1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    you can remove that logo btw :p

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    The Division 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wintermut3 and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Oh I thought it was watermarked, good to know for future reference.
    For now though I think it's time to call it quits, lots of players so it frequently disconnects and that's probably what tomorrows early maintenance will seek to improve in addition to enabling end-game.
    (Probably seeing a higher influx of players interested in that.)

EDIT: Well less than the alpha at least, though they had a block on media for that whereas for this there's full streams and all kinds of things posted already.

EDIT: Yep, get kicked and the queue is already around 600 waiting players probably also bouncing back and forth as the server decides who gets to stay. :p
    (Waiting list is going pretty quickly at least unlike the sessions for the first game, that's a plus.)

As for the game overall I like the far more dynamic feeling instead of these little hotspot zones of collectibles and treasure and spawn areas for encounters, feels more organic and realistic having it spread out but with plenty of secrets for players to uncover if they are thorough, bit early to say much about the rest of the game and it is still a beta but fairly positive overall really.

EDIT: Ah I think I see what's happening, it's when you jump around the beta border a few times that you "somehow" get kicked, maybe. Probably.

EDIT:
    The Division 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would be neat to explore further in but for now it's poking around with the camera drone just a little bit over the edge of the beta map border. First two are from the Dark Zone or the one available in the beta at least and the third is from right at the edge of the playable area in between some higher level zones though you can't get that far into these. :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Not completely why, but Division 2 doesn't appeal to me visually as much as the first game did.
    Maybe the winter/holiday theme strewn about a desolate setting caught my eye more. But... D2 just looks... kind of... stock and standard.

Oh well.

For me...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Felt it was time to return to this fantastic series.

JonasBeckman and Undying like this.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Brighter lighting and less moody with the snowy New York setting and it's signpost lights and other ambience although I find it to be a good looking game but the colors and setting are less muted and it's these warmer brighter colors almost overly so where it can nearly look cartoonish instead although I hear HDR is working incredibly well for the game.

ReShade might help setting up some effects like LightRoom and a what's it called a little texture map for adjusting some of the color highs and lows so you can fine tune it a bit more. Online game and players everywhere so depth buffer and no whitelisting beyond 3.4.1 so none of the improvements from 4.0 and higher. (4.1.1 for the moment as the latest version.)

Overall I like the visuals and graphical quality but I miss some of the ambience and atmosphere from the first game even if this has fancier shaders and other effects.
    (I didn't use the GameWorks effects for Division 1 when I replayed it but the better shadows and ambient occlusion will likely be missed too for those who did use them.)

EDIT: For the Dark Zone or this one at least they also have a slightly yellow (Well slightly...) tinted look which extends somewhat beyond so when overlooking Capitol Hill here I think it is that somewhat bleeds in even when I'm not in the zone proper as you can see the walls to the side of it.

EDIT: KX11's images above do show a slightly cooler / colder look for the Washington streets I do like that a bit more than when the sun is directly on top and you get this yellow or orange look to the game.

And Evil Within is a fantastic game although it's a bit divisive but I personally liked the first one more than the sequel but it was a fine game too.

EDIT: Pictures..

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

[​IMG]
    Found a world boss took him out and got a M1928 from the effort, then the weather changed to overcast and while rain and thunder can be spectacular this is gray and brown and not very pretty looking at all, oops.

EDIT:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golden fields indeed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  7. Wintermut3

Wintermut3 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
    Alan Wake + Reshade
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  8. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Resident Evil 2 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Resident Evil 2 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Kingdom Come with some medieval glow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider and just messing with the photo mode :D

[​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 4GB Windforce
    likewise i currently have Knight installed only to see what kind of photo mode shots I can grab before the announcement of the next Bats game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as much as i have issues with Knight i will give it its due and say that it can at times looks pretty amazing esp when nvidia smoke is enabled to, not bad for an almost four year old game

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  13. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    EASTSHADE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SameOldx2 and BlackZero like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Tom Clancy's The Division

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Hmm well they're alright I suppose but it could be better, TAA does a good job in lieu of proper downsampling such as when I used a 1.5x res scaling option earlier but I tried keeping a higher framerate here for gameplay purposes more than anything but I wanted a few snaps too while I was jumping back into this after Division 2

It still holds up really well. Character models are a bit dated but the environments are still really good.

