The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I liked the Mancubus in Doom 3 more. Sure it was less detailed compared to the one we have in Doom 4, but the overall design was more creepy in Doom 3 i think, i'm especially talking about the facial design.

The Cyberdemon, not so impressed with the mouth/teeth design but other than that it's great.

The Spectre is imo just pointless aslong as we got the Pinky.

2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Rise of The Tomb Raider + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It was nice seeing the Spectre return since he wasn't in Doom 3, but it was an enemy in the original Doom's 1 and 2.

But, there are little differences in the new DOOM.
    The Pinky is armored up front, making it so you have to attack from behind. But, the Spectre, you can attack from the front.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'm really impressed with Doom 2016 quality design. It's a real pleasure. Tomb Raider is the next game i'll buy, looks incredible and i like the last reboot.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I think Prey still looks pretty good considering.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Jonas, how does TWW works on your Fury? Game using DX12 api?

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Not yet, D3D12 is planned to be patched in later on and is currently in testing - https://steamdb.info/app/364360/depots/ - (Scroll down and you should see the locked D3D12 depot using a newer build number.) but for now the game runs under D3D11 only. (64-bit)

ReShade is compatible although I haven't checked depth detection as for these screens I used 2x MSAA, settings allow for MLAA, 2x, 4x and 8x MSAA though since my images have a bit of blurriness to them (As does several of the Steam Community uploaded images.) it might be that it's using MLAA and MSAA together for those modes, I'll probably keep it disabled in favor of ReShade SMAA from now on.

Config file has some additional settings for order-independent-transparency (That thing that killed framerate in Rome 2 :p ) but I don't think it does anything when enabled, can also change depth of field from on and off to on - high quality and there's a setting for tessellation but that's been there since Shogun 2 I believe and that's the only game it did anything in though I haven't checked if it's available for this game although I doubt it.
    (The engine supports it but the game probably doesn't have the necessary code and shaders.)

Framerate is around 20ish with max settings if I zoom in on the battle map (Campaign map I forgot to check but it's smoother so it has to be higher.) so the game is certainly demanding (Nothing new there for Total War and this aging engine they're using.) but it is using the Ultra preset and then I customized it further so 2x MSAA over MLAA though it might be MLAA+2x MSAA (MSAA can be pretty demanding for D3D10 and above.) and then DOF is on as is screen-space reflections and shadow quality is maxed to Extreme instead of Ultra so if I were to use the standard ultra preset it would probably run a bit better plus it's 2560x1440 which is already a pretty noticeable performance difference from 1920x1080, looks great most of the time although stuff like AMD VSR is mostly unusable as 3200x1800 is a 1.25x res difference and thus not much of a visual improvement and 1.5x or 3840x2160 is too demanding outside of Crossfire for most current games, full on 2x at 5120x2800 is not supported by the current VSR method and AMD GPU's either although yeah good luck getting good framerate at 5K heh well for screenshots it might have been useful.

For the above screenshots I didn't tweak the ini file any further though I am using deband and SMAA via ReShade, might have to take off the 2x MSAA and then try the various shadow quality settings in-game to find a good balance between quality and performance rather than just push everything to the max as I did for this initial session.

DirectX 12 should help with CPU usage although I don't know if it'll improve GPU load so the game will probably still be pretty demanding though larger battles might work better with less stress on the CPU, possibly late-game campaign maps too as that too puts a strain on most CPU models.

EDIT: There's also talks on the community forums that MSAA messes up colors a bit so that's something I have to check too.

EDIT: Oh and yeah as per SEGA/CA tradition there's no blood either (ESRB/PEGI ratings my ass.) so yeah a DLC is likely planned for that particular feature.

(Emperor of Mankind streaking on the battlefield - AO rating, 100K+ dead dismembered orcs in pools of their own blood and guts - T)

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  9. raggazam

raggazam Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx1080
  10. Cosworth

Cosworth Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Forza APEX

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    deleted because of size

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    deleted because of size

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Witches 3 has terrible foliage and it's largely in your field of view, not sure why everyone says it looks so great when half the screen is filled with blurry leaves and fugly grass.

15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Dark Souls 3 + reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    It's not Next-Gen afterall :3eyes:
    But figure Models are Great IMO.
    We need to wait for Proper DX12/Vulcan Games for more complex scenes in Games :)

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well... nothing is.
    It's not next-gen, it's the current gen. It stopped being "next-gen" the day the new consoles were released.

Now it is simply the current generation. Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Also, replaying Arkham Knight...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    The Evil Within
    [​IMG]

KillingFloor2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Beta)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://postimg.org/image/zg0prts9r/
    http://postimg.org/image/4tm5nq3xb/
    http://postimg.org/image/3slwylmxr/
    http://postimg.org/image/af8krs4m7/
    http://postimg.org/image/42tfhy1jz/

Beta version got updated again, no changelog yet but the engine had a small update from 3.8.0 to 3.8.5 though it's not the new "V" version, probably various bugfixes and I don't think the current available area has been expanded though some gameplay mechanisms might have been improved on or added.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.