The Guru3D Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Novacaine, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    I personally don't, however all i was saying was that it is possible for him to have the two different characters in question by having two different accounts. IT looks like i overlooked the the server button though as someone else has already pointed out.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    OMGWTFBQQ UBER IMBA EPICS RARE ITEM:

[​IMG]

I guess they forgot to remove it and they designed it at the start of the game with all them other classes :D Looks like a coder was learning the basics of designing items? :D

3. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I've seen a couple of those before... I was scared to buy it though... I thought it would devour my character in an orgy of blood and gore. While probably looking cool, is not in my best interest. :p

On a side note; I got a new 42" HDTV and a new sound system including the Xonar D2X sound card and oh man... everything is so amazing. It beats the snotling out of what I had before (see what I did there? SNOTLING! GET IT!? HAAAA!!!).

4. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 460 GTX
    Anybody try the new nvidia 178.24's yet, before the servers went down this afternoon?

On a side note i found out where most of my war lagg was from. It was caused by fraps, and me by not changing the default video capture & screenshot keys. Had over 55 gigs of vids and pics. Thought that was worth sharing

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008

5. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    AHH! I just got the game! What server should I join?

6. Novacaine

Novacaine Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 780 3GB
    Wurtbad

7. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Dont join Ostermark. Well, if you do, be Destruction. I haven't done any RvR on that server for a while and just got into one and I think they (Order) actually got dumber. I didn't think that was possible :p

8. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Seriously, the order guys on the server I started on are horrible. No one even knows how to play ctf. RvR on the world map is alright cause there is not a lot of destruction guys trying to kill me. Anyways the game is cool. I'll be playing for a while I think. Better than WoW so far, IMO. But just started we'll see how my opinion is when I've hit a brick wall.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The game is £9.99 on play.com I'm really tempted to give this a try... I recently reinstalled my windows and I was thinking whether to install WOW or LOTRO again (both take ages to download updates) and then I stumbled upon this great deal... Should I? I also have AoC, but that's not my cup of tea. How has the scene developed for Warhammer? Have there been a few patches to balance the game out? Or was it good straight out of the box? Any cons this game has compared to LOTRO and WOW?

EDIT: Ok I bought the game, I should have it by thursday/friday. What servers are you guys playing on? I've also read through this thread and I'm thinking playing as Witch hunter or Sorcerer should be fun.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I am playing on Karak-Norn Order and Axe-Bite Pass Destruction but they are currently giving A-BP server characters free server transfers so roll your Destruction toons on Karak-Azgal.

The last two large patches have REALLY improved the whole game. 2 new classes, tons of balance issues fixed, optimisation of the game (plays alot better now) and tons of bug fixes.
    Mythic are frequently releasing mini-patches/hotfixes also. They are also now starting their second phase of free character transfers.

Give me a shout when your ready and we can play together! ;)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cool, thanks dude... Which one do you play more? Order (Karak-Norn) or Destruction (are you on Karak-Azgal already?)... I should hopefully get the game on Thursday, have Thursday night off, and Friday day off too so will give you a shout when I'm all ready to play.

12. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    For the past month or so I've been playing Order because my Destruction server has been so empty but that will be the opposite with the characters transfers so who knows!

Order toons:

30 Engineer
    19 Bright Wizard
    16 Witch Hunter
    12 White Lion

Destruction toons:

33 Sorcerer
    26 Zealot
    7 Marauder
    5 Squig Herder

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sorry evilkiller but I don't really understand what you meant. Destruction server has been empty but it'll change with the characters? What characters? I don't understand. I'll try the Order server then and I hope to see you online dude...

EDIT: Oh, did you mean that Destruction server should be ok after the move to Karak-Azgal?

14. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Hehe yes.

Missed out out the 'transfers' after characters :p Edited it in.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh, cool... nice one. Is there a patch I should download prior to getting the game? I mean, the last thing I want to do is get the game, install it and then realize that I need to download a 2gb patch/update... I'd like to do that before I get the game so I can just install it without having to sit there waiting like usual...

16. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I stopped playing this for a while since my account ran out and I bought an Xbox... hands are full at the moment :p

I essentially wasted a month of my game time too... stupid military... :(

The 2 new classes are out and there's a lot of patching to be done. I don't know if you can download them all separately though.

17. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The patch sizes aren't that big. You cannot download the patches separately but Mythic give AWESOME download speeds unlike WoW, AoC or the LOTRO clients.
    I'd guess you need to download roughly about 300MB worth of data.... 500MB at the worst!

EDIT:

3 new good patches in under the space of a week! ;)

Patch 1.1c notes:

Really like the attention they are giving this game!

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh cool, I don't mind downloading a 500mb update, shouldn't take that long if it maxes out my download (700+ kbs). My game shipped Wednesday morning, should be here Thursday (today). I'll be online Thursday evening so I'll give you a shout.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My game didn't come today, I take it the Royal Mail is pretty busy at this time of the year. Will be here tomorrow morning, I'm 100% sure of it, so I'll give it a go in the afternoon ,.-)

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    On 1PM to 7PM tomorrow :( Will see you night time then.