1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Was hoping they would port over the console version improvements for the game to PC but that update didn't happen, need to check that and see what it was again but I think they improved and tweaked a couple of things, also not bad for UE3 even if the engine for this game is probably not as customized as some of the other games running on it.

Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Hmm, normal maps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz

exactly my thought, i never liked this minecraft style, BUT with the advanced effects, as you say, it is something totaly different..minimal but stylish..

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  4. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Far Cry 5
    [​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just about done with this now, only a few more side missions and it'll all be wrapped up.

Exploring the map now and collecting any missed objects and what not, these woods up to the north part of the map are filled with abandoned camp sites, crashed wrecks and even two school buses and well...a toilet.
    (Also a cabin, there's not many quests left but this might have been unused for some cut stuff or it's just random clutter meant to make the player think a bit or possibly some reference to something.)
    [​IMG]
    (Yeah I took a screenshot of a toilet, find interesting discovery, press button and done.)

EDIT: As for the story well the missions were entertaining but I kinda like Aiden more than Marcus but Watch_Dogs 2 does improve on some aspects of the previous game, exploring is really fun since the environments and locations are pretty varied so there's a ton of different sight from landmarks to little details such as street art or just characters doing things since the game world feels quite alive.

There's even little nature areas like the above and a couple of interior locations but these aren't too common.
    Going to be fun to see if they'll be making a third game and what will be set in and feature, aside from the game being quite demanding it's worked pretty well so far but mostly doing a few missions and shorter sessions since it has a chance of crashing although from what I've read up on it seems they've improved on this compared to at launch even if it's still a bit crash prone.

Now to wrap this up and then well, some game. :D

EDIT: And one more.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Which in-game looks something like this.
    https://abload.de/img/test1mmq77.jpg

Then in SpecialK one set of shaders is used for the UI like so.

(And yeah every separate UI element in the game has it's own little shader it seems.)

The X ones here are basically just disabled, first one is a glare effect but while it removes the photo mode scratches on the phone screen it also removes the sun glare effect, second one is the hacker-vision or having the game in full-bright mode without the overlay and the third is the normal map effect used on the previous images.

And these from another file affect the SSR and tone map which together is what creates the screenshot taken. :)

Toggled as such through the main ini file by simply calling these two other files as a on/off switch of sorts.

It's a bit bulky, it takes time to set up but I like what can be achieved.

https://abload.de/img/test25vr31.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/test3aiug6.jpg

Of course the default visuals are fine too but it's fun to experiment although since this manipulates (Well, toggles.) existing shaders result vary from game to game and usually I just try to toggle the UI elements. :D

EDIT: And that's a wrap, and well that's not the best explanation but that's why the screenshots are a bit different and yeah using SK for stripping out the UI elements heh well it works and it can have some interesting effects depending on what shaders the game has plus just toggling off undesired shaders when possible.
    (Sometimes games combine multiple effects such as the glare here resulting in the sun being weaker and not just removing the scratch overlay when using the phone for photo mode in the game.)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    i m waiting for yor screen boy……...:D

7. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    AC-Origins 8K & Reshade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Susahamat likes this.
  8. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Unreal Engine 4 Debug Console and more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Susahamat likes this.
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  10. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Huh a follow up to Steins;Gate? Interesting.

EDIT: Not too much in terms of screenshots at the moment, went through The Hunter Call of the Wild for a bit but the game truly shines once you get high-level downsampling going on those vegetation textures and such, without that it's impressive but not quite the same.
    (2x2 or 4x at a min so 2560x1440 -> 5120x2880 or doubling and good-bye framerate! Which well that's just unavoidable pushing millions more pixels really especially in newer games not to account for shaders and other things.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Nice Jonas you just described downsampling in any game ever, sigh.)

EDIT: And yeah trying to use a time stop option via CE to freeze the animals for up close shots well it kinda compacted them a bit thus...this. :D

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Really interesting stuff. While the Steins;Gate was linear, Steins;Gate 0 isn't. There are branches within branches and the routes can be radically different. So far I've completed two routes (the outcome in first was absolute failure though).

14. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Far Cry 5 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

signex and Susahamat like this.
  15. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    RYSE SON OF ROME (ULTRAWIDE)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    any idea to fix random stutter ryse son of rome ? tried using cvar sys_highrestimer=1 doesn't helped at all

Last edited: May 21, 2018

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    No idea.
    I bought the game, and once I discovered I couldn't remap controls... refunded it.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Farcry 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    Cities Skylines