1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just starting up, figured it would be fun to replay this. :)

EDIT: Which yeah the intro mission and prologue and a quick story mission seeing how it runs and getting used to the controls and all that again, liking the reactivity same as before and the city and surrounding landscape is really fun to explore.

EDIT: Hmm Witcher 3 still holding up really nicely though I'd get stuck trying to mod the game just a little bit further if I was ever to replay it and Destiny 2 now outside of Activisions publishing control, will be interesting to see what Bungie can do for the game without their involvement.

Well time to see about San Francisco and then getting back to Dead Island Definitive perhaps after the break ha.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  2. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3 with mods, vanilla lighting, and no Reshade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragam1337 and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    D2F

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SameOldx2 and JonasBeckman like this.
  4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]
    (Trying to get some mix of more interior shots of the games various locations too.)

[​IMG]
    (Modded with some extras which also gives a slight tint to the games visuals. https://www.nexusmods.com/watchdogs2/mods/3 )

[​IMG]
    (You'll see this a lot if you're using the phone for screenshot purposes. NPC reactivity everywhere.)

[​IMG]
    (Visuals are still holding up pretty nicely.)

[​IMG]
    (I think she's trying to tell me to take the phone and .. shove it.)

[​IMG]

Try and get a few captures and immediately some of the NPC's will go into this mode where they all react and jump in front and start posing or just get angry, not the easiest to work with although it is neat that they do react at all.

EDIT: The woods, weird place with nothing really ever taking place in this area but there's a lot of props and objects around for what seems like some sort of horror sub-quest though I have no idea what it might have been for.

https://abload.de/img/wd2_07yhk7t.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/wd2_08tnj5q.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/wd2_09xdj1b.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/wd2_10w1jfj.jpg

And then there's all the various street art and much more to see and discover.

https://abload.de/img/wd2_12pijo7.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/wd2_13ipjwr.jpg

(Should replay Dying Light one of these days too ha ha, it also had a lot of interesting little touches and it was a real fun game too on top of it's screenshot potential.)

But that's enough for now, plenty to see and a lot of stuff to do in Ubisoft's little rendition of San Francisco here.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Fate of Atlantis - Chapter 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gee I wonder how Alexios (Or Kassandra.) is going to handle this, going with how Atlantis sunk according to various myths and legends...probably not entirely perfectly.

EDIT: You alright there Spot?

[​IMG]

Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mean ol' mama Auntie Su and her boys will be the plot of Chinatown but that's for later (I can't remember whether Marcus ever actually got to meet Mama though although going by the Mama of Sleeping Dogs it was probably for the better ha ha.) anyway so from that and here's some Navy Seals instead. :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  6. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3 with mods, including the Novigrad mod, vanilla lighting, and no reshade. Still using Halk Hogans 5.1 mod as the recent update to it is a bit of a mess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3. The draw distance can really suck at times.
    Vanilla Ultra. No mods.
    [​IMG]

Vanilla graphics and UGOM mod. Edited config files yield the same results, so equivalent to no mods also.

[​IMG]

Maxed with mods. 2080ti territory, not my 1070.

[​IMG]

8. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    One of the reasons why I didn't play this game for the past 3+ years. The pop-in AND popout were annoying and was everywhere. This is my first encounter with it now, guess there has been some improvement since.

Note the low res building in the middle of this screenshot.
    [​IMG]

As I move around the detail pops in and out.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  9. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Yeah, you cannot do much about that, there was a mod which changed the mesh quality of distant objects but the project has been abandoned as far as I remember. Too much work.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    From memory every mesh has the LOD value written into it so that's why the mods for actors and such weren't too complex but the props and then Blood and Wine and Heart of Stone only saw partial completion, not entirely sure how it worked again but it'd be a pretty massive undertaking similar to the HD Rework mod though character models should be final allowing for less pop-in between the 0, 1 and 2 stages or how to call them with the main characters also having a high-quality cinematic quality for up close cutscenes.

Novigrad and others are going to run into performance and stability issues as well by adjusting the LOD value, ini tweaks can help a bit though forcing the level of detail via mesh editing is the only way to really expand this and minimize pop-in but similar to e.g Fallout 4 you'll hit CPU and GPU limitations and engine bottlenecks depending on how much you modify.

