The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Looks like gta5, just ALOT worse performance.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Much denser though isn't it, GTA V is detailed but this goes further so I can imagine the scene complexity and effects being quite a bit heavier than in GTA V although Vulkan and D3D12 should both be able to alleviate potential CPU bottlenecks and improve usage of multi threading and getting more out of CPU and GPU utilization for both NVIDIA and particularly AMD due to their little situation with D3D11 even if the hardware is keeping up with NVIDIA in many newer games still.

Doesn't mean much though if the actual visible graphical quality is minimal between the lower and higher settings I suppose, Watch_Dogs 2 had that extra view distance slider that above 50% or so you were already pushing minor objects out by a good distance and above that CPU and GPU performance just tanked for little improvement in visual fidelity or Assassin's Creed with Origins and Odyssey and the massive number of draw calls and geometry detail before effects like volumetric clouds that are known to really impact GPU performance at higher settings.

Would be interesting to have more details on what the engine is doing, SpecialK is what I normally use but it doesn't have support for Vulkan and D3D12 is also quite limited otherwise it would allow for checking draws and threading among other details although for GTA V I think the main thing was multi-sampling and the AMD and NVIDIA specific effects like shadow softening and ambient occlusion via various means besides the game defaults.

Game had some varied outdoor areas too but the scope and scale I can see from some of the Red Dead Redemption 2 images and even the console footage looks to be going even further likely also allowing for taking advantage of the XBox One X and PS4 Pro hardware also outside of pushing 1440 or 2160 resolutions or downsampling. (It's not always the settings file for what the consoles use are part of the PC version files though though I wonder what they'd be at approximately.)

And not much for screenshots so far here, various JRPG's on the backlog and November seems to be pretty low on new releases though I haven't kept up very well with indie titles.
    Star Wars Fallen Order on the 15th maybe, enjoyed Titanfall 2 so if Respawn were allowed to do their own thing with the game and it's not just going to be another movie licensed game that's ultimately fairly average it should be fun.

Should make for a nice diversion from the JRPG's and overly ridiculous amounts of fan service and innuendo at least hah.

EDIT:

Division 2 - Loot Crate

[​IMG]

Grandia High Definition (And overly filtered. :p ) edition.

Cafe huh.
    [​IMG]

Burgers, seems to be a bit of a thing lately.
    [​IMG]

Just the usual JRPG grinding against anything small and easily dispatched.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  3. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Rdr2 is just crazy unoptimized on pc, and nvidia hasn't bothered to do any driver optimization for pascal... add no multi gpu support, and you have a super bad cocktail... at least for me. Had sli worked, i could at least have played at native 4k with high settings at like 40 ish fps.

JonasBeckman likes this.

5. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2, no reshade needed. The lighting and volumetric effects are spectacular. There is the odd low res texture here and there, but not that many. Vegetation can be flat looking at times. The draw distance is amazing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

styckx likes this.
  6. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  7. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  8. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    You can force multi GPU in Vulkan to delete the RDR2 profile,which is disabled (for now) by Nvidia in the RDR2 profil[​IMG]e due flickering/artefacts. So Rockstar is working on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  9. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2
    The lighting and fog in this swamp are amazing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nightime is a bit bright with the moon but still has some nice effects.[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  10. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2. Just started chapter 4. Fantastic lighting here also.
    Rainbow effect is nice in this one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
  12. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  13. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The fog effects are amazing

theres no model clipping either, they've done some amazing work on their volumetric sorting.

SameOldx2 likes this.
  15. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2 some of the interiors are very nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is medium mirror reflection setting.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like the lighting in this one
    [​IMG]

Some shots of the riverboat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Not bad for the screenshots from the game shown so far on this page, will be interesting to see if the console platforms for the next generation will push for some impressive improvements though PC's already likely close to what can be expected visually if 4k is going to be a big focus and 60 FPS will probably be very variable in how that's supported though improving volumetric effects further (Goodbye framerate, even more so that current heavy hitters I suppose.) and the inaccuracies of the optimized and various modes of global illumination in particular though the game does a good job of it and it's not like I'm expecting titles to suddenly hit offline rendering like AC Unity but it'll be a nice update over existing shortcomings along with the usual screen space issues with reflections and ambient occlusion errors though it's not going to go away entirely. (Expensive after all, compute time and performance could be used elsewhere so well optimized games will probably be pretty clever in how these effects are applied.)

Scale and scope of open world and other improvements would be nice but Rockstar has the luxury of the amount of time they get to spend working on each game and that's very hard to match although for similar titles I was quite impressed by what Ubisoft accomplished by Watch_Dogs in terms of details particularly the sequel. (Mafia 3 tried and wasn't terrible or anything in this regard but it fell short and had bugs, lots of them.)

Then again Ubisoft has a number of studios co-developing their games across over 1000 developers so other than the dreaded slow scrolling unskippable cutscene moment at the very end they can work with that even if time isn't the same as what Rockstar can do ha ha.

As to consoles well target platform and all that stuff even if the PC version is scaled up, optimization and time and effort is probably going to be [beep word here] as isn't too uncommon but eh it is what it is, shouldn't be as bad as the early 2000's at least, hopefully. Hah. (Well there's less manual patch hunting if nothing else.)

SameOldx2 likes this.
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
  18. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  19. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    RDR2. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

The mud effects are amazing. The wildlife overall is amazing. All the little black dots (not birds) are insects that are flying around.[​IMG]

Then you walk a short distance away and you get this. The ground here doesn't look so good
    [​IMG]

20. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra