1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB GTR
    Agony UNRATED

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OnnA and pedropaulo like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Destiny 2 Game (it's for free, yours to keep until Nov.18)
    Made with Adrenalin™ ReLive

Smooth FreeSync experience, no Reshade cuz' it's blocked :eek:
    ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    nom nom nom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Assassins Creed Unity
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Unity still looks amazing today... it got alot of hate for being unoptimized at its launch, but the truth was just that it was ahead of all other games of its time in terms of graphics and scope... so it wasn't unoptimized, it was just demanding.

darrenj likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on the expansion areas tone map and use of certain effects like chromatic aberration but the pre-baked global illumination while a bit limiting (I think the game has 4 set time of day values only.) really lifts the visual quality though a few more months of development wouldn't have hurt. Gameplay well it's not the worst but the combo system and finishers get a bit dragged out and Ubisoft went to ridiculous levels of collectibles where the map at start just is cluttered with everything though patches did at least fix it so the phone app no longer being required and the contests being over now unlocks the rest of the 5-star gear for use with the game immediately instead of waiting weeks for it to be unlocked as it was on release.

Interiors and character detail is still top notch even against Origin and Odyssey (Syndicate already dialed it back a bit.) but for a full open world and having a dynamic time of day with varying lighting and weather patterns Origins and Odyssey is a nice upgrade though with some trade-offs.

These exist in Unity as well so screenshots of large vistas and similar even if Paris in 1:1 is beautiful is often marred by the low level of detail and view distance before things are markedly downgraded but it has to be done for performance even on newer hardware. :)
    (The RAM and VRAM situation is better now as seen by games such as Wildlands where it can retain a higher visual fidelity and overall improvements to the Anvil Next engine itself.)

Definitively a strong showcase for Ubisoft's art team and the engine itself although yeah the initial release version had it's bugs but they patched it up pretty well before Syndicate was released.
    (Though they also use different teams, I think there's six or so separate studios involved with Assassin's Creed since it's first installment and then the sequel and it's companion games to the third game and so on.)
    (Montreal, Quebec, Kiev and others.)

EDIT: Tessellation would have been nice too but it was ultimately held off and then cancelled entirely maybe in favor of just patching up the game itself before adding extra visual effects.

Forgot if the game introduced anything but I think it was Black Flag that debuted HBAO+, NVIDIA's volumetric sun rays and PCSS.

Syndicate would then be the game for HBAO+ Ultra and PCSS+ as I recall.
    HBAO having a nice extra pass for occlusion and minimizing artifacts but both being really high res and extending way off in the distance so it was pretty costly and in-game you could probably have toned it down without a noticeable change in visual quality ha ha.
    (Tech stuff: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/gameworks/events/GDC2016/atatarinov_alpanteleev_advanced_ao.pdf )

Well back to screenshots I suppose, this is already a bit lengthy and tech oriented heh.
    Quite a showcase for the Next Gen direction Ubisoft is aiming for however and the engine is still going strong although they're really pushing things with Origins and especially Odyssey now. :D

Don't really have much at the moment though, this is from Odyssey of last week and the ship challenge. Edited that into a earlier post but I guess I'll just stick it here instead.

So.

Assassin's Creed Odysey

[​IMG]

I think the mercenary challenge is still MIA but they did add another ship for players to ram down for a small reward.
    (Supposed to have weekly legendary mercenaries roaming around with unique armor set pieces on them but it's still not fully functional last I heard.)

It's pretty much the same with a slightly different paint job though. :p

EDIT: And at some point it really is time to just go through the series in full again but that means dealing with the THREE TRIALS(!!!) system of AC1 and the lovely NPC's doing everything in their programming power to make you hate them.
    (Templars hate him, just do these three simple steps and you too can be an assassin!)

EDIT: Hmm I suppose the water and underwater area is one thing I haven't explored much.

[​IMG]

But it'll have to wait a while until Microsoft resolves the activation problems currently going on as that's exactly what was missing in these, a watermark. :p

[​IMG]

Lighting could be a bit better though but down here the sunlight and time of day doesn't have much of a impact on things.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  7. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider​
    [​IMG]

8. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Hey Kaicooper, where can I find the reshade for this game?

9. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
  10. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Mega Man ZX (Retroarch)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
  12. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    Which AA setting do you use?

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    The Best in game is TAA (all is Ultra/High)
    Reshade is not working at all.

Apart of EDZ (Europe site in Game) D2 looks really good.
    It's like BorderLands 2 but with better Visuals ;)

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey

That's quite a necklace, sadly the game won't let you just take it.
    [​IMG]
    (Unique face *and* body model, you must be someone really important later on.)

Ha ha taste de-feet from someone who's traveled up and down the Greek islands for what likely amounts to several months worth of time and despair.
    [​IMG]
    (Well the puns are what they are and at least *this* finishing animation wasn't a groin stab of some kind. :p )

And what exactly are *you* doing on my ship.
    [​IMG]
    (Great, hopefully Athenian bits cleans up well once scraped off.)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  15. Dead Squallit

Dead Squallit Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 980 1480/4000

16. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    just finished Mega Man ZX…such a fantastic game
    now lets marathon Zero collection

Mega Man Zero (Retroarch)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Anvil, we meet again

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Papo & Yo (Reshade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega