1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    LOD fix for FC5, where and how do I get this pray tell...

airbud7 likes this.
  2. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hattiwattis Cinematic Tools. Keep it running and checked. Follow it instructions to avoid problems

airbud7 and big ROBOT bill like this.
  3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Thanks friend :)

airbud7 likes this.
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    SpaceKombat :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

airbud7 and jaggerwild like this.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    GOW

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Daddy Kratos can still rip and tear with the best of them I suppose, just not some of the other stuff because Junior doesn't want to wait outside while Kratos is busy "talking" to Freya, Hel and the others. :p
    (Think this was set in the Norse mythology but there's a distinct lack of deity slaying going by some posts about the game so far but I suppose the sequel or DLC will see to that, because of course it'll probably leave things open enough for these things.)

EDIT: Meanwhile in Shadow of War.

[​IMG]

(Every single update and they add some new filter or effect to the photo mode, cel being a interesting one for this one.)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  8. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Far Cry 5 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.
  9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    A little blurry this last screenshot, but looks great

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    A "little" blurry? Lol, that guy just blurs the shizzle out of every game.

I'm guessing he would consider this to be amazing image quality !

[​IMG]

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Hehehhehe

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    NecroVisioN...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Really is a REALLY fun game.
    Strange... very strange. But fun.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah Farm51, ex developers coming from Painkiller I believe so the story is a bit strange but the shooting is solid and there's a pretty good variety of weapons and other tricks while doing combos and finding all sorts of secrets.
    There's a second game too acting as a prequel story of sorts, bit shorter in length from what I remember.

Overall a pretty solid title especially compared to some of the other shoot-em-ups of those years ha ha.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah. It's been years since I've played it... so reinstalled it and I'm glad I did.

But, The Farm51 recently announced their new upcoming game. A survival horror FPS set in Chernobyl. This made me want to revisit some of their past titles.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I think I heard about that, should have checked the developers then because that sounds like it could be pretty fun. :)

And Watch_Dogs 2 for the current candidate for backlog clearing heh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using SpecialK to toggle the fog shader and I also found most of the UI elements though the photo mode phone scratches also toggles part of the glare effect.
    Ended up finding shaders affecting the tone map too for whatever reason but they added a nice little golden hue though it worked better for the beach shot than the car wash..which was also photo bombed by a passing NPC.
    (It might not have the budget of Grand Theft Auto but they sure made the city alive or at least feeling alive and reactive even more so than the first game.)

EDIT: NPC's are also *very* temperamental in this game, using photo mode will see them pose, act or outright threaten if they're just in the vicinity so it can be tricky using this as a camera tool without having to run or get a huge fight going.
    (Which also happens between NPC's such as two gang members having a shootout, a NPC calls for ambulance and said ambulance rams another car trying to reach the downed character and now there's a all out brawl going on...)

For NVIDIA I think the game has Ansel support and there might be other camera tools but I'm not sure how compatible they are with the latest version of the game though it's been a while since Ubisoft discontinued further support now so it should still work. :)

The game was patched up fairly well but it does a number on HDD activity by a heavy amount of read and writes for some reason and it's also really crash prone to the point where it's more likely the game will crash after a few hours than it won't during all sorts of situations (Shooting being a very common one whether it's player or NPC's doing it.) so that's unfortunate that it was never fully addressed before work on any further patches were halted.

EDIT: Hmm the composition of that second image is a mess, cluttered and far too busy with no real focal point though I found it a interesting moment in the game and it was something I hadn't seen before, the way they scrub the car was quite a fun sight too in addition to the dancing and cheering from nearby NPC's acting on the little scene as it played out.

But the image itself could be better, well at least I recognize so somewhat improving although I still mostly prefer taking mostly standard gameplay shots though with elements such as the UI and if possible player characters being hidden or out of view. :)
    (Aliasing will always be a concern and with temporal involved there's a issue of ghosting and blurriness as the downside to comparably cheaper anti-aliasing and reducing jaggies which really harm overall image quality though blurriness can be a close second here in addition to effects such as chromatic aberration or depth of field if unfocused or low-res.)

It's a fun little scene and something I hadn't seen before at all but it needs improvements far as capturing is concerned though there's more to see in the game and the main story is barely even started yet.
    (At least unlike Wildlands there's not a small marathon for every now zone to hunt all intel and then all collectibles from said intel before doing the actual missions ha ha.)

EDIT: The inventive way to scrub the car clean is a interesting one too but would probably scratch the paint quite badly.
    (Even if two of the NPC's are down to the underwear but blocked by other characters such as the photobomber or the image would veer way into NSFW territory ha ha.)
    (Not as badly as surprise streakers or casual nudists of which there's also quite a few in the game and probably in the actual city the game is recreating though with a number of changes from what I've read.)

Last edited: May 12, 2018

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    God of War

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    Boy!

kx11 likes this.
  18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    First steps with MagicaVoxel, an voxel based creation engine with renderer... Really nice software and its also OpenSource :)

some of my creations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Behold, the "Bulp" :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overload!!

[​IMG]

and a Circuitboard?!?!?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AsiJu and JonasBeckman like this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I like the simpler voxel shapes combined with the advanced effects and rendering. Always enjoyed these little demo scene videos as well that despite their small size could be quite advanced packed with effect and incredibly stylish. :)

EDIT: Well I've never been all that good with explanations but I like what I'm seeing. :)

BetA likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Continuing my The Farm51 playthrough...

Deadfall Adventures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This really is a damn good looking game.
    But... dear lord... the voice acting and dialog are SO bad. So bad.

Also, the character models look goofy as hell in cutscenes. Their arms are too short, and they don't seem to have any actual shoulders. So, their stumpy little arms constantly clip into their bodies...
    The only character whose arms are proportionate to their body... is the female character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.