There were more screenshots initially but looking down the street during sunset gets a bit samey so I filtered it down a bit for once. :D

And for these I retained 2560x1440 instead of 1920x1080 but I see Abload is still fairly slow at loading them even if file size is better than in some other games almost pushing 4 MB per image without reducing it to 1920x1080 first.

As for tech SpecialK and hiding the UI and then sniper rifle and scope basically, thus the zoomed in lower FOV look which at least it's a 4x ACOG thingie and not a 8x long-distance scope ha ha.

PCSS+ and HBAO+ are off using the games own methods for soft shadows and ambient occlusion, HBAO isn't bad or anything and PCSS well HFTS resolved the immediate shadow resolution quality drop but is NVIDIA GPU's only. (And a higher performance hit.)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Dragam1337 and _rock_ like this.
  15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Metro Exodus

Has a photo mode and it's not Ansel so let's see what it can do.

First however fix the framerate, advanced physx or hairworks it's probably one of those that results in single-digit amazing experiences with motion blur.
    https://abload.de/img/me_0126k11.jpg

But it only happens in some areas so I need to narrow down which of the two it is and then I got a few other images out of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 1.0.0.0
    https://abload.de/img/me_074yja7.jpg

Should be 1.0.1.0 if it had the day-1 update I believe so that's interfering somewhat, also no photo mode during action sequences. At least QTE's are configurable.

EDIT: Probably going to put this on hold then until that's confirmed or just wait for more patches due to how finicky the game is stability wise.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/metro-exodus.415113/page-57#post-5639739

EDIT: So far it does look quite close to Last Light but character models and the outside areas should hopefully showcase the new enhancements in the 4A engine more thoroughly rather than D00d is lost in a sewer and plays with the framerate while the game is deciding whether to crash or not. :p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    WhiteLightning likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Crack Down 3

Quack quack yeah it's the intro but I kinda liked it.
    https://abload.de/img/crack3_01jmjeo.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well then, time to kick ass and chew balls...wait that doesn't sound quite right.
    (But it is apparently how you power up, well they call them orbs in-game. Energy orbs, energy balls. Regardless the agent here does seem to be in dire need to grow a pair...of extra levels.)

EDIT: Also it's UE4 so it's in a different folder but the usual tweaks apply. :)
    Extensive set of in-game options too.

EDIT: No clouds in the single player campaign either so no fancy bricks-in-glass houses destruction.

EDIT: Oh sweet the one open world game with toilets, was this place supposed to be a dystopia because in comparison it kinda looks like a utopia.

EDIT: And there's the sun at last. Sure the character model is taking up a bit of the view but until I level up more via energy pills are definitively not drugs (honest.) then he'll not obscure the entire camera view just yet.

EDIT: Hmm don't want too many posts in a row so.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Yet another day, yet another ore.
    (Of course it had to be the sink five ships of X faction one!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: And Far Cry New Dawn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (NO U!)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  17. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    For one second I thought: how the hell is he playing Cyberpunk 2077 already? :D

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Ah if only, I really look forward to what CD Project can bring especially after Witcher 3 delivered one of my favorite experiences of 2015 hah it's been almost four years already come to think of it. Well good games take time and it was early in production when they decided to release it. Here's hoping for something for 2020 perhaps targeting PC, XBO, PS4 and the next-gen consoles I'm expecting too if that's the release plan.

The aesthetics of the game in question that is Crackdown 3 is really nice though, I think the black levels might be a tad off or it could just be how it looks but some tuning might be possible. UWP so I can't quite get into the game itself for things like ReShade but I can access the config files at least.

