1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #28 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Hidden Blade Ep.2
    [​IMG]
    Here we go again.

[​IMG]
    Darius and girl, apparently Darius and boy if you play as Kas, curious little split there.
    Though it's pretty obvious as to why they're doing it, this isn't exactly a unique thing.

[​IMG]
    Some important character, has a name so that's a dead giveaway...and her face has more polygons than these other generic NPC models. :p

[​IMG]
    Alex knows, it's gonna be a repeat of the first episode, travel everywhere and stab many many people after digging up their browser hi...their personal letters and other clues because this is the age before social media.

SameOldx2 likes this.
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Apparently the end to that dlc has annoyed a lot of folk. Won't discuss too much due to spoilers but would like to see what you think when done

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah I've read a bit about it via ResetEra which I check on for news on gaming as it's a very large community following after NeoGaf. For the DLC itself well screens and semi-satirical commentary aside I didn't find Hidden Blade Ep1 to be too bad although I hope Ep2 here won't just be more of the same although it's likely all building up for the finale in Ep3 in one and a half to two months from now since Ubisoft has expressed they're trying to keep to a six week release cycle for these though there's also the mini stories of the Lost Tales and what the patches bring for enhancements and updates and of course bug fixes.

Lost Tale of Atlantis is the main content I'm curious about though but that's not until later this year.

Also starting to look like these will primarily stick to existing areas in the game rather than as I had hoped expand into the otherwise unavailable northern mountain areas and some new terrain but unfortunately not. Thus there isn't that many new locales or sights at least not yet might change though I expect it will mainly be in the form of another flashback sequence if so.
    [​IMG]
    (The game itself can still be quite a looker at times especially the size and scope though for the gameplay itself the sheer size is also somewhat of a downside.)

And for opinions and thoughts well once I've finished the DLC in 3 - 4 hours if it's a similar length as the first one plus some extra quests at the end I'll have more to say.

EDIT: Initial thoughts.
    Though I can see a few flaws in the narrative already, same as the base game and first episode sometimes you are given a lot of freedom and choices other times the game just takes those away and forces a narrative or choice on the player in the name of whatever story Ubisoft intends to tell and their writing and it clashes a bit with the free-form style they have everywhere else in the game until these situations come up.

It comes across as a bit overly forced and clumsy or how to describe it best. Pushing narrative but in the complete opposite of how the game otherwise lets the player handle things.

EDIT: Though with how much they let players do and have their decisions it might sometimes be needed for the overarching narration but maybe it could be less jarring or well not really sure what a good solution is for this.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Looks to be heading into more story and thus spoiler territory from this point, well got some images from it although no new locales but eh guess there's still one more episode and who knows there's still a ways to go before this one is completed plus the second also three-part DLC about "The Fate of Atlantis" which should be entertaining.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Hmm well that is all not bad, could be better though.

And then this final piece of image from the DLC.
    https://abload.de/img/aco07vxkjh.jpg
    ("Tempest" defeated again. Possibly a spoiler even though it's more of a glitch causing this to happen.)

More thoughts:
    All in all the weaker of the two DLC episodes out of three so far for Hidden Blade, there's no real explanation or story about why these characters even are here at all and the targets are just given with little introduction and there's less of a quest and story development until nearly the very end though I did enjoy the ending although yeah forced narrative and some choices ending up being less meaningful.
    (Don't want to spoil things, this isn't really the topic for that after all.)

Also had the same glitch as in the former DLC where if you don't verify the kill it doesn't count so if the game for some reason decides to cutscene you immediately after battle and before you can verify the kill well the above image happens where you have to travel back to where this happened and kill the still alive target once more and then confirm and wrap up whatever associated quest it had, thankfully that worked in this DLC too.

Loaded and saved a bit to see what I could change for a few quests but yeah sometimes Ubisoft takes the narration into their own hands and there's not much impact on the players decisions. Some of it mattered at least so it's not like Telltale's adventure style games at least where it's more about illusion of choice in most circumstances.

Hopefully the third DLC will be a step up though we'll see in a month or two I suppose.
    (Length is a bit on the short side too so far, maybe 10 hours all in all if they can keep to the 2 - 3 hour length per episode though I do use fast travel a lot but they do push the quest objectives out to more distant areas although less than in the first episode thankfully.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.

5. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Dishonored 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Final Fantasy XV

Another day another semi-cut location and some minor stuff and on to the next chapter, hey a tomb!
    [​IMG]
    Alright dead dude ancestor king, hand over that weapon! (And all your valuables.)

Leviathan ignoring earlier plot events and just doing it's thing for no reason and off to another cut content area.
    [​IMG]
    Almost time to wrap this one up, it's not too bad but for these later chapters the cuts are quite obvious but it sorta works. Barely. Ha ha.

Regis giving his sis some friendly advice in another flashback cutscene because the game kinda needs some plot thread still remaining. (Regis is friendly now?)
    [​IMG]
    "But thou must!" -> https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButThouMust

The end of the on the rails segment, almost literally hah well it's just about time to wrap this one up.
    [​IMG]
    Kitty-king outfit from FFXIV is quite something, think I forgot to do the Terra war thing but I should be able to return and deal with Crossover #1 before it's too late.

King Noctis driving like the king of Sweden in his younger days with much the same results.
    [​IMG]
    Wonder if this place will be renamed in some humorous fashion, King's Curve and all that. (Road turned, king didn't. :p "It's good to be the king." I guess, less so for the car involved heh.)

