The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I remember the bloom effect, spent some time using the in-game console to see if some command couldn't perhaps reduce the strength a bit but I don't think I found anything.

Starbreeze had it pretty rough during those earlier years I believe, Enclave, Knights of the Temple and The Darkness weren't among the big sellers but had some popularity though Riddick is generally considered a pretty good game and Payday in particular gave the studio a bit of a breakthrough finally.
    (Wonder how much EA interfered with Syndicate and it's direction actually.)

EDIT:
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Breaking into the Palisade bank, though I kinda fumbled it by triggering a alarm with one of the door hacks, oops ha ha.

[​IMG]
    (No idea if this thing has any deeper meaning, got some credit chips from it for some reason.)

[​IMG]
    (The game really, really tries to push the Augmented and not-Augmented friction and divide but it's a bit too lenient with Jensen being able to come and go wherever without consequence, same with picking up pretty much anything so long as it's not a restricted room.)

[​IMG]
    (While the NPC variety isn't the greatest there's still a couple of different variants though expect to see a lot of clones too especially in the more densely populated districts, also the loading times are complete ass ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    (Animations work fairly well but occasionally glitch a bit, takedowns in particular feel a bit stiff or forced but overall it's serviceable, black-screen to change positioning is a bit poor though.)

[​IMG]
    (As usual the main actors and Jensen himself have a lot of detail, hair in particular sees a good improvement over Human Revolution via not-TressFX or PureHair as it's also called.)

[​IMG]
    (The bank itself, pretty surprising you can actually clear most of it out early on aside from mission critical areas.)

[​IMG]
    (Even one of the worlds most secure bank isn't immune to Deus Ex and vents being man-sized and traversal friendly, even in Deus Ex 1 it felt a bit silly but was acceptable as a means of stealth but yeah, no security means what so ever in these ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    (The lower level vaults, hacking these was a pain even if only a few actually had stuff in them or were locked at all, hacking sees a few additions over Human Revolution and more item types for circumventing them but get ready to trip alarms more often than not.)

[​IMG]
    (More super-size vents for easy traversal, feels a bit like droid maintenance shafts or something from a campy sci-fi but it's not like Deus Ex is the only game to over-size vents as a means of traversal, or sewers, or both. Ha ha. )

[​IMG]
    (Fooling around with the civilians, just remember to save and load if you do happen to knock out someone who might have actually had a name, sometimes mission critical actors don't even have name identifiers so best to be careful if you don't want to risk side quest snags later on.)

(Kinda pointless to knock out civilians as it just wastes resources and they generally carry nothing, you won't really want for ammo or supplies even so though as it's abundant and spread out just about everywhere with tons of little things to search or discover by just exploring a little bit, inventory space on the other hand remains limited.)

Game runs pretty well most of the time, still some frame drops here and there as you traverse the Prague district and data is streamed in and out and once VRAM runs low you'll see more frequent dips and stutters which can hamper things a bit.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, Syndicate was the first game they developed after the company split.
    A bunch of people left shortly after Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. They all went off and formed MachineGames... and made Wolfenstein:TNO... and all was great, for them.

That did kind of leave Starbreeze in a bit of an odd spot. They had to kind of find where they were, and Syndicate was that experiment.
    It makes sense the story fumbled some, as the lead writer was one of the guys who left for MachineGames... as did some of the other lead people. Syndicate is good, but... it shows, through some rough spots, the pains the studio was going through trying to reform themselves.

3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    nice shots ^^ DXMD was great, the only thing really wrong with it was that it was clearly half a game. publisher chopped it into pieces & ruined it. side note, still find it a little jarring that they changed jensens actual facial structure

welcome back, jim. try not to make multiple dupe accounts having extended "conversations" with each other like last time. hey, remember that one time when you made the account who supposedly "stole" your screenshots in order to post them "himself", & you were "arguing" heatedly with "him"? & "other people" (still you) chimed in to cheer you on?

