1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. paulonone

paulonone Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Forza Horizon 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    AsiJu, LuckyNumber8 and Death_LV like this.
  2. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - Dolphin GC (Reshade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dragon Quest XI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    War breaks outside the main road to Bohemia in summer of 1403
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

signex and JonasBeckman like this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]
    (Look at all them floating loot boxes out there in the water, yeah basic resources won't be a problem.)
    [​IMG]
    (I sailed way off into the distance and there's just about nothing here I can do yet so wee I get to sail all the way back!)
    [​IMG]
    (This was a nice find way off into the mainland, some other interesting village later in called Lamia too but they weren't very friendly and I only got some weird screenshots of it so oh well.)
    [​IMG]
    (Well he seems quite relaxed.)

Trekking all over the place finding and covering the fast travel sync points, THIS GAME IS BIG. :p
    Which is nice but best taken on in small bursts though little by little I intend to try and 100% it.

Well time to hit another island and see what's on that and then maybe uncover more of the main continental regions and FINDING THE MAIN STORY. (Which is on a beach over there with the golden boys of Sparta but meh they can wait.)

EDIT: And yeah greek armor and their little details.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WTHCostumingDepartment

But there are some really nice pieces too in between the clearly-just-for-ceremonial-use stuff at least. :p

At least Ubisoft didn't go full out with the artsy stuff so no loincloth, helmet and shield here. (And nothing else, also the loincloth seem to have been added for the movie adaption.)
    (No shield at all weirdly enough. WTH but I guess the stick of legendary poking makes up for it with it's plot powers.)

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

That's *not* how to use your head in battle.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  6. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Terminator - SegaCD (Retroarch with shader)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    [​IMG]

Killed some blinged up deer (Well, hind.) with my equally blinged up character. Made for a interesting little encounter although same as Origins there's a dither pattern on the fur and similar transparency surfaces so that hits image quality a bit, specular highlights on the wet terrain near the puddle also detract a bit but it's not too bad, image was downsized to 1920x1080 from 2560x1440 which should keep file size down a bit but also reduce aliasing slightly.

Dithering can be good though but it depends on implementation, this fur/fuss thing is kinda meh honestly but I guess it's not just painted on textures and less demanding than fully simulated hair and with all the optimizations and shortcuts to keep performance within acceptable parameters due to the ancient Greeks not shaving their wildlife properly. :p

EDIT: Older hardware also used it extensively though going way back also had stuff like limited color output and other technical limits leading to some interesting designs.

EDIT: And would you know, it's another mercenary just popping up from nowhere.

[​IMG]
    (Oopsie? https://abload.de/img/aco03d1i37.jpg Might have been the one decent guy in the game. Though not decent enough to carry legendary tier loot so good riddance.)

These dudes are everywhere, equal opportunity employment though so it's split right down the middle as 50% - 50% though 100% wants to stab you, at least they bring gifts. :p
    (Suppose a texture pack couldn't just pop up from nowhere, no? Granted the game looks quite spectacular overall but some of the ground and terrain textures are once again a bit low-res so wide panning and distant shots tend to look better than up-close detail ones.)

EDIT: And I suppose free-camera control wouldn't hurt, so far though it's only used in a trainer and I haven't tested that but it exists. :)
    https://www.wemod.com/cheats/assassins-creed-odyssey-trainers

http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=64321#p64321

EDIT: Well there's photo mode but it's the usual constraints with character distance and then STOP! (Which isn't always ideal.)
    (Similar or maybe even same as in Origins and the Cheat-Engine table it had for some of these features but it is same author of these scripts.)

EDIT: Now then, what's going on in here.
    [​IMG]
    Nude-dude fresco.
    (Not quite on size with the Statue of Zeus and the statue of Poseidon though.)

Ah it's the bathhouse. And the interior is in a lovely golden tentacle theme.

[​IMG]
    (That *IS* a pretty sweet bathhouse though, I mean I can't see any outflow for the water but still really fancy although probably not very hygienic ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    Quite the detailing really, even if the texture resolution isn't the highest it's really well made.
    (Yes I am looking at wall painted sea-food, plot is at least nice enough to wait until the player is ready. :p )
    (And yes you can use the torch to light flammable sources, like the braziers here, and any civilians behind the wall..oops.)

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Hmm, various myths an legends I believe.
    (That sorry rag of skin in the tree is probably the golden fleece at least.)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    sertopico likes this.
  8. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    AC Odyssey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  9. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Def Jam Fight for NY - PCSX2 (Reshade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Tj- likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Liking the third image here, really shows the scale of the game and that's just a small part of the overall game world too.
    Really liking Ubisoft's attention to care and detail for how they crafted and realized the design for ancient Greece here though this goes all the way back to the first game but the improvements to tech and hardware allows Origins and Odyssey to really show off or how to say, requires some pretty good hardware though although the game does scale pretty well aside from some potential bottleneck situations too.

Hmm screenshots? Well mostly just exploring for the moment. Found a quest and wrapped that up and then took out the quest giver for additional XP and loot. :p

Turns out he was the Spartan champion of limbo. :D
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Also the distinct lack of pants in this time period means you need to angle the screenshots a little bit to avoid potential problems. :p
    (Certainly explains all the low-aim finishing animations though...)

EDIT: Well I am right in the area where it's located so.

[​IMG]

As another example of detailing, this thing is covered in all kinds of little details such as the Greek pantheon and the sphinxes and the lions.

EDIT: Ah that's pretty nice. Pretty impressive variety to the various islands in the game.

[​IMG]

(This looks a bit out of place though. Need to check for tropical pine validity and that size! - https://abload.de/img/aco01ggd2v.jpg )

EDIT: If the burning sensation lasts you might want to consult a doctor.

[​IMG]
    (Also was it really necessary to hit the guy *again* when he was already down and out? https://abload.de/img/aco01bqibe.jpg )

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    sertopico likes this.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    So you'll just hang out anywhere? :p

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dragon Quest XI

[​IMG]

jaggerwild and JonasBeckman like this.
  14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I just HAD to try it if that was possible. :p

AsiJu likes this.
  15. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    AC Odyssey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Phone gfx

[​IMG]

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    :D
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Hmm wonder if DOOM: Eternal will have customization options.
    (EDIT: Ah yes that's the original DOOM Marine's iconic appearance - Midriff in space! - and then that Cacodemon plushie that got pretty popular.)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    [​IMG]

Not bad for a combat image although I can't get over the weapons in the two handed category (The "heavies" that is.) constantly shrinking and enlarging to fit on the characters back and then in combat it's like a telescopic baton or something. :p
    (Little quirk with the animation, larger weapon but without most of the clipping and yeah Origins had the same thing for it's two handers.)

And it wasn't really worth taking a image of but I found a legendary rooster of all things, "guarded" a treasure chest but didn't really put up much of a fight, being a bit of a chicken I suppose. :D

EDIT: And yeah not to worry there are finishing animations for where the axe hits a certain body part too just as with every other weapon type in the game so far. :D
    (Although same as Origins I suppose it makes sense when the only armor for the walnuts are a piece of skirt and mostly just soft cloth with some leather doodads dangling about.)

EDIT: Suddenly, random tree.

[​IMG]

Interesting little location, nothing notable there but I don't recall seeing the tree decorations/charms before.
    (EDIT: No it must be a quest location, this island has other shrines kinda looking like they follow seasons or something.)

EDIT: And the battle mode. (Formations? Hah what formations!)

[​IMG]
    (Was it really necessary to stab the enemy captain with a axe and then all the way to the hilt at that too.)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dragon Quest xi

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU: