The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few quick shots I took quick in Ghost Recon. There are a lot of areas in this game that look incredibly good. After I finish all the quests I plan on spending some time just going around and taking some shots of the nicer areas.

Game has it's problems but overall it's been really fun.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Outlast 2

[​IMG]

Rest of the images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And a few more Outlast 2 shots.

[​IMG]

The rest of the images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So what is there to say about the game itself? Pretty straightforward survival horror with a lot of gore and some unsettling elements in a bit of a B story about religious fanaticism and some supernatural elements.

Oh and as with the first game your cameras battery is still some cheap copy of a real one and lasts about five minutes or so, ha ha.

EDIT: Uses UE3 as well, did the usual tweaks and the game does support borderless mode and toggling off the chromatic aberration effect via ini editing.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nice screens, Jonas.

My friend bought the game. I'll probably visit him tonight and see hows the game. I'll probably skip it myself.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I enjoyed the first Outlast and it's expansion but the gameplay mechanic of having to hide and constantly run away is a bit cumbersome at times when you're trying to explore though the finishing animations are pretty spectacular when you do inevitably end up being discovered.

That old granny early on sprints like a Olympic athlete though and has some pretty spectacular strength too being able to bury a pick-axe hilt first straight through your nether regions.
    (Which the game series has a bit of a thing for, even the initial trailer featured it.)

Movement and various other effects can also induce motion sickness for those sensitive to that, switching between dark and light areas often can also be a bit problematic to some but it's a horror game so it's not unexpected though you won't really be able to see much at all without the NV function that the camera offers.

Unsure how the story will hold up, game is around 6 - 8 hours long going by the current Steam topics on that subject so a bit on the short side although exploration for things like hidden notes add a bit to the backstory though well finding bits of paper when being chased by some crazy fanatic can be a bit difficult heh.

Oh and I do like the more outdoor themed environments and improvements to lighting even if it's still UE3, bit more open or well it feels a bit more open compared to the corridors of the asylum of the first game.

What else is there to say, HUD elements are fairly minimal and unobtrusive and you can customize it a bit further in the options menu as well as toggle off QTE fatalities if you don't want to bother with button mashing.

There's a difficulty selection as well from normal to nightmare which affects AI reaction times and a bit more besides just damage taken.
    (You can survive a hit or two and there are bandages but you're pretty frail so even on the lower difficulty levels you won't survive long if you get attacked.)

Well I'm enjoying the game so far like I said but I enjoy both these exploration type horror games and also the more action focused ones where you can actually fight back such as Resident Evil 7 or Evil Within.

...Though once you get the better weapons it turns into reverse horror as you hunt down the enemies for supplies instead of being the one that is hunted, ha ha.

EDIT:
    Sniper - Ghost Warrior 3

[​IMG]

Rest of images.

Can't hide the weapon besides lowering it, also have to play on the highest difficulty level to get the option to customize UI elements which is a weird decision, surely being able to toggle the all-seeing mini-map would have been useful even on normal or hard and not just challenging.

Cry-Engine, customized from Ghost Warrior 2 I believe so somewhere around 3.5.x then in terms of version number, not exactly sure.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sniper - Ghost Warrior 3
    [​IMG]

And the rest of the images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The action isn't too bad but the writing is pretty terrible and the voice acting seems to be very low quality though eh I guess as a shooter there's worse examples.

Really wish one could disable all the little helper elements and UI bits but sadly that's not possible so you'll always have indicators for enemy visibility and direction and the scope indicators for wind and range.

And for a sniper game it's pretty hilarious that they've made a "DARPA" bullet that ignores not only wind but also gravity though I guess it'll be a while before that unlocks.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  7. sly1286

sly1286 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980SC 1500Mhz
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @JonasBeckman

can you toggle or at least adjust film grain effect in Outlast 2?

The original had an absolutely awful (imo) effect and the screens look like Outlast 2 may have a bit too heavy film grain too for my liking.

Ofc night vision camera should have that effect but otherwise no thanks.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unfortunately not, there was a tip about changing console.cfg for auto start parameters in Outlast 1 in order to control film grain strength but far as I know it's a placebo though I tried it for this game just in case but it didn't really do anything.

They really should add a slider say 0.00 to 2.00 with 1.00 being the default so the user can adjust to their preferred amount of noise whether it's a little bit less or off completely or a little bit more though the default is fairly strong already.

Outlast 2

[​IMG]

And the rest of the images.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Little Nightmares

[​IMG]

The rest of the images.

Puzzles, platforming and horror.

EDIT:
    Uses UE4, for the chromatic aberration effect the cvar is usually "r.scenecolorfringe.max 0" to set it as off but I don't know if it's possible to add it into the user config ini file or if it will be ignored, will give it a try and see how it works although I'm suspecting it'll simply be ignored.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
  13. xinelo

xinelo Member

GPU:
    EVGA FW3 3080
    ME: Andromeda
    [​IMG]

The rest of the images.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  14. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
  15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Impressive how well Breath of the Wild cleans up when running at a higher resolution, impressive tech showcase of the WiiU (And Switch.) hardware too compared to the Wii and how Twilight Princess looked.

Cemu still has a ways to go from my understanding but it seems the game is already mostly playable aside from performance being a bit of a problem still.

Outlast 2

[​IMG]

And the other images.

Not the easiest game to take screenshots of since much of the time in the game is spent traversing very dark areas with usually only your cameras night vision mode as the sole way to navigate until you happen upon some small source of actual light.

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thats not the Switch or the Wii U

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It actually runs fairly well, even towns now stay at a playable 20fps. People with 4.7+ oc's seem to be getting 30 everywhere but in towns. Few visual glitches (some effects occasionally flash). Game's 100%able already on 1.7.5. I actually booted up the wiiu yesterday and couldn't stand the excessive aliasing for more than 5 minutes. Gamma/brightness are off but fixable via nvidia desktop color settings (and then apply them via editing since those don't apply to screenshots..)

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

True, I might have been unclear in my previous post but yes it's not a native console screen capture but the game running through Cemu on PC emulating the WiiU but aside from the screen resolution it's identical visually. (Barring any shader issues with some of the effects.)

I believe the game runs at 1280x720 by default (at 30 FPS.) but with resolution scaling particularly for the Switch which works in both a docked and handheld mode but I'm not too sure on the specs of the game.

They do make really good use of the hardware though and some of the shader effects and tech in the game is impressive even compared against the higher-end hardware of the PS4 and XBO.
    (The rain effect on the last image in particular is striking, really well made and good occlusion too to avoid clipping through solid objects.)

Yeah I can imagine the console version being a bit aliased on a modern 1080p display due to the games resolution, sure beats the Wii though running at some 640x480 res or what it was again.

I remember reading Cemu had various problems with the game from was it version 1.7.3 I think but it looks like the team behind the emulator must have really focused on compatibility with 1.7.4 and the current 1.7.5 release then if it's improved so much as to be fully playable already.

19. xinelo

xinelo Member

GPU:
    EVGA FW3 3080
    Outlast 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the most terrifying game I've ever played, improving the 1st game in every single aspect.

The game has 21:9 support and FOV can be increased easily tweaking the .ini files.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it is a bit of a gray area, usually justified by owning the console and game your emulating. (Or was it just the game?)
    I think some companies have tried going after emulator developers but lost although Bleem went down due to the costs of this to name one example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.