1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Escape from Tarkov

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wintermut3, Alien C.o and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
    mwll

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    [​IMG]

Hmm not too bad, another week another challenge so yay more 100% cosmetic only ship paint and a sail with some logo on it that isn't really too important since everyone already hates Misthios and his (or her for Kassandra players.) singing ship. :p
    (NOT THE LEONIDAS SONG AGAIN!!)

Just more text.
    Eh still plenty of "?'s" to uncover but hopefully the next bit of content comes out sooner rather than later, not too much else going on cleaning up GTA V from the backlog but it's a bit slow for now.
    (Who's the arse that a captcha on the client launcher somewhere in the last four or so years anyway, did they really need to top the annoyance that was XBox Games for Windows LIVE and GTA IV and the lengths people used to get around that? Seems so.)

Still plays alright once you actually brute force through the DRM scheme straight from the dark ages of the 1980's and code discs and in-game puzzle copy-right schemes.

But it's aged quite a bit too, will be interesting to see how it goes though I might slap on some mods later on and see what that might do.
    (Terrible terrible damage? :p )

EDIT: Hmm another Lost Tale, neat though it was pretty short this time.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

[​IMG]

EDIT: And GTA V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 years later and barely even getting started, wee!

EDIT: GTA V again.

A while later and exploring some dudes house...

https://abload.de/img/gtav01fdjrl.jpg

Yeah I can see that. :p

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Alien C.o likes this.
  4. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
    more mwll

Been really enjoying this, here's a mini review at about 40-60hrs of play:

*Devs nailed the mech movement and overall feeling of the game (feels good to shoot, kill, die, win, lose, work together, lose together)

*Cry engine can still pack a punch and offers some quite beautiful effects (tho even on quite strong PC's, some maps can struggle with fps, but since it isn't exactly a twitch shooter the fps count is not as huge issue as in other mp, fps games)

*Sound design can pack quite a punch! (tho there are a few sound bugs still)

*Community is is quite small, but we got new pilots almost daily and regulars are commited and almost always helpful.

*Mech, vehicle, vtol, plane variety is very good, bunch of hardware to pick from, plus the battlearmor is fun as hell to be annoying in. (it will take about a week or two to find all the variants/loadouts you like to use the most)

*There is no custom loadouts/outfitting (personally never missed it yet since there are 8 variants per mech/vehicle, but I can see that it would be fun to pick your own weapons and electronics)

*Overall map variety is large! (sure some need more work/balancing/optimization and some are flatout bad, but there are lot's of good and even excellet maps to play)

It's going to be the sixth mp, pvp game in my life that I'm going to sink many hours in. Hope to see any lurker or poster here at least try it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I pretty much took care of everything Ubisoft wanted me to buy.

[​IMG]

The grind in this game is ridiculous and incredibly tedious. Not worth the time.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Played for about 40 hours and haven't found it grindy at all. What do you need all that for anyway? I think with how big the game is theres plenty of time to level up what you want while playing

ShadowDuke likes this.
  7. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Is this joke? Of course there is plenty of TIME to level up. What the hell?

I'm not gonna grind away for hours gathering crafting materials and coins. It's tedious, boring, and repetitive. I installed a mod for The Witcher 3 so I don't have to repair my weapons, installed the fast travel from anywhere mod, and installed a mod for extra XP and money. Yeah, I made the game so it's not like as if I decided to left click on the desktop over and over for 8 hours straight.

I fell asleep playing Skyrim.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Should see Odyssey, after the first level cap increase I'd estimate you have enough resources there to upgrade the weapon maybe once or twice. You do get more resources as well plus it scales with difficulty but that's a lot of resource grinding.
    (Yeah just wrap 1000 some twigs and wrapped animal skins around your gear, it'll strengthen it!)

For Origins the crystals and the upgrades for your main gear also gets really grindy for the DLC expanding with two additional levels (Bit more for the carrying cap upgrades as I recall.) think it even introduced a new resource for the top end upgrade.

EDIT: I don't think it scales with how many levels you are upgrading a item from though but that also means a level 69 to 70 item is still quite costly so upgrading every four or five levels for legendary or rare items you need is more economical even if it means damage and defense drops below the curve and with level scaling you'll be taking quite a beating if you are not geared up to match.

At least enemies aren't quite as tanky as in Division as a example of a title I re-played recently, for that last round of clearing out the map just dropping from Tier5 to Tier2 and wiping the floor with the former everything-is-a-tank enemy design felt great for how much work was put into getting these items.
    (Not as bad nowadays thankfully after patches but still about a week or so to get it all done.)

Not entirely comparable with Origins and Odyssey leaning into RPG mechanics and grinding has been a thing since the second game but slowly increased and I still find it funny just how much bits the protagonist is wrapping around his gear to get it upgraded.
    (Thousands of iron ore, glass fragments, tree bits and animal skins.)

EDIT:

Grand Theft Auto V

[​IMG]

Few years old by now even for the PC/XBO/PS4 ("next-gen") version of 2014-2015 perhaps? Was waiting for them to stop patching the game up and for things to be improved but it kinda slipped as other titles got priority and it seems it still receives updates but far less frequently and primarily for some GTA V Online related content and fixes.

So time to wrap this up at last.

I do like the various street art and such from games like Division, Dying Light and Watch_Dogs though it's not always easy to get a capture of it.

Tinkering with the shaders via SpecialK can be fun too but I mostly use it as a HUD toggle though occasionally some other effects can be achieved, Watch_Dogs 2 to use a earlier example I got some better results from.

https://i.imgur.com/gNGPsEg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zG8txrK.jpg

Tonemapper and fog, gave good results although for GTAV I'm so far just sticking to ReShade and nothing too complex beyond a simple SMAA shader.

Or Wildlands and the drone for free camera and trying to find the UI for that.

https://i.imgur.com/3JThAbX.jpg

Course it has a photo mode now so it's less cumbersome. :D Nice to see that though, less restrictions on some of them wouldn't hurt either but that's where third party tools can bring a real advantage.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Not too bad, holding up pretty well for a 2013 game with some tweaks for the 2015 version though gameplay wise and story I preferred GTA 4 better thus far but it's not over yet.

EDIT: And done, eh not too terrible but not too good either although it had it's moments.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    _rock_ likes this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Tomb Raider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BlackZero, sertopico and JonasBeckman like this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Resident Evil 2

[​IMG]

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  12. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    This.

13. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
  14. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Resident Evil 2 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wintermut3 likes this.
  15. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    True Tales of Bloodstreet 13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Resident Evil 2 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wintermut3 likes this.
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    The Division 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Division 2 Beta
    (ReShade 3.4.1 for SMAA and using a few ini edits, mainly 1.5x or 150% res scaling from 2560x1440 to 3840x2160)

Mostly sticking near the beta border and driving the photo mode drone through it just a little bit to see what's beyond.

Underground passageways, tons of loot in these areas it seems.
    [​IMG]
    Though the room with said loot is glitching heavily for whatever reason. https://abload.de/img/thedivision22019-02-0hijr2.jpg

Near the start of the game and exploring it more thoroughly. (Well the start of the beta at least.)
    [​IMG]
    There's a mission here but it's outside of the beta border and the enemies are too high level to potshot. For now. https://abload.de/img/thedivision22019-02-0ttkv7.jpg

And some scenery in-between random roaming enemies disrupting the photo session (Asses!)
    [​IMG]
    Can't explore further though or the game will respawn you, if the container is rocking don't go knocking. Guess I won't ha ha!. https://abload.de/img/thedivision22019-02-0yoktc.jpg

For ini tweaking?

["num spot shadows"] = 4,
    ["spot shadow resolution"] = 4,

Instead of

["num spot shadows"] = 3,
    ["spot shadow resolution"] = 3,

Proved to be valid, increasing the other settings reset them back to the default highest already available in-game.

Res scaling?

["view scale"] = 1.5,

Instead of
    ["view scale"] = 1.0,

Might be why it's glitching a bit in that one area, needs more testing. (FPS hit definitively confirms a effect! Hah.)

EDIT: Oh sweet managed to get into the den, take that 3 second forced respawn timer aha!
    [​IMG]
    I remember seeing something similar to that deer in Witcher 3...they used a unicorn in that game though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019