The Guru3D World of Warcraft Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Frag-master, Apr 1, 2009.

1. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I posted some Ulduar pics in the game pic thread thought some might want to see them.

2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    A bit random but I decided to do a test with Shadows OFF and Shadows on Maximum. The results are shocking. All other settings are on/highest, 1920x1200 and 4xAA.

SHADOWS OFF:

[​IMG]

SHADOWS MAXIMUM:

[​IMG]

Blizzard need to do some serious optimisation to the shadows, eh? :wanker: Look at the performance difference!

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And thats in Stormwind, try it out in Dalaran at the busiest sections.

4. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've just started again with a friend, 24 human pala, she's a 78DK now.. lol

I've had >> 72 Human pala, 77 Orc shammy, 72 UD priest, 70 NE rog, 70 Human war, 60 human lock, 60 human pala, 60 BE pala... can't remember anymore, sure there were though

AND I've botted about 5 chars to 70 for friends for £££ and countless locks to 60, 4 at a time also for easy extra £££ while I sleep/work.

I really cba to level this paladin, though. I need glider to come back... it's killing me!

5. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I just finished multi-boxing 3 accounts at the same time with RAF! Used Grant Levels for the 4th level 60! ;) All within 2 weeks work, though I don't hardcore and 'botters', etc would be able to do it in 2-3 days haha.

6. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Character: Karethir
    Realm: Gnomeregan
    Class/Level: DK 80
    Role: Frost Tank(main)/Unholy DPS (offspec)

Dual specced, a lot of achievements for a DK honestly 378 isnt bad, it's going up a few ones daily even though it's getting thougher and thougher

Been running through ulduar a lot

GL to you guys

7. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Going to sell them? I couldn't pay 4-5 subs per month just for some PvP fun lol.

Looked into other bots seeing as Glider is kaput, and struck gold! http://www.piroxbots.com/

Going to buy it tomorrow and take my paladin to 80, f*ck you, quests!

Although I'll probably do Northrend by hand, then bot half a level or so each night.

Then when I start back at college in September and leave my job, I'll have to go back to powerlevelling for people and botting warlocks to sell :D

Blizzard <3

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    Aggamagan-EU. THE PEEVEEPEEE realm :D.

9. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    :)

[​IMG]

Joined a brand new guild two nights ago, naxx10 cleared first time and last night got Sarth down and both bosses in voa10.. with only 2 people doing over 2k dps so quite good really. Got T7 gloves from Sarth and then we went voa and my T8 gloves dropped... i'm only retri pala in the raid and the holy pala rolled for it as well.. i won the roll but still SHE gets the T8 gloves.. I reckon it's because shes the GL's girlfriend [​IMG]

10. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    Few days ago while playing my trial, I happened to be in Orgrimmar at the right time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fresh delivery from Tanaris, a gift for Thrall.

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I play on Burning Legion, a European server. :eek:

12. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    My friend is one of the top warriors on Europe, and has finally quit the game (thankfully) after a /played time of 397 days

I started a new character, came back and played for 3 months and now i am bored of it again. Talnivarr EU

13. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I play on Burning Legion, US server hehe.

14. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    hey guys i have the first wow un used ( bought it but never activated it ) can i use that to play the lich king ? ... i know this sounds STUPID but i figure if its still for sale on blizzard site then i think it should work right ? i have the installer of Lich king but i want to know do i have to buy the lich king or can i activate my WoW key ? http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000034

this is the one im talking about can anyone tell me if it will work or not ?

15. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    If your just starting, you won't need the Lich King since it's for higher levels. But no, you'll need to buy the Burning Crusade AND then the Lich King if you want to go past level 60 and then 70.

16. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    so i cant enter outlands then ? and i dont think i can use paladin either right ? ... can you tell me what i can and cannot use ? im thinking more along the lines of outlands , paladins and lvl 70 i will not be able to use on plain wow right ? cause paladin and outlands were introduced in BC ...

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ewwwwwwww what a waste of time. My lvl 60 back in the day had a played of 1 month and I thought I was playing waaaaay too much.

I cannot stand WoW anymore. I barely can stand Lotro too. I'm getting bored of mmos maybe... I don't know.

18. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    [ R ] : in standard WOW which u have. you can only play paladin on Alliance toons.
    and no, you cant go to Outlands until level 58 + you must have Burning Crusade x-pac.

19. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    Realm - Lightninghoof US server.

Character - level 56 feral druid.

I just started playing couple months ago and WOW is getting into my blood. Oh noes! Couple more levels then I can head to outlands!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    wow those pics are really sharp. what res were they captured in?