The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    How do you do the screens on The Division without HUD? :3eyes:

2. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - DX11 with VXAO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's technically still on but you toggle off the various UI elements in the options menu and most importantly set the HUD elements to fade out, just waiting a few seconds will then hide the entire interface with some exceptions*.

*Taking cover unhides the crosshair makes it difficult to get clean shots of the game where you're pressing against walls and such to "hide" the player model from view when you have a crosshair sitting right in the middle of the screen.

Aiming also shows various UI elements such as the ammo counter and just getting near hostile NPC's shows the same interface elements so if you're going for clean screenshots with minimal or no clutter / UI elements then it's very hard if not impossible to do that currently if you try for screenshots showing combat.

Being in a safe zone will also show player names and other interactive markers on screen as you get close to e.g shopkeepers and terminals and whatnot.

So it's a bit flawed but I'm doing what I can though as a online only game there might not be too much in terms of Cheat-Engine scripts or other forms of camera manipulating tools for more advanced screenshot functionality, let alone features like time-stop.

It's a pretty game though even with some early showcase features scaled back a bit (Like the depth of field effect which is now mostly used in the various in-game cutscenes and when browsing the inventory and character screens.) neat little touches too such as dynamic snow forming on your character and as you move to indoor areas it progressively melts leaving wet stains on your outfit.

Then you have global illumination, sub-surface scattering, a good mix of real-time and cube-map reflections and even a bit of parallax to add depth without totally destroying framerate if they had tessellated the buildings. :p

Then there's the Nvidia tech such as the PCSS+ and now also the HFTS or what they were called shadows along with HBAO+ and the game has a pretty good draw distance too although it streams depending on your VRAM usage so at higher resolutions or especially when downsampling you'll probably see it transitioning slowly from lowest texture and polygon details where characters look like little stick-men and shaders and texture are almost entirely flat and single colored to full detail.

The online only functionality also adds a bit of lag spikes and odd slowdowns as the server is under heavy traffic, still some occasional disconnection problems too from what I've read which can be infuriating when near the end of a longer mission or even worse a Dark Zone raid where you could have potentially gotten some really nice equipment.

4. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Thanks Jonas! Nice screenshots ;)

Keep posting them!

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game looks pretty good and even with just normal screenshot methods it works pretty well for this game though control over at least the FOV would be a nice addition. :)

The Division
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Servers are going down for maintenance about now so that's why a couple of these screens have that timer notification on them, also used a slightly larger screen resolution for these, full on 3840x2160 is too demanding without scaling back other settings but the 25% increase from 2560x1440 to 3200x1800 isn't bad either, would be nice if VSR wasn't limited to only certain resolutions as a full on 100% increase of 5120x2880 would be pretty nice for older, less demanding games but for now that will have to be done in DirectX 9 only via GeDoSaTo.

EDIT: Although one downside with using a higher screen res is that for this game content is streaming in much slower so not every texture is in full detail and some of the models are a bit scaled down too, VRAM limitation mostly.
    (Downsampling helps negate the temporal AA blur though which is pretty useful as temporal AA is enforced for this game and even with supersampling scaling it's a bit blurry.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  6. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    [​IMG]

Survarium

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Sorry to be off topic, but I know you guys will know....I have also posted in the VC thread..

Will the GTX970 handle most of today's games at 1920 X 1080

Looking for a birthday gift for my son.

thanks for any info and I hope I have not offended anybody for asking this on this thread.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    r9 390.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NFS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Absolutely no issue with setting maximum but AA in 2x or 4x only for newer games.

I got no issue in laptop model 970M, I am pretty sure desktop 970 can did much better.

The only games I can't maintain 30fps is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt which around 29fps to 30fps.

No issue in others games include Rise of Tomb Raider which can maintain around 35fps using VAXO or 45fps using HBAO+

Remember I am using laptop mobile 970M, not the desktop 970. If desktop 970 can't get decent output in 1080p, something must be very wrong.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    At 30fps for some though. I have an overclocked GTX970 and i7 3770 and some games struggle for 30fps when maxed out at 1080p

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Rise of the tomb raider + reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sunset
    what are you doing with reshade, sorry but FC Primal and TR looks bad with it -_-

#on topic
    RIFT,
    can't wait for patch 3.6 so they finally implement proper multithreaded rendering, see gpu usage and fps - it needs it badly :nerd:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  17. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Sunset that looks ridiculous. Everything is blurred right in front of her!

18. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Kingdom Come - Deliverance (beta)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

g_showhud 1/0
    cl_fov X (I use 60 - 65 usually, vertical FOV.)
    r_supersampling 2 (Looks great, kills framerate though ha ha.)

20. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    it s DOF do you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.