Nice to see Witcher 3 again, one day perhaps but even with the fairly simple script tools provided officially the community made some nice progress so it'd be a bit less extensive than Bethesda and modding for those games but still a lot of picking through and comparing anything and everything. Lighting mods alone have a dozen or so choices even if many totally change the time of day and ignore the vanilla morning to evening progression and tonemapping although I did tone down the 100% yellow look of Blood and Wine way back when since I felt it to be too excessive.

EDIT: Screenshots...well I did wrap up Fate of Atlantis so Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

[​IMG]

It's pretty but once you're done it's also really empty with few side quests and characters.
    (And I managed to avoided the dreaded dither and transparency camera "helper" heh.)

[​IMG]

I like this one, not 100% but it reminded me of the pre-release seashore effect and trailer which in the final game turned out to be a pre-recorded video.
    (Compression artifacts and such, kinda noticeable.)

One more Greek tale and the tourist or exploration mode maybe this time with less seashell coverage on stuff ha ha!

EDIT:

Nitpick

The branch there could do with some polygons and texture work though.

End ultra nitpick.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I can't post any screens for what I've been playing for the past couple of weeks.
    Not allowed.

But... I've also been running through this, so...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skinner and SameOldx2 like this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I find that this mod more or less entirely eliminates this issue :

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3193

I use it together with HD reworked 10, and it works pretty good, with only a very small performance hit (minor bugs with a very few buildings disapearing in the very far distance, rather than becoming low quality). It doesn't touch foilage LOD distance, which is the really big performance killer.

[​IMG]

SameOldx2 likes this.
  13. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Total War: Three Kingdoms

With temporal AA and sharpening option, (ingame) campaign map looks beautiful!
    Also battles with more effects than before.
    This video shows how beautiful campaign map is!
    And this in enige trailer with that music is great! Playing as Liu Bei because of that trailer.
    Finaly game based on characters / familly / generals and so much improved AI! Diplomacy is fantastic!

And on 21:9 monitor it is great experience.
    Best TW to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  14. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Super Mario 3D World (Cemu, Reshade)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman and SameOldx2 like this.
  15. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I'm using that mod also.

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3 with mods and vanilla lighting including the Skellige 4k terrain mod. Used Ansel for these shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

twonha, JonasBeckman and Dragam1337 like this.
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The Division 2
    Manning Zoo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad other than the boss at the end and the constant ads, fun little place to explore.
    Next up the university of exploration and RNG.

[​IMG]

(Since you can only take one of the total available paths per week and it looks like there's room for more routes later on.)

EDIT: Bit of a break and the other area is up next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  18. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3 more Skellige. It's lightly snowing in the first one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is The Witcher 2 taken in 2012.

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    The Witcher 3 last batch of Skellige.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

JonasBeckman, twonha and serbicu like this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Tom Clancy's Ubisoft's Ghost Recon The Division 2 Year 1
    *Phew*

Expeditions
    White Oak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice place, fun mission too although the actual plot was pretty weak.

And some misc stuff, first up some kids drawings sitting on a wall.
    https://abload.de/img/thedivision22019-07-2hqkv0.jpg

Found in the aquarium, was looking for the real treasure but found some other stuff.

Secondly one of the attachment collectibles for bag accessories because that's a thing.
    https://abload.de/img/thedivision22019-07-25ck42.jpg

And this other place down some tunnels, found the treasure too since the real reward is having these cosmetic only attachments dangling near your agents ass as a sign of .... sigh, it's a pizza cat what can I say but eh it's a thing. :D
    (Odd as that is on a trained agent of whatever I'm doing here in D.C that's nothing compared to the summer fashion event though. Someone took a bit too much of a look on the competing games I guess and tried fitting it to this title ha ha.)

EDIT: Also clipping but that's unavoidable when you're sitting behind a big object and sending drones everywhere since everything else is a tank.

But I'm sure Pepemeowroni here doesn't mind too much.

Well it was that or Salamieow and this sounded better. Barely.
    (The cat motifs on these missions were a bit weird but eh I'm sure there's a reason for it.)

EDIT: So overall the zoo was pretty fun and white oaks here was really entertaining as well and then the two additional missions while short giving something to do plus the new expeditions though the time gating on a weekly basis is something I hope they eventually revise.
    (Been waiting for that same thing for the invasion mechanic in the base game though so perhaps that's not going to happen.)

Visually the Snowdrop engine is doing a good job too, White Oak in particular must be pretty nifty with HDR and depending on the time of day with the interaction of light and shadow and the new environment of a forested setting even if it's not as open as the main game districts. Will be interesting to see what else Massive has planned in terms of actual content for the game pushing into year two. :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019