1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dynasty Warriors 9

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mods are Visual V, NVR and GTA V Remastered which adds more objects, lite and heavy version shown. Also buggy and doesn't cover whole map.

3. Gregorez

Gregorez Member Guru

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
  4. Gregorez

Gregorez Member Guru

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG]
    The northern wilds, beautiful area but the constant cultist and wildlife spawns get very tedious after a while.

[​IMG]
    Unmarked grave, there's a lot of these little unmarked locations to discover though they often do not have much of value but make for nice discoveries.

[​IMG]
    For this image I just liked how the lighting and shadow worked with the scene, some tweaks are done to shadow resolution but it's not a big increase over the default settings.

[​IMG]
    The photo technique used for texture detail works really well for environments, props and such and especially up close however well a texture pack would help.

[​IMG]
    One of many cultist strongholds and they usually have iconic images of the various family members, one of the rare photos of Papa Cultist wearing a shirt!

[​IMG]
    Each of the three regions offer something unique, each of the cult leaders of the regions is also quite a unique individual although John seem the most grounded and realistic of the three.

[​IMG]
    Geothermal springs, made for some nice change of scenery finding this place, swarming with cultists of course much like all other major landmark locations.

[​IMG]
    One of the fields Faith tends to favor for her bliss flowers, getting too close fills the image with various distorting effects however so this had to suffice.

[​IMG]
    The northern wilds against, hunting for bear asses for yet another fetch quest of which there's a lot in-between actual plot missions. -> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwentyBearAsses

[​IMG]
    The water effects in the game are quite impressive, not quite as awe inspiring as Assassin's Creed Origins but still really good looking though there's often not much to find by exploring the underwater itself aside from drowning quickly.

[​IMG]
    This is the new flamethrower from today's start of what I assume will be weekly challenges, burn 20 animals without using flamethrowers or molotovs and then 50k in total for the community but that's been hit already for a black cult outfit.

[​IMG]
    Apple farm of the rural valley region, had to take a break here as I got marked again and no time for a lengthy (forced!) story mission getting plot shot in the arse and teleported to the head of the cult for the region and some lengthy speech.

OnnA likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Assassin's Creed Origins

Curse of the Pharaohs

[​IMG]
    Die, dog! (Or something like that.)
    (Dither, dog! :p )

[​IMG]
    MASSIVE DAMAGE! (Or some such, I don't really know where the giant weakpoint is on a scorpion. Heh. )
    (And Bayek is either really happy or that's some quite unfortunate geometry stretching going on there...)

(Part of the leg model actually but yeah, oops. :D )

EDIT: Ah I should add spoiler tags just in case since this DLC is still relatively recent and this is a bit elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dynasty Warriors 9

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FFXV

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

First, Great pics.

Second, I really like the little captions you put on your shots. Adds a little more to it.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Thanks!

For the screenshots I enjoy trying to capture interesting game moments or just showing the game in general and with recent interest from developers with additions such as photo modes this is now much easier although with Origins here and for a number of other titles there's also third party utilities via https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/releases that allows even greater camera control since the default is locked to a very close area around Bayek and it also brings some additional options. (And there's also Hatt1Watti with Frostbite engine games as another example and the cinematic suite of tools for that and for a few other games.)

I have not used these much at all myself though and Origins here will probably see another patch in a few days too since UPlay was updated earlier today with the new control panel for the game but it's not going to be active until the next update.

For the captions, well mostly puns unless I'm trying to explain tweaks or utilities used with the game, improving a bit with both these and the screenshots in general though it depends on what you want to go for, some people can spend hours setting up scenes and then settings from shaders and camera to framing and positioning whereas I mainly stay close to standard gameplay shots but if possible with the UI elements removed for a clearer view.
    (Aliasing and certain shader effects being a bit of a issue but not too much I can do about these most of the time, dither here is a cheap way of doing transparency effects but it glitches easily for example.)

I'm looking forward to seeing what games will look like in a few years, Assassin's Creed Origins here is a good showcase though it is fairly conservative with memory usage and gameplay wise it's a bit of a departure (Not bad though, just different.) so I've also been meaning to eventually replay the series from the start but that's maybe for once the existing backlog is trimmed down a bit or at least the bigger games taking up the most space.
    (The Ezio trio of games in particular are some I really remember enjoying and the first game wasn't too bad but they refined and improved the gameplay a lot in the sequel.)

EDIT: Final Fantasy 15 seen in many of the recent posts following the games release also deserves a mention, engine and overall development might not have been the smoothest but they really put in some work in it, reflections and water might be prone to glitches but lighting and the scale of it all is really impressive even if it's a bit of a different game compared to most of the other Final Fantasy mainline titles.

EDIT: Assassin's Creed Origins - Curse of the Pharaoh's
    (I'll wrap this up one of these days. :D )

[​IMG]
    That's one way to squeeze a sneeze.

[​IMG]
    Field of reeds. (Unfortunately the ground textures here appear to have given up the ghost as well.)

[​IMG]
    Missing something there Bayek?

[​IMG]
    There's a pollen joke here somewhere but I'm mostly fascinated with the blood flying around like little ribbons.
    (Achoo I guess.)

[​IMG]
    For this image I tried getting a overview of one of the areas in this new DLC but the fog blocks much of the view.
    (Makes for a pretty nice atmosphere though and the dim lights and lotus flowers adds a bit to the image too.)

