The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Just clear these last few monasteries, music and the overall audio works made me want to take a few screenshots ha ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xtreme512 likes this.
  2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Control Ultimate Edition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    AC: Valhalla. I'm playing on 1080p maxed out except vol. lighting stepped down to very high. I wanted to share screenshots (PNG lossless). AC series really have good graphic effects that takes you in the environment and you just stop playing for a bit to take a look around, it captivates you.

Odyssey and Origins comes really close in terms of IQ but there are things that have improved in this game. Such as, view distance quality is higher than the previous game, it is more detailed. Lighting effects are improved a lot; there are mists in valley that has a blue hue then slowly dissolves when you get higher grounds, god rays are also on to the point in forests and top of the valleys coming directly from the sky (pictures can't justify this, in motion (gameplay) you see this a lot clearly.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  4. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
  6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Demon's Souls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Horus-Anhur and JonasBeckman like this.
  7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    What game is this??

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That there's Quantum Break and then Dead Space 1, Q-Break isn't bad at all but it loves it's long intermission moments.
    (Small gameplay segments after each mission with twenty minute FMV's showing what's going on. Not terrible but a bit much.)

Dead Space 1's fantastic though over time you just go into having all the supplies and ammo and even stomping enemies (Item drops.) is less of a thing because you're never going to use all those supplies.
    Also as I recall ammo drops is based on what you have on you, force gun ammo is valuable, carry it but never fire the thing and break the game economy entirely. :p
    (Line racks earlier on could be a thing too if you want to drown in purchased node thingies and get every armor upgrade - sans one - almost immediately.)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Its atmosphere is still unmatched for sure.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hard to get a good action screen from this game because it moves so fast, I can't remember the last fps I played that was this fast paced. That's a good thing though, Doom is an icon that is still very alive and well thankfully.

de1.jpg de5.jpg de6.jpg

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    quantum break
    very nice game
    timeless collector's edition is beautiful and includes a book

[​IMG]

the last few games I played made me realize why I got so bored with gaming
    I had a rtx 2070 Super and lost interest in gaming to the point of selling it.
    then I played amnesia on my igpu,purchased a 1070 and finished evil within 2 with bated breath.
    the quality of graphics these days is amazing but it's the quality of game that pulls you in.

[​IMG]

got 2 chapters left in DS.doubt I'll have time today and I don't wanna rush to the ending.
    then it's mafia def edition and jedi fallen order.
    still got so many calssics to play later in 2021.
    I got a 8bitdo sn30+ on black friday,may finally try out ace combat 7 I got a while ago or finish games that I abandoned cause they didn't play well on kb+m like automata or dmc5

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  12. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
  13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I started playing this series.. then I had to stop... scary AF

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    quite scary
    alien isolation was a thousand times worse.

anyway,I finished it.very good.

[​IMG]

I got my sn30pro+ yesterday,never had a controller before.I never understood how people can get used to playing on consoles but frankly,I could get used to this.
    I capped fps at 50 and it was actually a very pleasureable experience.45 was okay too.39-41 was where I started having a little bit of an issue playing but damn,+45 with a controller is still very enjoyable.Especially in a game like WD2 with lots of walking,driving and flying your quadcopter.For a few hour long session I would probably choose to play at 50 with a controller than 70 with kb+m,it's just more relaxing that way and it doesn't feel jerky or slow at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just started mafia def,what a beautiful rework

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    jbscotchman, Turanis and SameOldx2 like this.
  15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Immortals Fenyx Rising (Formerly Gods & Monsters)

[​IMG]
    "Unavailable in Tartaros." Well so much for using the photo mode proper, guess this must really be hell then. :p

[​IMG]
    Helluva place you got here Tarty.

[​IMG]
    Having played some of the older Zelda games I'd bet on the feathered one.

[​IMG]
    This is going fabulously.

[​IMG]ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    (Copy&Paste and all but that bear *is* quite happy.)
    (Alternate bear image: https://abload.de/img/test0259juf.jpg )

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    what do you make of the game so far ?

playing mafia,some amazing work they did with faces and expressions

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Same tech as what they did with Mafia III.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Very clearly inspired by Breath of the Wild but also using several gameplay elements that are very familiar from Assassin's Creed Origins and on.
    More focused but you still get the big open world and there's about 30 - 40 hours on average game time but it's also a full priced Ubisoft game so unless you use the 20% off from 100 Ubi-Points I'd wait oh like a month or so for the usual nice discount that Ubisoft (And also EA) very frequently does.

It's not bad so far I also really like the more creative and witty writing here although the art direction and design while based on the Anvil Next engine (Though this now uses D3D11 again.) might be a touch colorful and less visually distinct or impressive compared to the visual fidelity in say Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it's portrayal of ancient Greece and it's mythos or one comparison I've seen often is also Hades but then Hades has it's trump card which is hard to beat.

Minotaur with a Pompadour.
    https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/Diesel/blog/hades-the-beefy-update/EGS_SupergiantGames_Hades_Beefy_Social_News-2560x1440-0e6973e60f8de04636dc9c3a3d9f829a58917324.jpg
    (Wears pink with pride too it seems.)

And other stylish things but it's a bit of a different genre entirely.

Heard good things about it from earlier reviews and average scores but I like to go by user reception and opinions more but that's been pretty good too but the art style has been divisive which yeah I'm not totally sold on it either.

The writing while witty also can not carry the game on it's own and some of how it plays might be a bit too close to the new Assassin's Creed games even if you're not level scaling but it's down to gears, skills and upgrades before tackling the tougher areas and challenges.

I am enjoying it thus far remains to be seen how the late game stacks up however and if the enjoyment lasts for the entirety of the game though I have often been impressed by what else Ubisoft can put out besides it's bigger well recognized multi-installment long running franchises even if this isn't a immediate return of the earlier Ubi-Art type of games.
    (Montreal Studio I believe was the big one behind this same as Assassin's Creed Origins.)

EDIT: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

[​IMG]

Huh tracer arrows.

[​IMG]

Lots of tracer arrows.

SameOldx2 likes this.
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Twin Mirror

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  20. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Just started Satisfactory, a factory building game in early access. The boxes are some sort of Christmas event.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman and kx11 like this.