1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Some more Witcher 3. Sure hard to get good shots with the glitchy graphics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman and serbicu like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Don't recall any graphical glitches although I know AMD's drivers has had some stutter or performance regressions that I don't believe were entirely resolved unsure if there was anything for NVIDIA although the game itself does use tech like cascade shadow mapping and the various LOD's for meshes and texture streaming and short distances for these which even with tweaks has limitations and mods might push the engine a bit more than it can handle since the game is a bit before quad cores and hexa cores really took off allowing various ways to aid D3D11's bottlenecks though the driver side for NVIDIA is likely helping a bit at least.

Been a few years though, should replay the trilogy at some point but first the current backlog has to be a priority. I'm probably forgetting minor things like cutscene oddities or pop-in for vegetation too for trying to take some better screenshots and I know the AI animations only have a very short persistence so free-camera usage is problematic before they start T-Pose glitching in various ways even if the rest of the game is paused via the command console and unlocker.

EDIT: At least the game is tweakable to some extent which is also something that seems to be changing and that even includes going the opposite direction and run the game on lower than supported hardware to some degree.

https://i.imgur.com/bvbL9nu.jpg - Example image.
    (Called anything from Potato to Ultra Low preset from a quick search.)

3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    never had any glitches, tho i've only ever played it on a 970. (and a few years back..)
    Might try it on the 2070s see if anything comes up :) The only "glitch" are the horrible dithered shadows that break at certain angles on distant normal camera shots, but thats just CDPR and their beloved dithering.. for some reason. My head hurts thinking about the annoyance its going to be in their next game next year.

4. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070

I mean things like this screenshot, note Geralt's hands and reins sunk into his armour.
    [​IMG]

This one he's floating. Note the feet. Even NPC's, animals, objects can be floaty or half sunk.
    [​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Ah that and the ever present problem with collision detection and animations yeah it can be really frustrating taking a otherwise good screenshot and then clipping or bounding boxes show up on a closer inspection.
    Other than perhaps fighting games (And there are some serious exceptions here too.) I think one of the only games that seriously impressed me in regards to animations and hitboxes is the first Dark Souls which from my understanding the developers would fine tune the animations, collision detection and hit boxes by hand though it's not perfect but for the games age it pulls it off far better than many other newer games do.

Inverse Kinematics and other animation helpers can also glitch which for Witcher 3 led to a whole series of videos though mainly focused on Roach when the IK would correct to various surfaces leading to rapid mountain descents and workout sessions and more. Got to where even CD Project made a little trailer for that.

Uneven props and as simpler box for the physical area you are walking over is also very common like that bridge there, uneven and crude with some repair work but I imagine the box is a simple square somewhat raised above so it look like the player is hovering over if you pay attention, not as bad as clipping through or falling into the terrain or off into the void area (Hopefully getting reset without being forced to load the game.) but yeah it can affect screenshot quality when these details stand out more.

Hmm I guess that's also one reason why the characters walk with the arms very far out from the body as to try and mitigate clipping with a majority of the heavier armor suits too but for riding it puts the hands closer and that squishes it together a bit balancing looking like Geralt is actually using the reigns at all but with more noticeable clipping.

World itself has a ton of smaller subtler details from how the vegetation is growing to erosion and natural man-made structures and details but even this attention to detail throughout the game needed some trade-offs although from memory they spent a fair amount of time doing numerous adjustments and corrections during the major cutscenes and conversations the game features by hand editing the animations more carefully though depending on armor set and other equipment it doesn't quite eliminate it plus with the amount of dialogue and minor quests and numerous characters the focus from what I recall was mainly on the important scenes and major characters.

Not as bad as some other games at least where you can tell who the main character is because it's the one with actual facial features like skin differences such as pores or a higher resolution texture map and more correct mouth or lip animation instead of up and down movement only. :D
    (Doesn't really do much for general gameplay though, extreme animations or walking with arms and legs wide would also look kinda silly.)

Maybe something that can eventually be a focus for lesser but still important visual touches such as proper actually physical behavior and animations for cloth, hair, animations and what not but yeah it can be a pretty noticeable issue alright especially when doing a still image where it stands out far more than when everything is in motion and focus is on something in the game itself happening.

EDIT: So yeah agreed on it being problematic although it's a trade-off and balance but eventually I would like to see it improved on but for now it's post-processing effects and various other visual tech that is the priority and focused on.
    (But the disparity between older animation methods and state of the art visuals elsewhere will force it eventually at least for larger studios where cost is less of a hindrance though time will still be a thing.)