[​IMG]
    Lil'Tuts temple of bling, just about everything is gold or gold inlaid or gold decorated or gold covered in some way.

[​IMG]
    So, you sure you don't want to move a bit?
    (Guess he doesn't give a...oh yeah it's not a duck.)

[​IMG]
    Shiny!
    (So is this where one should take a moment to reflect on things? Ah that was terrible.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  10. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma RPCS3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Assassin's Creed Origins

[Images Deleted.]

Wrapping things up with the discovery mode, would have been fun to have this expanded to the DLC areas too but I can understand them not doing that, might have been a separate team too doing much of the work on this and before the DLC's were finalized.
    Next? Well May should see Dark Souls 1 Remastered released, Prepare to Die at 60 FPS edition. :p
    (And not from falling down ladders, through the geometry or the durability glitch of DS2 before that got patched, hopefully. Ha ha.)

EDIT: The theater of Cyrene.
    https://farm1.staticflickr.com/788/27448177368_f80451c15c_o.jpg

EDIT: Hmm is there something else to say about these, well it's mostly the usual.
    The game has such a variety of scenery that it's very hard to just stick to a few screenshots and there's interesting sights almost everywhere and with modern visual fidelity the game looks very realistic although still a bit stylized.

The two DLC areas adds even more interesting locations, characters and situations plus the well crafted regions themselves and of course cutscenes although I try to steer away a bit from these and going for more direct captures.

Photo tools such as free camera movement and no restrictions on range really help too, it's amazing to zoom around the entire game world in a few seconds and seeing how it all just slowly loads in and out, engine is amazing tech wise or at least from my own experiences though I'm not the most technical personal so there's probably some flaws I'm missing too. :)

CPU usage is pretty heavy though even with GPU usage just about maxed out at 95 - 99% constantly although it IS a good thing that the hardware is seeing full use but RAM and VRAM is a bit low, high-res texture pack could definitively have improved terrain and some of the smaller clutter items though outside of free camera the player is unlikely to fully notice these, maybe in cutscenes and up close for some character details.
    (LOD could also be pushed a bit further out but it's better than in the previous games in most cases plus the game world is far larger even if it's not as dense as say Paris was in Unity though Alexandria in particular is a really impressive city also.)

Bit better hardware and that would counteract the blurriness of temporal AA which while really good also hides some of the finer detail due to said blur, 1.5x to 2x resolution and that would probably go really well to counter this and also increase clarity and sharpness a bit further in addition to near 100% aliasing removal.

Bit of fine tuning with ReShade rather than just SMAA and deband could also touch up things a little bit, LUT's perhaps and maybe a few other shaders but I have not done much tweaking at all with these aside from just using SpecialK's ReShade build and working with the games UI and shader systems.
    (ReShade 3.1.2 is just fine as well though, should have no issues with the game.)

EDIT: While I'm not that good at Egyptian mythology and lore and then language and writing or the older history I've heard Ubisoft's artists and researches really put in some work in the Hieroglyphs and other detailing to where it's even possible to read much of the script found on objects and such, would be interesting if that holds true for the DLC as well such as the big temple in Hidden Ones and a few places here and there in Curse of the Pharaohs.

And having finished the tourist mode and it's various audio and visual tours that was a interesting showcase too plus the passive AI and many of the staged reactions such as the drama play I took a quick snapshot of also works really well for screenshot opportunities though it doesn't extend to the two DLC areas.

EDIT: Which well I think the one other game I can think of that has this amount of detail and attention (Actually more.) would be Witcher 3, taking into account soil and plant properties and then water and then it's done for several distinctly different regions and the Heart of Stone and Blood & Wine regions as well.
    (Game is aging a bit but that attention to detail is amazing although most won't really think about it but that also works really well as it's just there and doing what it should having realistic representation of how the world would sort-of look like and work from anything from flora and fauna to water and architecture and man-made structures.)

Not that there's anything wrong with having spectacular modern, fantasy or sci-fi showcases either of course.
    (Going from what looks like one theme park area to another built around the player or how to put it.)

EDIT: All images deleted, Flickr sold to SmugMug so I choose to have the account deleted.
    (And if things against all odds turns out to actually be good I can just re-create the account once the deal finalizes May 25th.)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    AsiJu, _rock_ and Death_LV like this.
  12. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  14. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Unity's Adam 2 demo is out.[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Brutal Doom v21 :)
    (@ GZDoom 3.3.1 w/ hires texture pack)​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Just checked Unity page, some interesting stuff going on there..

Book of the dead has some really nice visuals too.

SameOldx2 likes this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    A few pics I captured of my custom skins in GTS as well as some other nice race images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First win with the Ironman Porsche

[​IMG]

18. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
  19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    The pagination is a bit buggy here... 117 is missing.
    EDIT: I think I found the issue...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Down Bowman, heh of all the unbalanced and crazed characters your own handler stands above the rest by quite a wide margin.)

[​IMG]
    (There could have been a caption here but there's enough ball jokes in the game already, though the entire story is a bit nutty really. ω)

[​IMG]

EDIT: Looks like temporal anti-aliasing in this game cleans up aliasing pretty well but as usual the downside is a bit of blur and even ghosting particularly noticeable at lower framerate which yeah those trees look all messed up as a result, oops.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

So that's a stealth mission huh, ha ha. Well I suppose for what this game can do it's something to that effect at least.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.