The Guru3D World of Warcraft Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Frag-master, Apr 1, 2009.

1. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    For me, WoW used to be a true revelation. I used to play rogue in hardcore PvE more than 10 hours a day on average but I've always hated guild *******s, the lack of communication, epicitis and same-recipe-different-sauce style content. The drop that spilt the bucket for me was not really the gold farmers and cheats, nor even the ridiculous class makeovers but just how typically hard it usually was to find enough good players to team up with. The thing I miss the most is heavy duty challenge. If you've ever tried TBC heroics before they got nerfed, while playing rogue dressed up mostly in blue items... that's when you'll likely understand where I'm coming from. :)

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep i did some of those on my tank back in the day, rogues had it bad with having to deal with 360 degree cleaves that pretty much one shotted you. A lot of people just totally skipped heroics since the loot from Kharazan was better and easier to get whereas some if not all of the heroics pre-nerf just werent worth the hassle at all. Even after the nerfs some places like Arcatraz were pretty tough, think that joint got nerfed twice.

3. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    wrong its been looked at before there is only around 200,000 accounts that has been used for gold farming 8 million is way over the line just my server alone has close to 1 mill active players

4. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    For rogues most of the haste bonus gear from heroics was still better dps in raid but it had less stamina so using it required more playskills. There was not that much to be had from Kara (I had the spreadsheet, and my dps meter later confirmed my theory about raid buffed dual mongoose combat daggers being highest dps prior to 25 man raid loot). By the time I got drops from Kara I already had everything I wanted from heroics, including all badge rewards. This was long before they nerfed the living crap out of heroics BTW. Once they did that, apart from raids the game had become boring and it took only some months for raids to become seriously very boring again too.

5. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Damn, it takes alot of time to finish every single quest there is in TBC zones.

Been questing for 3 days now and i'm now heading to Netherstorm.
    Only have 2,3k gold from leveling there, i hope to get 4,2k for epic flying skill after doing all the quests.