EDIT: The Division 2

[​IMG]

Props to whoever wrote these though the person probably needs a vacation with how aggressive a few of them are. :D

[​IMG]

Well it's not Kebap at least, who knew a thin sliced piece of meat with some strong spice on it could have so many name variances ha ha.

EDIT: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]

Hopefully the armor won't inhibit swimming too badly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  6. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    A Plague Tale Innocence

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Tj-, SameOldx2 and pedropaulo like this.
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    No Man's Sky

[​IMG]

SameOldx2 likes this.
  8. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are from the same planet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    It's RAGE 2. Recommended!

Btw if I ever created an FPS game I would call it the Nameless Shooter for sure!

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Ion Fury

[​IMG]
    (They may also look a bit different compared to 22 years ago...think Duke3D was a '97 going up against Quake as the big new thing.)

[​IMG]
    Somewhat reminds me of one of Bungie's games before Green Man in-a-Can and Halo became the big thing, ONI. (Myth was quite a thing too not that I could ever win in them.)

[​IMG]
    Lots off little messages and lots of little interactive objects, lots of hitscan enemies too!

[​IMG]
    Caco Taco.

[​IMG]
    Gibbed Defense Force? (Think it's Global or something, beats the Earth ones who just sing about soup all the time..)

[​IMG]
    And this is when I noticed I forgot to turn off the crosshair...

Not bad, figures a 1990's era FPS would be the ONE SINGLE GAME to get a shotgun working reasonably proper.
    (Also everything is hitscan but eh it's serviceable as the AI tends to get stuck on everything so survival is still quite high and you can even save the game manually at will imagine that! :p )

EDIT: Well there's been a few others righting the wrongs of the 5m distance buckshot I suppose of video game shotgun rules. :D

EDIT: Tetris reference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.

11. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    Rage 2

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  12. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  13. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 6950/70
    Just recently upgraded from a FX-8350 to a Ryzen 9 3900x, and wow! What a difference!

FX-8350
    [​IMG]

3900x
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Fully finished CHAOS;CHILD today. That was nice ride - 78 hours.
    [​IMG]
    (Farily sure that two achievements are bugged in my case, maybe thanks to a crash but what ever.)

SameOldx2 likes this.
  15. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700

16. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Singularity

[​IMG]

-Tj- and SameOldx2 like this.
  17. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 is a free trial on Steam this weekend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Picked up the first Battlefleet but it's still in the backlog, looks impressive though.

And a quick stop in Bolivia with Wildands to see if it's possible to snag some of those Breakpoint upgrades.

Not much has changed in Year2 it seems but some neat additions like a proper photo mode outside of the Ghost War focus and some polish via patches.

Back to Bolivia.
    [​IMG]
    (As always the map is real big sized so helicopter or nothing!)

Hang with the cartel.
    [​IMG]
    (So how exactly did Bolivia's united dad - UniDAD - front ever lose to these doods heh.)

And test how much that cohone talk is really worth. (Not much as it seems!)
    [​IMG]
    (Face of absolutely-not-amused too!)

EDIT: Then again the game is secretly Hotshots so..
    [​IMG]
    (Or Terminator if you activate Tier-1 mode which might as well be called T800 mode but with the player on the receiving end. :p )

EDIT: Suppose there never was much hope for the rebel forces though, more interested in smoking the produce than anything else and they kinda...stand out.

[​IMG]
    (Yeah yeah gameplay segmentation to avoid friendly fire.)

And here's UniDAD in all their splendor.
    [​IMG]
    Guess football armors in season. (Eh could be biker gear too I suppose.)

So that's how this looks like when you're not just throwing a few explosives over the minigun stand to take her out.
    [​IMG]

Never noticed their little photo before either.
    [​IMG]

More Unidad.
    [​IMG]
    (Rifledad here apparently prefers to one hand his rifle.)

EDIT: Oh that's why some of these look a bit more off, every time the photo mode is opened it defaults to 10% grain 30% vignette...whoops.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  19. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
  20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Oh boy, FaceApp is kinda scary. Checked how it would mangle my Black Dessert Online ranger.

Original:
    [​IMG]

Gotta admit, doesn't look too bad.
    [​IMG]

Well, well... Interesting.
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 and JonasBeckman like this.