The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Paragon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    UE4 has a pretty nice way of making material shading look good, of course it depends on the artists and other developers to use it to it's fullest but it's a very good looking engine.
    (This particular game is from Epic themselves though as I remember so yeah they would know their own developed game engine pretty well, heh.)

CryEngine is offering some nice competition though, even older builds as I think are still used in for example the above one from Star Citizen's 2.5 alpha.
    (In testing now on their test server.)

Both engines can also perform quite well although as seen with some indie games and such it can also go the other way and perform terribly but eh I guess that's true for most any game regardless of engine used, just takes work whether on console or PC though on console once it runs well on the XBO or PS4 it'll run well on all of them as it's the same hardware. (Well for now at least until the various announced updated models start coming out with some faster hardware.)

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    this game is a beta (open for everyone now) but damn UE4 is a beast

4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Forza Apex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ratava

ratava Member Guru

GPU:
    rx 470
    Blood Omen Legacy of Kain

[​IMG]

I have the original cd and the box :)

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    No Man's Sky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
  8. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    @_rock_, does the HUD and scopes scale when downsampling in the Director's Cut?

10. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    millibyte
    Used 3DMIGOTO and crop 4K shots

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Is this your character? if so, what armor is that and where can you get it?

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Sorry, what I meant to ask was during normal gameplay, do the HUD elements scale with higher resolutions or do they get tiny? At 4k, the scope was nearly useless. I'm wondering if this has been fixed in the Director's cut.

You can see what I mean in the following thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140075

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The Witcher 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    rottr re rs2

nice shoots everyone
    ------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    Kholat.

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.

That's the Bosmer / Wood-Elf motif for armors and weapons and used on a NPC character, my own characters armor is called well someone over at the ESO team decided to call it Glass and it's a bit of a struggle to assemble(*) but I finally made a pretty decent purple (second highest.) grade crafted armor and weapon set from this at VR15 / Champion 150 which is a bit of a accomplishment though yeah a armors style/motif has absolutely no impact what so ever on anything other than how it looks and these rare DLC added armor designs are a pain to craft if you're not in a larger guild with access to the required items.

(Long explanation.)
    First you need the motif book, this is either from a chapter or from a full book but as expected said book is super rare unless you buy it from a trading oriented guild (There's no centralized auction house.) and for these DLC styles well each armor style has it's own component for it's design and for these you need ten "lesser" somethings to create one "greater" something so say you eventually collect ten malachite (glass) fragments you then combine them into one malachite crystal and can use that to craft one glass style item, you need at least seven for a full armor set and then one for a weapon and one for a subweapon or shield or possibly more if you carry extra weapons in your inventory and want them to be of the same style.

Now glass is at least a bit forgiving in how every single chest in the game has a small but still not too uncommon chance to give at least one malachite crystal fragment so obtaining the crystals is thankfully not as difficult as some of the other sets added in later DLC packs. :D

Going back to the crafting book well you assemble this from various sources such as doing group boss content or dungeons or just daily (rather tough.) quests for a small chance of getting a chapter and a near infinitely small chance of getting the entire book, there's fourteen or fifteen chapters for a full set if you don't get the whole book so you might get the chapter for making staves or bows or even multiples of chapters you already have before you can get the last one for whatever remaining equipment you can't craft.

Glass doesn't even have chapters so while the style item isn't too hard to get you need to first gather ten paper fragments which need to be combined into one chapter or (very, very) rarely a full book.

This process costs 10.000 gold which well if you're a trader you won't have any major problems and with the thieves guild and dark brotherhood DLC you can just kill the mark and take the loot and fence with less risk unless you're seen and the guards chase your ass all over town if you don't manage to escape. :p
    (But for your usual questing and killing it's going to take a while to assemble the 100.000+ total gold needed for the full motif.)

Finally there's different ores/leathers/fibers depending on your blacksmith/wood working/clothier skill and in general it once again takes 10 "lesser" for a "greater" but for crafting resources you do get a random amount from I think it's 3 to 10 and also a chance for rarer components used to upgrade quality from white to green to blue to purple and finally yellow.

For level 1 all the way up to champion 150 / VR15 it takes about 10 to 20 of these combined crafting ores/leathers/fibers to make one item, personally with the rarer motifs that you can't quite get common style items for and thus reliably craft I recommend waiting until you are a higher level unless you buy said items via guild trading directly but well it's cheaper than the crafting components and upgrade materials but it's still going to cost a bit and the full books are pretty expensive too if you'd rather skip the part where you hunt down all chapters for a specific style. :D

And finally there's the current cap of champion 160 / VR16 for gear where instead of 10 to 20 components it takes upwards of 100 to 140 for well armor wise it's around 5% better from non-upgraded VR15 gear but the scaling bonus for attributes that you can add along with other stuff is far better making it well worth the investment once you can get the ~700+ materials needed for a entire set of armor and a weapon.

(Links to compilations of how the various armor motifs look.)
    http://eso-fashion.com/motifs/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260228/all-motifs-updated-list/p1

(Second one is pretty good as it has pictures of all of them and some are also updated to show all three armor types meaning light, medium and heavy along with male and female appearances.)

EDIT: So yeah it's a bit of a status / boasting thing hunting down and completing the armor styles and then the items to craft said styles and higher-level and higher-tier variants of the armor and weapons though there's no real advantage besides well I suppose one could call it fashion? :D
    (I do like how "glass" looks though even if armor-wise only the heavy set looks remotely a little bit like the Skyrim glass armor heh.)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  17. Alien C.o

Alien C.o Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960
  18. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    rottr re rs2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]