1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    It looks good and outdated at the same time, weird. :D

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    It looks like all Far cry's to me..

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Final Fantasy XV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG][/url] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Still mostly exploring, the very short LOD distance makes for a problem when trying to take more expansive view captures but outside of snapping screenshots the game itself is still a solid shooter although not without flaws, cultist spawn just about everywhere and especially on open roads which is fun but only the first few dozen times ha ha, at least I got to try out the flamethrower a bit and yeah, it's a flamethrower. :p

6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Final Fantasy XV + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    maybe coincidence?
    syfy show channel zero last season was about a cult family which name was Peaches, and one of the people that helped end the cult did Taxidermy.......

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Ubisoft tends to do their research so chances are they could have used it for inspiration, there's likely a lot of references for people who are actively looking for them. :)
    Old lady Mabele here at the taxidermy station is apparently the meanest old lady in the region and Peaches is her pet kitty and the cultists around the area are going to be missing certain appendages from the sounds of it heh.

Found a case in a shelf called Blood Dragon 2: Love Revengeance too but it's not really a confirmation of that coming out anytime soon and I've probably missed several other real life and fictional references from movies and books and probably some of Ubisoft's own games and shout-outs to other titles. :D

Fun game, cultists popping up like wack-a-mole whenever you are on the road is a bit of a hassle at times especially when all the wild animals and the civilian population decide to join in though I think the game is trying to deter players and staying in the forests and such until they're geared up for taking the doomsday cult head on.

EDIT: Hmm screenshots.

Assassin's Creed Origins - Curse of the Pharaohs

[​IMG]

Meeting up with the priestess.
    (It only took a good number of hours to loot the entire region ha ha.)

Wonder if a toggle for the weapon models could work, bows and shield mainly but more might be possible.
    (And dat dithering...heh well can't do anything about that unfortunately.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled

FFXV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    FFXV looks so nice but I just can't get past it looking like a video game about a korean boy band's drug induced road-trip xD

signex likes this.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    yeah i think it's more like a boy band simulator :p

the story is quite good when you finish the DLCs you learn a lot about their backgrounds , one of the best FF games in a long time

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Dynasty Warriors 9

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Minor tweaks to LOD via config file editing, higher is possible though curiously enough the world map sees a pretty noticeable performance drop compared to the rest of the game. :D
    gamerprofile.xml
    (Sticking the settings in between the end of the customquality and before the end of the renderprofile group.)
    (0.5 should be the default for LODScale on ultra, 1.0 for the others I think although the actual graphicsconfigdefault.xml which has these in it can't be extracted yet from the .fat/.dat archives until a newer unpacker is available so digging through the Dunia Engine .dll file is how this was done though it's a bit slow due to the file being so large.)

Grass and Clusters up to something like 5.0 should show a significant decrease in view distance for vegetation foliage and grass foliage in particular and then reversing this down to 0.1 pushes it a little bit further out instead.
    (KillLODScale under 0.5 starts impacting the performance a bit, seems to be for various objects and clutter in general, LOD for terrain and then vegetation and grass for the other two respectively.)

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Where do you find that config file ?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    C:\Users\Jonas\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 5\gamerprofile.xml :)
    (Jonas being my username in this example here so it will differ for you based on account name for the OS.)

It's very similar to how the tweaks for Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 worked, in fact it's just about identical but the settings are a bit different and until a file unpacker becomes available it's hard to say what the defaults are since all I can dig up is the text strings themselves.
    Any in-game change that writes to gamerprofile.xml such as toggling interface options will also remove any added sections so configuring the game as you want and then setting the file as read-only can help.

I mainly focused on LOD for now as it's one of the weaker areas visually although 0.1 is about the best you can get so it's a bit limited, lower could work but I remember it causing glitches in previous games.
    (Ultra is also already pretty high in terms of engine and max values for some of these settings but there's room for some fine tuning and then hopefully a texture pack can resolve some of the low-res texture assets in the game.)

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Hi Jonas, do you have to add those values manually in the xml file? I did not find them. Can you please be more specific?

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Sorry about that.

It looks like this to quote part of the config file:

The bolded part is indeed added manually.

Which is very similar to Far Cry 2, 3, Blood Dragon, 4 and Primal. :)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/135512931355019138/

Though since there's no unpacker for the new .dat/.fat file format here yet (There's a way to get a file list though.) I've been resorting to digging into the .dll file the game engine uses and getting the strings for the various settings through that but it's pretty time consuming and not the most elegant solution to go through a few hundred MB's worth of text ha ha.

It kinda looks like this once the text strings have been dumped:

Change the Kill LOD scale.
    KillLodScale
    Change the LOD scale.
    LodScale
    Change the clusters LOD scale.
    ClustersLodScale
    Change the grass clusters LOD scale.
    GrassClustersLodScale

(Helpful of them to have a description there of these settings.)

Which is then applied to the game via the existing .xml file and applying what is essentially overrides to the various groups so if geometry is at ultrahigh then the id for the override would be ultrahigh too.

Ni No Kuni 2 screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Thank you so much! :)
    You've been very helpful, as always. I'll give them a try.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It should be very easy to tell by setting the two cluster ones to something like 5.0 and then grass and vegetation should fade out and pop in just next to the characters feet, set it to 0.5 instead or lower and the distance is extended. :)
    Makes it very easy to compare though if it's similar to the previous games then ultra-high is already using a value of 0.5 for most of these as far as I remember at least and the extended view is not that big though there' some difference and it's not too performance heavy though lower such as 0.01 might be. :)

For KillLODScale in particular setting a very low value here seems to really affect the framerate on the overview map screen of all places though lowering it a bit might be possible without hitting sub-30 framerates, I'm guessing it controls the majority of the misc assets and props so that explains the FPS hit from reducing it even further.

EDIT: Biggest impact would probably be from a texture pack though, the assets in the game are pretty low res though the terrain does look quite organic but up close it's kinda blurry.

For 6 GB and above GPU's it would be a pretty significant improvement depending on what they might add higher-res assets for. Maybe not every single little prop and clutter item but architecture, terrain, animals and character models would also see some good improvements in detail.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Dragam1337 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.