The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah that was the one drawback with PostImage as it lacked options for which size you wanted on embedded images, only recently found there was a alternative to it which scaled images down a bit but still avoided embedding the full 2560x1440 even if I'm using .jpg now over .png they're still pretty large and loading several such images slows down the page a lot.
    (I like looking at the NeoGaf screenshot threads for comparison and someone embedding full "4K" PNG's yeah it slows down the entire page even if I have pretty fast internet and more importantly no monthly data cap.)

Another more recent problem was what now seems pretty clear to have been monetary gains from advertisement so without a script or ad blocker even outside of the adult image group you'd get some questionable advertisements at times.
    (Not to mention the usual crap on press here to fix PC or press to claim bonus check for X in store Y hah, heard something on how over 90% of all email these days are spam related too but website ads are more of a necessity for several websites but depending on which service you use sometimes you get problematic content, the Nexus network for game mods with Skyrim and Fallout being popular had a issue with that a while back.)

But I guess a image sharing website with some couple of thousand users and upwards of a million or more images is going to struggle with bandwidth, the team behind PostImage probably weren't expecting how quickly it would grow with how popular image and video sharing has become plus social networking in general or what it was called.
    (Actually checked and their donations are up to 1700$ now so a bit over 10% of the required payment in a bit under three days so in a month if they actually have a full month to get the needed funds it might work out but keeping it running long term is probably still a issue.)

As for Titanfall 2 to get back a bit to gaming I'm enjoying it so far, there doesn't seem to be that many levels to the story campaign but then you have multiplayer and plans from the developers to keep that going with regular content updates (Paid and free both I think.) so if the player base doesn't drop too heavily they might be able to keep support going for the game but I mean released this soon after Battlefield 1 can't have helped and soon Call of Duty too, bit of a problem being stuck between two large and well established franchises like that.
    (It's not quite the same as the MMO market competition I guess and gameplay is a bit different in all these games but still probably going to be some struggle against those two plus Call of Duty is technically delivering two games this time though I doubt they'll separate the remaster of MW1 as a stand-alone purchase at least until a few more weeks.)

EDIT: All that and I missed the question, it's using a heavily modified Source engine, performance is pretty good though but at least from AMD I don't think there's a good profile yet although 16.10.3 fixes a crash issue on certain GCN GPU models. (400 series I guess but I don't know for certain.)

Fast paced game play and large maps too, plus the whole mech or "Titan" part of the game too instead of just being infantry. (Or well, a pilot as they're called which is a more mobile soldier with various tech advantages.)

Guessing SLI is in better shape than Crossfire, using some Gameworks tech too so probably a bit closer to Nvidia but as there's no in-depth guide or similar on GeForce.com perhaps they're not completely partnered either?
    (But there could be other reasons for that of course, not sure if Ansel or such is planned though it would certainly help at least Nvidia GPU users with screenshots from the game without UI elements and maybe some sort of free camera movement.)

EDIT: Doesn't seem like Titanfall 2 is on the list of games getting initial Ansel support.

EDIT: Not too many screenshots currently since the Titan interface/UI takes up a large part of the screen and then there's the visor effect over that and finally the weapon plus any "helpful" hints that might appear now and again. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The "Pilot" interface is a bit more cluttered than the HUD at the start of the game, exiting the Titan and the animation that plays then does hide both the UI elements and the players weapon model so that might be usable. :)
    (Any tags or such from names of items or characters are still on the screen however.)

(Hiding the "quick bar" or what to call it would have been useful to have as a option, even the ammo count is mostly seen on the weapon itself and well grenades are grenades, don't really need much info on how to use those ha ha.)

(No crosshair though since it's a marksman rifle and they don't have one not that it really matters, shoot at the center of the screen and you'll usually hit, scope is useful tho at long range.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It's surprising that they kept using Source - kinda hard to guess without knowing.

3. Raz3d

Raz3d Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE SLI
    GTAV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mafia 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Black Desert Online

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah I have no idea what they have done with the engine but it's "Source" albeit probably not much of the ahem, original source code left in there. :D

The Cursed Forest (gallery.)
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskGf4T7r

[​IMG]

The developers updated to Cry-Engine 5.x but it's not quite done yet and there's several known issues but from my understanding they wanted something for release on Halloween.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/345430/announcements/detail/881970846018211346

Also I'm pretty sure this would then be the first release of a Cry-Engine 5.x game albeit it's a indie project and also in early-access, developers behind Wolcen (Formerly Umbra.) are also planning to move to this version of the engine but it's not very easy to switch over and it takes a lot of work.

As for the game it's a pretty straightforward adventure/exploration game with horror themes, bit too reliant on the jump scare mechanics but very good atmosphere via level design and use of sound although fairly linear as well.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    god dammit what mods you running dog?

7. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Maken's Unreleased Rise Enhancer Reshade WIP/ Ingame Dof

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  8. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    @darrenj
    Hi, only mod in use is to disable hud that you can find it here https://mafiamods.com/ .The rest is just my own reshade 3 what is wip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Reshaded Rift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB OC
    For TitanFall 2 engine - it's Source 2. Or so I read a couple of months ago.

11. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Titanfall 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Always nice to see these wide format screens. :)
    (Think it was simply ultra-wide and then panorama if it's multiple screens together.)
    (Haven't really checked but the game might allow for custom resolutions via resizing the window.)

Nice to have clean non-HUD images of Titanfall 2 too.
    (Outside of the official media footage from the game.)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Gears of War 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Clamps bad, clamps hurt.)

For those using Afterburner with it's RivaTuner Statistics Server component you might have noticed occasionally that pressing the screenshot key while just using Windows takes a shot of the desktop, this works for UWP games too due to how they work.

I was wondering why I had these "Desktop" images so I looked it up and found out that it's a function of Rivatuner to both capture images and even record from the desktop if no active 3D processes are found.

After checking and excluding "GearGame.exe" (And Notepad++ and WinMerge interestingly enough, heh.) I made sure no 3D processes were detected and did a test and yeah, it works. :D
    (You don't get the overlay functionality however or well it won't be visible, possibly one could perhaps monitor the desktop itself with said overlay on but I don't know if it's a good idea, I doubt it is.)

Of course using PrntScrn and just copy/pasting the resulting image into any image editor such as FastStone or Paint.net or IrfanView produces the same resulting image but I found it interesting to try via Afterburner.
    (Or well via a function of Afterburner/RTSS that allows for capturing the desktop.)

EDIT: Huh so that's what was blocking progress for so long, on PC you interact with everything via "E"...except this fabricator, you use "C" for that, well that would have been good to know earlier, ha ha!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    use xbox app and make your own key for screenshots , it'll save them as png

the res is whatever your desktop res is , if it's 5120x2880 it'll capture a png pic at that res

i think mine is shift+number0 for screenshots

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    GameDVR or what it's called? (Well the app is indeed XBox App but this particular function I believe is called Game DVR by Microsoft.) useful to know. :)

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    BF1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Titanfall 2

[​IMG]

18. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    mafia 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    ROTTR + Maken's unreleased Reshade, Mad Max with reshade, and Zombie Army Trilogy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  20. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Hitman: Hokkaido

[​IMG]