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Crysis 1 Core level
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    ReCore v1.1 - Definitive Edition

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Game would be a lot easier to take captures of if the objectives marker and text notifier could be hidden, but nope rest of the HUD elements fade out just fine but that one just had to be permanent, oh well not much to be done about it for now.

6. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI FTW3 Elite
    Destiny 2

PC Max settings 7Kby3k 21by9 Ultrawide with MSAA

****EDIT I had to resize the images as they were about 58mb per pic. Imgur was not happy.... they have been reduced in size by 20% to fit imgurs size requirement. :-/

[​IMG]

My Favorite pic of this bunch. Just so much going on with so many details.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Susahamat likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Deus Ex - Mankind Divided

[​IMG]

Other images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Started over, also switched over to DX12, need to do some better comparisons between the two in terms of overall performance but DX12 appears to be 10 - 15% faster so far which well it's something.
    (42 - 44 FPS on the main menu with DX11, 50 - 51 with DX12 though the main menu or even the benchmark isn't truly indicative of general framerate in the game, particularly the city streets but it's a good start.)

Some of the subtitle text occasionally displays minor glitches though, looking it up it appears to be a small issue with DX12 and the game as of one of the later patches, not as bad as some of the earlier DX12 glitches for this game though, SteamDB shows some activity as well but for what appears to be Mac or Linux builds of the game so probably not much more happening for the PC version but who knows.
    (Wonder if Rise of the Tomb Raider will see some additional patches, definitive version on XBox One X has some small tweaks to texture detail and gets pretty close to the PC version in terms of overall image quality but there's no word on if the PC version of the game will see further support.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, toy looking gun aside Destiny 2 looks a lot better than I had expected, going by discussions on the PC beta it also performs really well and supports a number of interesting tech options plus convenience such as having a adjustable FOV or 21:9 support.

8. JasperB

JasperB Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970
    I recently went through the list of developers credited for making Syndicate. Basically, they all left (except one, I think) Starbreeze Studios at some point, so that team no longer exists. 27 now work at MachineGames, 11 at DICE, 5 at Avalanche Studios (2 of them in NY) and 5 at Hazelight (A Way Out). Interestingly, none of them ended up at Massive in Malmö, I guess Sweden has quite a few options for those who want to switch employers within the game industry.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Uncharted™_ The Lost Legacy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Susahamat likes this.
  10. BoabyKenobi

BoabyKenobi New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7700
    Doom

[​IMG]

Cant believe it runs well on my system. Most settings on medium at 1900x1080, with V Sync enabled and resolution scale at 100%.
    The game does slow down occasionally but the frame rate hardly ever gets noticeably bad. It's not giving me 60fps, but I can live with 30-50 any day.

My PC doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, except the RAM & HDD.

Incredible game!

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    No Man's Sky

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No idea what sort of planet that first one was, simply classed as abandoned but with some odd grid pattern and almost metallic looking fauna heh.
    (No life forms though, those would have been interesting to see.)

Susahamat likes this.
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The Golf Club 2 course I done up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Susahamat likes this.
  14. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    ==TOMB RAIDER THE DAGGER OF XIAN==
    Remake By Fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Pretty impressive for a fan re-creation even if it's not done yet, seems the official developers are fine with it too which is always nice to see rather than some NDA hitting right as they're readying up for release.

OmniShift likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much, going through some older games and jumping back and forth between some other games on the backlog ha ha, first image is from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and the second is from No Man's Sky which seems like it could provide a ton of interesting content though I've already taken a ton of screenshots of the game by now, and then I found this thing, ha ha.

Sometimes the RNG mechanics provide some really interesting planets and creatures, there seems to be some system or theme it follows too but I don't really know how exactly it works, as for this thing it's blended pretty well but the neck seam sticks out a bit.

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Is this on PC?

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Tomb Raider 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    nope

20. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    I just bought a copy of Cod Infinity Legacy edition! and i notice that there are no Console for Modern warfare Remastered?
    Are there some way to unlock Noclip Nohud ect?

Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.