Which I'm so used to tweaking stuff as a standard I rarely think much of it but as to not forget it the config files are here:
    C:\Users\USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.48248D2C77101_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Nimbus\Saved\Config\UWP

And it's the usual with scalability.ini and gameusersettings.cfg though the port is for all intents and purposes really well done, using UE4 4.13 as well for what I'm getting from the log and config files and such but having a very broad in-game set of options up to and including async compute support even. Runs really well although a render scale of 150% or 2560x1440 to 3840x2160 there's some mild hitching and yeah the game looks a few years old but has also been in development for quite a few years and changed the art style itself once or twice. Reminds me of Saints Row 3 or 4 I might have liked Saints Row 2 the best but I really enjoyed the others too and well PC port and Saints Row 2 is very, very problematic due to what happened with it being outsourced and all and all kinds of tech issues. :D

Well less techy, more ducky!

Quack quack!
    [​IMG]
    (The black levels could be off or they could just be really really dark and using a stylistic shading or setting for shadows or something. Might be possible to adjust a tad.)

And Far Cry 5 New Dawn doesn't like me adding custom settings like I did with Far Cry 5 and keeps removing them, was hoping it'd be the same for LOD Scale and such but no luck yet unfortunately though well it still looks good.
    Still have to go through Resi2Remake as well and I see Metro Exodus is still not updated so it's probably on hold although I heard it works better after this initial section with some bugs here and there so maybe just force through it. Later ha ha!

EDIT: And yeah going in-game and toggling the UI and just playing the game so that's why some images have more quick snaps than anything, might be some hotkey but I don't believe the game has a dedicated photo mode.
    (UI scale and position can be adjusted though, I like the smaller scale here though it still takes up screen space.)

And some random musings on the next-gen of consoles just put it in a tag for focusing on the actual screenshots here.
    EDIT: The next console hardware generation should help push things forward a bit, it's not exactly at a standstill but we're still not doing much of a push since 2013 - 2014 though some smaller (Or eventually maybe not quite as small.) tech advancements and new features are utilized particularly for the PC version.

Discard the E3 trailer from 2013 and take Division from 2014 to 2016 and yeah it still competes visually, some extra polygons and shading on character models aside. Granted art style and atmosphere is also still really important.

Design too, Witcher 3 has a excellent open world design even if players are not entirely likely to go explore how the grass and trees and positioned or erosion and wear and tear on the terrain and human construction elements ha ha.

Going to be fun to see what new hardware can do, ain't that right wallet. :D
    (Yeah it's going to need some upgrades for sure well I'm already CPU limited and holding performance back by up to 20% maybe a bit more depending on situation since RAM is also a key point especially for some newer games both in amount and speed.)

EDIT: Hardware familiarity is a thing too, maybe not quite the same extent as the PSX and earlier early-gen to late-gen games and evolving and experience with what the hardware can take but still a important factor.

19. Wintermut3

Wintermut3 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 580 8GB
    Alien Isolation
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Susahamat and Undying like this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Far Cry New Dawn

Scouts honor huh.
    [​IMG]

Oh deer. (Ya really.)
    [​IMG]

Doggy. Play dead.
    [​IMG]

Ambient bird for "You haven't picked this plant yet, see! see? see!? Unpicked plant here! Over here! HEEERE!" (Yes game I think I get it along with the blinking outline. And then the game flips the bird for good measure too.)
    [​IMG]

Wonder if there's any cheeseburgers here. (That's a Far Cry 5 reference to Cheeseburger the big bear tank of fur and teeth and claws. And zero stealth.)
    [​IMG]

Moonlight takedown.
    [​IMG]
    (It came full stop, when the neck went pop! ♫ ) (Ahh chiropractor puns, can't think of anything on short notice. Eh 1/5 stars. :p .)

More takedowns, have little to say about these. Need better clothes! (Fashion Cry! Err maybe? Well there's probably some weird and strange unlocks later on.)
    [​IMG]
    (These guys even leak pink color, great! That's never going to wash out I guess.)

Oh look it's a badger.
    [​IMG]

Oh perk point, BUT SO NOT WORTH IT! (But at least it's just a video game...Aww look at the cute little badger now 100% more castration. Thanks Ubisoft that's just what these animals were always lacking.)
    [​IMG]
    (What a dick, yes really. More lame puns!)

And some ambient activities it seems and scripted encounters.
    [​IMG]

Nothing uncommon, frag out!