The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Everyone's all deep into the visual splendor that is RDR2...

Me? Nope. This looks better. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Heard good things about Wrath though I also heard Arcane Keep did the level design better but it's too early to judge as I believe out of 15 levels and three episodes the current version provides a full two for players to start out with.
    Also heard the shotgun feels fantastic which was a near immediate sale point for the game but going to wait and work on the backlog though it will probably be picked up well before it hits full release mid next year I think it was.

EDIT: Also it somehow reminds me of Hexen 2 although I expect it to actually be closer to Quake 1 in terms of how it plays and level design and exploration.

EDIT: Grandia HD

[​IMG]
    Coffee, in these?

[​IMG]
    Aha.

[​IMG]
    Looks like someone is quite a "cafe" enthusiast eh. Ha ha.

[​IMG]
    That's one way to do it I suppose.

[​IMG]
    And here comes the plot, time to go on a adventure and see the world.
    (And steal everything not nailed down, hero economics!)

[​IMG]
    So that's what they mean with from on high huh.
    Ha ha ha.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    This is closer to Hexen II in terms of level design/flow. It's a Hub world that allows you to travel to the levels to collect runes.
    You can feel influences from other titles. But, don't go in expecting Quake... just because it's made on the Quake engine... doesn't mean anything. It is not Quake.

And yes, the Early Access build 3DR have released has two levels from the first Hub. But, the plan is over the course of the EA to release three more levels to complete this Hub world.
    Then the full game release, with the rest of the levels.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Rest assured, the shotgun IS fantastic. Great, meaty boom and just the right amount of kickback.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Gujian 3

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2. Stagecoach edition. I spent the last 8+ game hours driving around with the stagecoach in first-person mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman and ShadowDuke like this.
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

using any reshade or filters?, Looks really nice and vibrant.

9. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    This shouldn't looks like that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Well on a newer GPU you could probably pop on RTX and get Quake 2 RTX looking as NVIDIA intended the RTX version to display with version 1.2 and the newest 441.41 drivers but on anything not a let's see 2060 and higher I think(?) you're not getting the RTX enhancements and performance wise I think you need a 2070 or 2080 or variants with the RTX hardware for additional performance though the other GPU's can do alright but some effects will probably push the performance to it's limits and some of the tech in this showcase probably does just that.

Can't speak for how the non-RTX version looks like of the RTX Quake 2 build assuming they set it up to be properly lit and it has all the needed stuff to display correctly without the RTX back end enabled which I guess kinda comes across as back in the day running the game in software mode instead of 3D although it got popular for reasons of so fast and so sharp as well and not just the Voodoo GPU capabilities of texture filtering and T&L for lighting effects from memory.

EDIT: The gamma or the shadows and lighting do seem a bit "off" though far as judging the screenshots at least though I like some of the other enhancements compared to modded variants of Quake 2 or the other version using path tracing.
    (Neat technical accomplishment that.)

EDIT: Hmm but those displays in the first image sure are reflective.
    Shadows and the global illumination seem a bit MIA overall though, driver issue if it's not the latest and it's being run on a Turing card?
    (Might be that a newer SDK was used and it's not so much Game Ready for Q2RTX 1.2 as it outright requires this latest driver for support of this.)

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 likes this.
  12. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Adaptive Sharpening, 0.200
    Colorfulness, 0.200.
    That's all I'm using right now.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Gujian 3

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  14. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  15. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    RTX 2080, 414.41, Q2RTX 1.2.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Wonder if the config file or graphics settings need to be reset it does look like it's intended to be brighter not darker with the new version though your screenshots has the rest of the enhancements. https://images.nvidia.com/geforce-c...-interactive-comparison-003-v1-2-vs-v1-1.html and if installed over the existing version maybe the .cfg file doesn't update if NVIDIA adjusted some of the defaults.

I don't have the proper hardware for ray tracing and even if AMD had support for it that wouldn't cover for RTX which is NVIDIA specific though that would be my main guess, either resetting the graphics settings to default and then adjusting them maybe quitting the game and starting it up again to check and if needed maybe check on HDR probably quickest by just disabling it in the OS (For Windows 10 at least.) that's if a HDR capable display is used so the tone mapping and related aren't being handled improperly. (Though if the game supports this properly this should be a non-issue but it would be one way to get it to look incorrect depending on how it's being managed.)

For D3D12 there's also the NVIDIA shader cache and OS cache and for Vulkan it has a cache as well those could be a problem but I would expect additional display issues and the driver would likely be smart enough to invalidate earlier cache files from older software versions and the older drivers if it's from before the 441.41 current release drivers.

Just a few suggestions and it could just be some of the earlier levels and how these were updated and lit for certain areas and rooms particularly the more enclosed indoor spaces without the skybox and additional light sources coming through.

The 1.2 comparison from NVIDIA seems to indicate a change in skybox and resulting lighting with the room in the above example lit up and also a change to a more bright orange or yellow tint thus the indoor area is also more orange or yellow in how it's lit up.

EDIT: Been a while since I played through Quake 2 as well but one could also compare from the same areas that NVIDIA's article and comparison pages are from forgot exactly how the first episode went with the earlier installations, early on there's a secret level and then hitting some of the objectives before passing on to the later parts of the game and was it a tank or something standing in for a early boss type enemy again.
    (Might have been a bit later on, been a few years.)

EDIT: More Grandia HD.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Coffee"

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Gujian 3

[​IMG]