1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ouch! lol
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 and JonasBeckman like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Gears of War 5

Time to wrap up the second act of the game and this ice does look kinda nice. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XenthorX and SameOldx2 like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Control
    [​IMG]

XenthorX, JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  4. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Gears 5.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Graphics are a real mixed bag

XenthorX and JonasBeckman like this.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah the graphics can really showcase the strengths of Unreal Engine 4 but many of the maps are built for performance and framerate utilizing what I at least assume is several tricks in terms of global illumination, shadows and lighting aiming for 60 FPS and I think the default would be 30 FPS in cutscenes though going by the audio desync (CPU limit here and other issues with a older system after all.) there's also several pre-rendered though higher-resolution videos with the game trying to seamless blend between the two, might even use video backdrops though with Easy Anti Cheat and also using the UWP/Win10store version (Though it now supports Win32) I can't easily check which is which though I suppose the lack of immediate video compression artifacts and such is nice compared to the earlier years of BIK and other lossy formats and lower resolution videos.

Act 2 in particular was pretty jarring though with PC this has been around since well for modern games and physically based lighting and shading we're probably looking at 2013-2014 as cutscenes use additional lights, effects and other details though higher poly and higher texture models goes back to PSX and high detail cutscenes go back earlier still.

Anyways you have this very flat lit area and the way the lighting and shadows work and then it transforms every time you transition into a smaller mission location in this hub and going by other screenshots there's at least one more of these later on.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is what it reminds me of and optimizations around the Siberian Depot and Thermal Valley areas and how the cutscenes can look absolutely amazing and the rest of the game while good is far more mixed though more so with the sequel Shadow of the Tomb Raider though some of the individual setpieces and locales can still be really impressive for when it's 100% gameplay mode and not a cutscene.

Still runs really well and still has some pretty impressive tech and further development of D3D12 although not perfect but hopefully NVIDIA's driver later today I think it was will resolve the driver side of this and then Coalition can patch the game and begin the monthly content rollout probably seeing further improvements and additions over time, MP focused I suppose but a photo mode would be neat although bug fixes, optimizations and other issues go first well generally at least.

Only issue here is the VRAM usage with ultra textures creeping up over time but it's stable (See that Breakpoint? Stability!) though a restart every few levels clears up the stutter that can happen during generally it's transitions and streaming though other users (If enabled.) also noticed issues with how the framerate limiter and resolution scaling / upscaling method worked but that can all be patched and newer drivers might improve things further too for AMD and NVIDIA.
    (CPU and RAM are holding things back too on my own system nothing new there heh.)

It's mostly visible on the main characters too from the comparisons I've been looking at but it's a nice improvement although terrain and especially various props can be pretty bad at times even for larger objects and not just some random can you zoomed in on with the sniper rifle or that sort of thing.

Probably hits a good framerate on consoles too I'm assuming at least and drawing on the newer UE4 builds and the additional hardware of the Pro and X models of the console systems for extra features for graphical fidelity plus HDR.
    (Which I heard is implemented really well here.)

Anyways time to see about clearing the third act and then maybe wrapping up Assassin's Creed Odyssey after the discovery tour drops in ~7 hours or so.
    (Breakpoint beta ended yesterday so nothing more from that for now.)

EDIT: Hmm and Greedfall also unlocked but that can be something for later.
    (Along with the rest of the Everything-comes-out-in-September schedule we're having now for new releases. Ha ha.)

EDIT: Gears of War 5

[​IMG]

So while Locust/Swarm grunt here is all "WHRRRR" everyone else in the COG were just...chilling.
    (Though I suppose that's the retro variant of the Lancer so no whirring.)

[​IMG]

More laboratory area, suddenly things alternate between Resident Evil and Silent Hill almost.

EDIT: Yeah Jack and whichever other AI you get depending on chapter do tend to wander into the camera but eh it's not too bad for the old trusty method of squeezing right into the wall and clipping out of the image hah.

EDIT: Chapter 3 and ... sand.

[​IMG]

A few weeks later...and that must have been some good pipe to still be hanging onto that old thing.

