performs ten fold better than it.

:thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Ask bodar, he seems to have OCed and RMAed the sh$t of a lot of cards, high end ones, the ones who would actually worth the time to see if they have been OCed by the user. So, i dont think so.

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I guess now they just care about customer satisfaction then just keeping up with things that would void warranty which is a good thing in a way as long as you can set the clock back to default.

4. ED13

ED13 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 Crossfire
    Is there a Bios for a Gigabyte HD5770 floating around..?

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is sarcastic? No, just doesnt worth the time to check if a card has been OCed or not. It less trouble, so, less time spent, to return a new card rather than investigating the customer. Dont confuse that with actual care for the client.

The only people who make orifices search is copyright protection companies lol But thats cuz they have their own stick in their ass...

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    yea I was being sarcastic.Honestly I would think that with these new cards they would actually want to investigate seeing they are the new releases.

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Hers a pic of everything I got with my MSI R5770 Hawk 1GB and I'm kinda jelious of the other guy that got his cd's :(

[​IMG]

8. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    Wow, whats with the long crossfire bridge? Is it for putting a space between two cards so their fans can get air? If so, thats great.

9. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    holy ****... if youre willing to sell, id buy that crossfire bridge off ya. ive been looking around for a longer one to suit certain arrangements on a new mobo...

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    sorry but later on I plan on this year when I get a better power supply i'm going to see if I can set up my 9800GTX as a PhysX .

11. DemonJester

DemonJester Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R5770 Hawk CF
    Check underneath the foam, that is where my cd and manuals were with my Hawk.

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    ah thanks bud I never thought it would be underneath but thanks again that's where I found them.

13. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What has that to do with the CF bridge? :confused:

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    though I needed it for the phys x for a temp add on till I have money saved up to do a crossfire with another 5770 hawk,but I don't know how much a crossfire bridge like mine would be worth.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  15. CyberTod

CyberTod Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    Hi to all,

I have a 5770 from Sapphire for a few days now. Didn't even had enough time to play much with it.
    I wanted to ask you how you make your cards to work at 157/300, i suppose you talk about core and memory speed. Because my card is at stock settings - 800mhz core speed and at idle it goes to 400Mhz.

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    okay, im not too sure what youre trying to say, but you dont need a crossfire bridge to run physx off an nvidia card... mainly because crossfire is for linking ati cards with ati cards, and sli is for nvidia to nvidia, and a crossfire cable has nothing to do with running an nvidia card for physx.

17. gdjacobsen

gdjacobsen Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 580 Phantom
    Ahh you poor mortals, if you must buy a midrange ati card why not buy the MSI 5770 HAWK like me or the Vapor X i saw one of you had, its seriously a sweet card, when i squeez mine to it limit with afterburner i get a steady 1011mhz on the core and 1420mhz on the memory and voltage at 1350mV(max) and run MSI Kombuster i get a stable temp around 57degrees. with the cardcooler at 70%rpm and with all chassis fans on low, if i put them all on max rpm temp drops 2-3 degrees when i run Kombuster/furmark. I could most likely get a little more out of it but i like my card and dont feel like playing with fire, since i only just got my new rig 2½weeks ago.
    Highly recommend this card and it has a very fair price aswell, actually it was the review from this site that made me buy it, so thx guru3d :)

18. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
    Either the idle clock is incorrect, or you are somehow stuck in the higher-power idle state.

In Vista/Win7 I run the Balanced power scheme, but suspect another scheme could change the selected idle clock.

Regardless, you can verify each state's frequency by using RBE to dump the video BIOS.

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    It will throttle up to the advertised speeds when you actually get in game and try using MSI afterburner to make sure it is throttling up when you are in games.

@Sever
    for some reason I though you were trying to buy it from what I read in one if your older post quote,Might have miss read it though...

20. CyberTod

CyberTod Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 960
    @JonnyBoy, you got me wrong. There is nothing wrong with ingame settings. When I run a game the clock goes at 850mhz as it should. I don't intend to overclock for now, I'll be running at stock speeds.
    But when I'm at desktop my clock is 400mhz, and I've read posts where some people are getting 157mhz in idle mode. That is what I want to do, use this lower clock in idle mode.
    It thought it might be because I was using Windows XP, but last night I installed Windows 7 64 bit, afterall why I bought a DirectX 11 card and using it as a DirectX 9 device only. Using 10.4 drivers.
    Maybe they lowered the clock with a different tool to get this lower clock ?