EDIT: Could do with more gameplay shots but the area is just a few fleshed out hotspots in a mostly empty map I believe, heard the cut content was quite extensive so if FFXIII resulted in FFXIII-2 and Lighting Returns both reusing several assets how many sequels could they have gotten out of FFXV, well guess it's FFXVI next. Some years later...and it's still in development hell again. Well maybe they can avoid this time.
    (Only been going since the 90's or something, take your time Square. :D )
    (Though I suppose some of the titles do turn out quite alright all things considered.)

EDIT: Alright let's wrap it.

Kitty king has evolved into Cat Conqueror.
    [​IMG]
    (Your band of loyal friends look just about unchanged however having aged much more gracefully though one is now old enough to grow facial hair.)

That's one use for a Moogle I guess. Kupo-Kubed. :p
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of Division a bit, ash though in this case and not snow.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  8. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX OC 8GB
  9. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
    DarkPlaces Quake (with Quake 1.5 mod)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Kirby Epic Yarn (Reshade, Dolphin)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Scales up surprisingly well, saw some examples of AI upscaling using that game but it still holds up via just the higher display resolution afforded via Dolphin itself.
    Wii is let's see 576p via the five-pin composite I think it was. Still have that packed down somewhere here if it even works anymore but these older hardware systems could be quite robust.

As for screenshots well will see about getting some Division 1 shots up if all goes well, see how it goes getting back into the game again though I am not sold on the sequel yet.
    (Confirmed to be using Easy Anti Cheat so less issues from exploits if nothing else although it's stricter blacklist/whitelist feature means ReShade and similar comes to an end unless approved.)

EDIT: Ah right it's one of those games, just dumps you right into it and then "Please restart to apply settings." ha ha. Well cleared the initial stuff at least and it actually kept my former characters cosmetic and monetary rewards, odd but nice!

https://abload.de/img/div1jtk32.jpg
    Intro of the game after arriving at NY proper, this one is fairly standard just as a example of the above and before I had tuned the settings a bit further too.

EDIT: Now then.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Other images.

EDIT: Aged a bit, forgot how clunky the controls were in particular and the cover mechanic but eh it's manageable.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Photo tool might still be compatible, might check it later though the old wall hugging still works. :p

[​IMG]

EDIT: And the reflections and other properties of Snowdrop are still serving well.

[​IMG]

Less bullet sponge enemies too from memory, good to see.

EDIT: Set res scaling to 1.5 (Seriously game, 100 or 200% only? WTH but ini editing to the rescue.) add some sun (Well not really, get lucky and capture the morning lighting in-game.) and then some depth of field and well not too bad.

[​IMG]

(RIP framerate, well 35 - 40 FPS though the gradual decrease over time still seems to be in effect so down to 25 - 30 and then perhaps lower after 2 - 3 hours.)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  12. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    max settings, max AA
    120% resolution scaling
    I play on a 1080p monitor but I use nvidia DSR and turn the resolution up to 2560x1440. Downscaling with GIMP doesn't produce the same quality I see while playing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. thalixte

thalixte Member

GPU:
    Geforce Titan Maxwell
    The beauty of some games in wireframe...

Half-Life 2:
    [​IMG]

Medal Of Honor 2010:
    [​IMG]

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt:
    [​IMG]

We can clearly see the increasing in the number of drawcalls and vertices over the year...

14. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Geralt alone has more triangles than the whole HL2 scene. :D

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Beard alone should cover that and probably more, 130.000 strands I think and then even higher for the beard. TressFx in comparison had somewhere around 15.000 strands for TR2013 so from there to W3 just some two years later is quite impressive.
    I am glad they added a MSAA toggle via a patch though as to not have single-digit shave-rate in the game. :p
    (Yeah AMD and NVIDIA but the GPU power increase making it even possible is quite impressive.)

Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim might be fun examples too since some assets use a ridiculous amount of triangles for the year the game was released in to where several mods even reduce the polygon total helping weaker systems and usually unnoticeable when compared against the unmodified asset. (A box or crate with four square sides and most of the detail coming from the texture detail was a prominent example having a really high amount of tris that could be deleted without affecting much at all visually.)

...Helped a bit by AMD for TES3 Morrowind and their n-patches or TruForm or what it was called.

[​IMG]
    (Example image taken from the OpenMW forums.)

EDIT: It does about what you'd expect really for a early use of subdivision and fills up 3d models with more triangles and maybe makes objects just a tiny bit more rounded if you stare at them for a while to see the difference.
    (You'll see the performance difference though.)

D3D10 or rather D3D11 where it ultimately ended up being implemented handled it somewhat more intelligently or depending on how the developers utilized the tech at least but the results could be quite impressive. :D
    (And newer games and game engines are doing a really good job overall though faster hardware doesn't hurt either moving away from approximate solutions such as parallax mapping to full 3D geometry.)

EDIT:
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately toggling the photo mode means Alexios/Kassandra goes back to regular idle animation so trying to get that reed touch thing in a snap isn't going too well, seems petting animals also doesn't work compared to Origins though that game could be finicky since the animal had to approach Bayek before it would toggle.

And Division.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going well so far, story is almost wrapped up and next up is well probably some minor stuff and the world tiers.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Dishonored 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    CALL OF JUAREZ GUNSLINGER (w/ DEBUG MODE)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  18. thalixte

thalixte Member

GPU:
    Geforce Titan Maxwell
    Batman Arkham Asylum:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    BetA and Susahamat like this.
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Dishonored 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  20. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
    mwll (sorry for flooding, but I love this game and I want more ppl to play it damn it!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]