[​IMG]

And here's the gimmick drone trying to be right in the center when trying to take a screenshot again.
    (Kinda useful though but some areas might be oriented more for co-op and individual control rather than AI orders.)

[​IMG]

Of course there's going to be storms, sand wasn't bad enough on it's own already I guess.

EDIT: As if the armor design wasn't overbuilt or comical enough the thing has the mother of all wedgies for Kait here.

[​IMG]

EDIT:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]

Discovery mode and exploring Ubisoft's recreation of Ancient Greece.

[​IMG]

Tours, poses, unlockable characters and some behind the scenes.

[​IMG]

And some prior update apparently broke the wolf 3D mesh and one of the vertices got pulled bending part of it's facial structure, don't think I ever noticed that before.

But then again the wildlife for some reason looks like it's about one generation behind graphically.

[​IMG]

Optimization and picking and choosing what to focus on I suppose, not like any of this is seen that much in the main game with the massive knockdown and knockback wildlife has so you just pelt the fluffy fur thing with arrows until it stops moving, skin it 1x to 1000x times depending your level (It makes sense, somehow!) and move on the next thing of interest. :p

EDIT: Well I guess it's not the most unflattering image ever of Teddy here but yeah it has it's flaws.

And on a whole the game itself still looks pretty fancy.

[​IMG]
    (Particularly with some fiddling and the various extensive panning 21:9 or wider panoramic screenshots that exist from both this and Origins.)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  6. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Gears 5 with Freestyle. Ansel is somewhat useless. (no camera control).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The lighting is fantastic.

7. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Gears of War 5

Time to knock out the third act of the game...and out of VRAM error so maybe later. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leakage I guess, got a few hours into the game yesterday with just a increase in stuttering over time and here barely an hour before it kinda terminated but oh well it checkpointed fairly close to the location anyway ha ha.

EDIT: One more.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    SameOldx2 and XenthorX like this.
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Borderlands 3

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Origins - Discovery Tour

Back to Egypt for a quick session.

[​IMG]
    This reminds me, should check out Blasphemous when I have more time. (Well, less backlog really.)

[​IMG]
    Character models don't hold up quite the same as in Odyssey but the little touches and details and world building still does.

[​IMG]
    Zooming around the cities and checking out various details of what I recall from the main game.

[​IMG]
    And the outdoor areas.

[​IMG]
    Plus the few water traversal routes that also exist though Discovery Tour removes the turbo engine from these crafts.

[​IMG]
    :D (Well what else is there to say really, also the same expression when you use the sniper arrow ability and in photo mode the projectile looks like a giant ballista arrow instead of a normal one.)

[​IMG]
    Still the same ruins and other points of interest to see and explore.

[​IMG]
    ReShade and doing some brightening but yeah that's a pillar alright.

[​IMG]
    Ain't quite the dynamics of the Far Cry wildlife but yeah meow.

EDIT: Yeah the dudes crown looks like two dongers side by side but Sobek's a real pretty deity there.
    (Less so for his digital avatar incarnate though from the main game trials of getting some sweet loot!)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    SameOldx2 likes this.

11. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Gears 5, just finished this area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Note the invisible shooter in this one.
    [​IMG]

12. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Psychonauts (Reshade)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Pandora's Box

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
  14. Pandora's Box

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
  15. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Psychonauts (Reshade)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Control DX12, AMD RIS, so sharp :)

[​IMG]

17. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
  18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Borderlands 3

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Splodeo's? Nice to see Torque branching out ha ha.
    Bit Fallout aesthetics there with the screen and glow but I suppose it's just the retro tech Borderlands also mixes with the more sci-fi stuff, should replay them at some point before picking up the new one but the backlog is a priority for now hah.
    (And the other half of the September upcoming games.)

UE4's definitively showing it's improvements over UE3 and some patches should resolve the performance issues on PC and console plus make the D3D12 implementation a bit more robust from what I'm hearing so far.

EDIT: It does look a bit like a 90's gaming lair come to think of it though, monitor, "comfy" chair, cheap food, energy drinks of sorts and so on though it looks to be a bit more than a Gearbox employee re-creating their gaming setup too hah.
    (Plenty of references and easter eggs in the game though from what I'm reading.)

20. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700