The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  2. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Gears 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kx11 and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    These are finally the first screens that I actually like. This game doesn't look that appealing to me in general on a graphical perspective. It looks old and new at the same time, hard to explain. :D

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Unreal Engine 4 temporal anti aliasing I'm going to say, downsampling can make quite a difference since while effective particularly at the higher settings it's also among the blurrier TAA implementations even if it does good work with aliasing and motion.
    Bit like the recent Call of Duty games having this "filmic" SMAA variant or how to compare.
    (Base version seems to be 4.11 though Coalition has customized this build a fair amount judging by the additional options and focus on D3D12 both in Gears 4 and then again here.)

NVIDIA FreeStyle might also be a possibility even with Easy Anti Cheat though whitelisted variants of ReShade should also work for stuff like sharpening though since it's on top of the image (post process.) it would apply to everything so a bit finicky to get right while avoiding sharpening artifacts from just pushing the sharpness up. (But that's more of a issue in motion and for images it's less pronounced.)

The game does focus on framerate and performance too so the actual level visuals are a bit more modest than the cutscenes but that's been a thing in games for a decade or so soon if not more so nothing especially new.

EDIT:
    The heavy usage of motion blur and depth of field, filmic effects or tone mapping and more isn't to everyone's liking either even if the cutscenes can be pretty fancy and border on mixing pre-rendered with real time or transitioning, thought several of them would actually be pre-rendered but here's Dom with his iron pipe making it clear that no it's probably real time ha ha.
    (Think that was his name at least, picked it up at some point and just stuck with it all the way to the end of the game though you can give AI companions weapons if you aim at them as it turns out but eh he liked that pipe and it did ridiculous damage and no worry about ammo either or durability which it doubled as as it's wielded by an AI.)

Hmm maybe not just TAA re-reading the post again, sounds a bit more like Rise or Shadow for Tomb Raider where it's often clearly noticeable where the dev team compromised a bit with visual quality to get performance and then the cutscenes just get really detailed even if the games overall also looked good if a bit inconsistent at times. (More so for Shadow from memory though several of the setpieces did look fantastic too.)

The game does have to run at some framerate though hah.
    But additional options, draw distance or shadow quality won't replace simplified geometry, lacking detailing and such so even on PC these areas dip a bit visually often around combat arenas or the open world or hub sections.
    (Though some of this can also be for gameplay purposes.)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    sertopico likes this.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Exactly, effects are good but the lack of geometric detail is pretty much in your face! As you wrote they had to keep those 60fps.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch

[​IMG]
    To the titty bar! (Well these would be cow udders but whatever.)

[​IMG]
    Health fries? Heresy! (Granted I am pretty sure there are some means and different methods to do them a bit less than McD's or so...)

[​IMG]
    White barf...milk isn't something to be expunged it's supposed to enter the body not leave it! (Well in most cases at least.)

[​IMG]
    Zip it plot I'm playing in the middle of the road here having fun and ignoring the traffic.

[​IMG]
    It's the great Khan though at least the great horde isn't anywhere nearby.

[​IMG]
    Nice little town though, guess this is going to serve as the prologue for a while before it's off to the other areas.

[​IMG]
    And this must be the all devouring Fluffy the (fat) cat.

[​IMG]
    Here comes the plot and this strange fairy thing creature.

[​IMG]
    Well time to get this started proper then.

[​IMG]
    Time to heroically beat up a small animal.

EDIT: Granted in the ideal happy fantasy world this portrays I suppose it could be the name of a grocery store unlike real life.
    (You know it's fantasy when all the characters are all happy and cheery and helpful though as per laws that govern reality you might the savior of the world but you still buy your gear and NO DISCOUNTS well a small one perhaps.)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    pedropaulo likes this.
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Borderlands 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    RAGE 2

[​IMG]

BetA and JonasBeckman like this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    DLC I suppose, saw a 18 GB update earlier today which I assume was for the added content among other things.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minor stuff.
    https://abload.de/img/grb2019-09-2619-56-15twktl.jpg
    Liberated the beer manufacturing plant, enemy morale falling like a brick!

https://abload.de/img/grb2019-09-2620-33-2237k79.jpg
    Tactical shooter...or you could just use a shotgun, tactical kersplutch!

https://abload.de/img/grb2019-09-2620-35-30f2kdx.jpg
    One of the wolves now a bit less epic than the intro made them seem.

https://abload.de/img/grb2019-09-2620-38-18rvjn4.jpg
    Magic beard of bullet blocking. (Or it could just be the plot glass of holding ... at least until the cutscene is over.)

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    not really , i DL the DLC for RAGE 2 but i couldn't access the missions like many others , but i do see the new island on the map

gj Bethesda

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Figures, suppose the patch also broke the existing tools and Cheat Engine tables at least temporarily so no forcing into the new area at least for screenshots such as via free camera then. Well that's going to need a hotfix if there's no other way to get it going which there probably isn't. (Playing the actual content wouldn't be bad either hah.)

Well Rage 2 is still on the backlog so I guess it will remain there for a while until at least that gets sorted out.

EDIT:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Open Beta.)

[​IMG]

Forest biome, I like the vegetation here.

[​IMG]

Infinity, tech zone and civilian center new to the open beta, feel a bit out of place here hah.

(Hello there network status bar, felt like being onscreen this time huh. Ha ha.)

EDIT: Code Vein, part God Eater and part Dark Souls.
    https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm

[​IMG]

And from this distance we can see that the font is indeed a "L" and nothing else.

[​IMG]

Random Sweden reference license plate for some reason.

[​IMG]

Funny how the blood alcohol (Or whatever.) has a much higher texture resolution than the other bottles.

[​IMG]

It's Sheer Manliness and his double holstered whiskey bottles.

[​IMG]

Background asset, looked kinda neat.

EDIT: Praise the ... pudding??
    [​IMG]

Gee this note looks a bit less blurry wonder if there's some other doodle on it ... no the texture artist was apparently just in dire need of food or sweets.

Finally some bone thing which also looks a bit more realistic in this odd mashup of Souls and God Eater and a realistic world of sorts and then these characters.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    BetA likes this.
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    RAGE 2

[​IMG]

14. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    Woven

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BetA likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Destiny2 Shadowkeep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BetA and JonasBeckman like this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Oh wow neon glowiness aside that chair or it's design looks almost exactly like the uncomfortable furniture from hell used in the school during the earlier years of childhood, aside from that pleasant memory though nice to see Destiny 2 and it's re-launch. :)

EDIT: Yeah I guess it's some universal thing indeed with slight differences to design or color.
    https://4.imimg.com/data4/IU/NE/MY-3667368/school-study-chair-500x500.png

The IKEA Butt-Hurt type of chair or something.
    (Well it was tougher one the back to be fair though.)

Well that's out of the system, someone over at Bungie knows about these things I'm sure.
    (Sure hope some poor QA tester isn't seated in one of these devices.)

EDIT: Hmm Bungie, should replay Marathon one day in the future at some point, Durandal and all that Aleph One and the way it works for these games.
    (ONI was quite something too and well I'm sure there's others before Halo and then Destiny.)

EDIT: So then actual screenshots well took some images from Breakpoint but the temporal anti-aliasing and resulting image ghosting and blur simply didn't hold up to any semblance of image quality and that's going to need to be re-attempted and see if that goes better.

EDIT:

Code Vein

[​IMG]
    Chocolate, charry flavored chocolate at that!

[​IMG]
    Pretty scenery and/or obvious boss arena.

The Division 2
    [​IMG]
    Tiger on strong painkillers!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    BetA and -Tj- like this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  18. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU: