The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    RE7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Resident Evil 7​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Raz3d

Raz3d Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Resident Evil 7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GTAV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017
  4. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    skyrim (oldrim) - modded

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Tales of Berseria

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Tj, you still playing AVP 2010? :D

8. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Resident Evil 7
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Madhouse, they did some changes to item placement too so there's more of these bird cages for upgrades and more coins for them too, although you do have limited checkpoints and the manual saving is also very limited particularly early on in the game.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    I still play it myself.

It looks great for a almost 7 year old game @ 3840x1600 with ReShade.

11. -HollywooD-

-HollywooD- New Member

GPU:
    The Witcher 3 (STLM)

-Please Delete-

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  12. Nergal54

Nergal54 New Member

GPU:
    Sli Evga 1080
    Kingdom Come / For Honor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Dragon Age II:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Tales of Berseria

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    man TOB looks dated

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Berseria? yeah it sure does and that's with some improvements for shadows and running it at a higher internal resolution. (Which I need to check exactly how well that's working.)

Game engine is cross platform with the PS3 (Tales of Zestiria and a some others that didn't hit PC.) though for the next game one of the developers hinted at them dropping the PS3 which should improve things as the engine would no longer being held back by a previous-gen console.

The art style partially helps and they improved some of the tech for this installment most importantly probably being that they're now using mip-maps for textures (Greatly reducing flickering.) and post-process shaders are no longer running at some screwed up sub-640x480 like resolution but instead at 0.5x the display res and character shadows are 2048 for Velvet and 1024 for the rest instead of 1024 for main character and 512 for rest as in Zestiria.
    (Environment shadows are also up to 1024 from 512)

This for Zestiria fixed much of that along with other problems such as audio issues and the 30 FPS cap.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542500356

And for Berseria it's been improved into this fixing a couple of things too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/429660/discussions/0/142261352640205850/

Improving texture mip-map functionality from the default of 3 up to I think 7 mips and allowing for shadow quality improvements while also removing the Namco FPS cap although it is capable of doing 60 but it's not the greatest or well it can stutter a bit so it got replaced.
    (Also has a in-game OSD now although compatibility with this project and older OS's has been a issue.)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah I just edited that in, it's working really well but you don't see much of it in the above images of the game as it's a set of static screenshots, the one with the pink Katz "creature" shows the character shadows somewhat but other improvements such as the framerate fixes and the reduction in flickering due to that while this game actually is using mip-map textures now it's not using that many of them. (3 instead of 7 or some such I think, above fix adjusts that too further reducing flickering from textures.)

Since there's no way to hide the UI elements (Mini-map being the main thing.) much of these images would be from cutscenes and I don't think the characters even use self-shadowing.
    (And one image is from a skit showing that the fanservice thing in Zestiria is still ongoing.)

So yeah game is a bit behind visually and in terms of tech, still some improvement over Zestiria but also still many of the same shortcomings.
    (Smaller zones connected together, cities don't having that many locations or NPC's in them and the outdoor terrain is pretty flat and sparsely populated with vegetation and other clutter.)

Trying to alternate a bit though, mainly been playing this and RE7 the last few days with a bit of Quantum Break too as to try and finish that up finally, has good screenshot potential but I would need a better GPU heh (Well more VRAM at least.) and there's also a strong use of motion blur making it difficult to capture clean shots of the game (Pretty in motion but as a static image it just kills detail.) although it looks pretty spectacular though it's very demanding in turn especially with the upscaling tech mostly disabled to avoid temporal blur or how it's called from it's reconstruction tech.

(~40 FPS with it on and down to ~10 FPS with it off in some instances, GPU is completely tanked obviously or well that's what I'm guessing ha ha.)

(That and AA also being about the only thing that greatly impacts framerate.)

EDIT: Also what I've seen of For Honor from the closed beta testing (Or well what others have posted from said beta testing.) that could be really good for screenshots though the chromatic aberration effect can get in the way.

How the game itself is I'm less sure on, going to have to read up a bit more on that, Wildlands should have a beta event soon too but the impressions I've heard on that are pretty bad as a "Ghost Recon" type game with near-blind AI and other shortcomings.

EDIT: That's enough text I guess, heh I do tend to get a bit into the technical side of things.

[​IMG]

Berseria, GeDoSaTo to hide the mini-map ( injectPSHash 3b36ee45 ) and some other UI elements I managed to catch and also for rendering at a higher resolution (I think this was 7680x4320 which I was briefly toying around with but 5120x2880 is also good without totally destroying the framerate. :D )

And from GeDoSaTo through ReShade (SMAA) and TBFix (Shadow quality and a few other QOL improvements.) finally through Afterburner/RivaTuner for screenshot and overlay functionality. (And somehow the game is still stable after all that, bit much but I wanted to try because, well I wanted to try. :p )

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    yeah time to time, still gets very intense as a marine haha :)

:thumbup:

I play vanilla, maybe i'll try reshade too :nerd:

add me if you want and we can play sometime, name ingame screens

20. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.