1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Some Ass Creed, quality is not that great because I used the internal screenshot mode:

Just completed the first island, now off to Greece! I'm really liking the art direction and how the game looks overall, some better texture work would have been appreciated though, especially on ground textures and other elements like rocks, that are pretty much everywhere. The lack of tessellation makes it also worse.

The first mercenary I had to kill, as I was fighting him a quest giver did the dirty job for me, that was disappointing. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know about the 10-screenshots-per-post-rule but it's just one more.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Well they did just release the texture pack for Far Cry 5 (At almost 30 GB.) but this would have even more assets although it would be nice as a optional download. :)
    Landscape and some of the architecture could do with some higher-res textures definitively but overall the game looks really good and has a very impressive view distance and they do a pretty good job with LOD's and such too.

I am interested in seeing what they can once the Playstation 5 and XBox Two (Or whatever.) come out and that can be the new baseline of hardware, system requirements are going to shoot up but it'd be nice to see Anvil Next without some of the current constraints. :)
    (EDIT: Though the PC version already does a pretty good job showing off things like the improved water effects, anti-aliasing, view distance and such but it could be taken further still.)

Guess DX12 could help too but eh who knows when Ubisoft will start utilizing that more frequently.
    (Anvil and it's open world games could definitively benefit from it though.)

EDIT: Well 2020 is looking like it should be interesting, also looking like it's going to cost because it's finally time to upgrade. :D
    (Well it was time to upgrade already a while back but I was hoping pricing would improve, of course the opposite had to happen instead ha ha.)

sertopico likes this.
  3. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
  4. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Visage (Reshade)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.

5. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Total War Warhammer $18 CDN on Steam. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    [​IMG]

Hmm that's a curiously detailed face model, guessing he's going to be important.

Then again most of the more major characters have a additional layer of detail to their appearance.
    https://abload.de/img/aco523fsn.jpg

Though that guy above also got a special scene and cutscene lighting enhancing light and shadow styling even further so something's up. Guess I found the plot or something ha ha.
    Well the start at least, there's a lot more to go. (I am finally off this island! :p )

EDIT: Well isn't that a fancy looking temple.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Sweet! Nothing like a bit of thunder ha ha!

[​IMG]

EDIT: And it subsided.

[​IMG]

EDIT: And up the mountains just because. (Possible spoiler perhaps.)
    [​IMG]
    (EDIT: Well not a spoiler but something of a landmark and I found one of those ores for buying premium content.)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  9. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    VISAGE (Rishade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Susahamat likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Monster Hunter World

Time to send out the Kitty Kill-Squad again, boss needs new gear!
    [​IMG]

Boss also needs to lay off the food because the portions are kinda family sized. (Or perhaps they're fun sized. :D )
    [​IMG]

(And on a unrelated note Capcom is finally fixing the texture bug for streaming on PC, I'm using the workaround mod which helps for gear for you and the Palico combat-cat but it'll be nice to have it solved properly without using mods and it might cover other textures too.)
    (Also, dead rotting leaves make for poor decoration for food, just FYI. :p )

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Kingdom Come
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But it's a pretty disappointing HD texture pack.
    Most of the time you can't even tell the difference, there have been a few wood, or metal with rust textures that are really sharp.

But, otherwise, without a direct side/side comparison... it looks the same.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I thought it would be something like that, having the base textures scale around 1024 to 2048 pixels in resolution (width and height.) means it's hard to spot any notable differences because the existing texture is already plenty detailed and you would not usually stick right next to minor clutter items or world dressing such as the vegetation.

Even if the engine doesn't have the visual tech that some other Ubisoft game engines have in it the texture system in Far Cry 5 using photogrammetry was really impressive for the most part so going up to 4096 pixel texture size is likely to only have a smaller immediately visible difference but now the texture pack itself is closing on the games overall file size.

Fallout 4 faced the same issue with it's 58 GB texture pack but due to the varied quality of some of the 3d geometry and it's texture mapping or the textures itself some of the updated textures made for a really striking difference and others were barely noticeable. (And at that file size it's also on par with the game itself and DLC data or actually I think it might be bigger.)

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've never tried the Fallout 4 HD pack, figured it wasn't worth the download.
    FC5's I'm a little annoyed it just automatically downloaded instead of them releasing it and giving users the option.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just seems like some of the textures they "updated"... were a bit pointless. As there's other stuff they could've bumped visually instead.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

16. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Need For Speed Payback + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Cool screenshot @Anarion, but damn those textures are bad !

19. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    WWE Day of Reckoning - Dolphin GC (Reshade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Kingdom come

[​IMG]