1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    If you try the usual cvar for Cry-Engine e_ViewDistRatioVegetation (Default is 50, Ultra is usually around 100) the game should say something about how the cvar isn't valid or can't be found.
    (Autocomplete via tab should also give nothing whereas the other view dist cvars all still exist.)

e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist
    e_MergedMeshesLodRatio

Instead these two seem to control LOD for vegetation detail.
    (Default for these is 1, Ultra I think extends LOD ratio to 1.5)

The UberLOD might also have some impact on vegetation but it also controls a lot more. (Several thousand objects or around thereabout.)

e_UberlodDistanceRatio
    (Default for this is 3, there's two WH_ cvars for uber LOD too but I haven't looked into this category much at all yet, there's also bubble LOD as a experimental setting but it's disabled and enabling it doesn't seem to do anything.)

EDIT: These should all take effect immediately (Uberlod might have some additional e_uberlod cvar to activate or update if needed before it changes.) so it's easy to find a grassy area or similar ideally with a long view distance and then try a couple of different combinations.

I recommend starting with ? as that will show the current value similar to if there was no value at all and it will also give a description of the cvar and then it's easy enough to find a combination you prefer. :)

There is also e_lods but that's going to kill framerate and possibly crash the display driver if you disable the LOD system entirely so I would not recommend it.
    (e_lodratio can be used to fine tune it instead.)

EDIT: And I guess the Nexus site for mods might have some ready made presets too balancing visuals and performance a bit for something that can just be used immediately without any additional tweaking. :)
    (Usually these aren't too bad.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    [​IMG] Updated with new reply.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Xanvast, Dragam1337 and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Uber LOD has a active or update setting to reload it during runtime so you can adjust it more easily, that also shows how many objects are affected by it when it re-initializes. :) (Which during the prologue part when the game started that was about 4400 objects or so.)

EDIT: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet (All the JRPG's on Steam, well it's not a quirky VN at least hah!)
    [​IMG]
    (Ah the character creator, my one problem since Oblivion and trying to make something that look like it'd fit in the game world which I guess worked better here than Oblivion "Press random and hope for the best." system ha ha.)

[​IMG]
    (Ye olde childhood friend, she likes guns. Be afraid I guess. :p )

[​IMG]
    (Ye olde plot mac-guffin, companion in a can.)

[​IMG]
    (Absolutely not a light saber, honest.)

[​IMG]
    (Of course the characters from the actual series and original media would wipe the floor with the new characters.)

[​IMG]
    (Go plot powers, also go lengthy forced tutorial sequence explaining everything over and over again and again.)

[​IMG]
    (That one dude that attempted to introduce a glowing phallic object to your face but is now your best buddy.)

[​IMG]
    (Ye olde fan service and probably some future obstacle or plot boss encounter.)
    (This being anime game and all that's obviously where all the ammo is, I know that much at least so she's not running out bullets ever. :D )

(Course not like an AI has to worry about things such as ammunition count regardless of game...)
    (Or accuracy.)

EDIT: And Kingdom Come really nails that natural look instead of going for fancy shaders or post-process effects although there's some of it but it's also very down to earth or how to say, no additional sharpening, chromatic aberration, color filters or tone mapping into different spectra or how it's called.

Looks good too of course, character models and animations could perhaps use with some tweaking for a eventual sequel but not bad for a Kickstarter project on limited funds. :)

Still had some private financing and investors but still less than what a publisher backed AA or AAA developer would have, think it's around 10 - 15 million all in all though it could have been more, I'm not entirely sure what the final cost figure landed on.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB GTR

5. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
  6. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
  7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    [​IMG]

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
  9. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Kingdom Come Deliverance + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jonnyboy likes this.
  10. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - RS 3.x.x - Nvidia Ansel SR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Jonnyboy likes this.

11. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB GTR
  12. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Whenever I see Wildlands screenshots, I get the feeling it's a nature / hiking simulator... With guns. :p

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    From someone who's been trying to wrap up the game at long last yeah there's a lot of walking involved that's for certain and the sprint upgrade that lets you run forever also helps since cars are not very controllable and that leaves helicopters. And dozens of SAM sites. :p

You can survive a crash from a decent height though as long as the wreckage doesn't totally explode and there's parachutes as well but slowly gliding into a enemy stronghold doesn't end well most of the time.
    (Tier 1 in particular ensures the accuracy of even basic low tier cartel members is pinpoint and one or two bullets kill so when Meek the Mook pulls out twin UZI's well you're kinda dead ha ha.)

Nice initial view of the TurfX effects too, massive framerate hit though if the GPU isn't strong enough to handle the additional workload from more patches of vegetation which is also self-shadowed (This is expensive.) and has physics. (This is also expensive.)
    Nowhere near as bad as stuff like PCSS (Which is really costly even for NVIDIA GPU's but the tech is pretty far ahead of other shadow techniques and then HFTS pushes both compute cost and image quality another step forward.) though still a bit costly but it's an interesting thing to see in-game for stuff we're likely not to see as a standard in games for years to come.

(Even more so for PCSS and HFTS of course but vegetation isn't cheap either and full physics and shading or shadows is not something you see often even in newer games.)

EDIT: Mission design gets repetitive and almost tedious at times but the game has some really vast scenery and a huge game world but it's very much filler stuff and collectibles plus the actual missions often have you go for the longest routes possible heh or so it feels like. (Get the target to the safe house, this safe house in the corner of the current region not the safe house next to the mission area itself.)

(And instant spawning enemies and the unidad troops or a random rebel showing up to "help" and everything goes bad because the enemy is now alerted and in combat.)

14. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maken likes this.
  15. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Yeah agreed but coop is the most fun.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    [​IMG]
    All of this cost me be sitting at 25 / 30 fps most of the time =/ but i like the game.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Kingdom Come Deliverance (Beta build.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Crashed periodically so it's uninstalled now but log_verbosity=1 and then a_ "TAB" b_ "TAB" and so on from A to Z (And again for e_ and r_ specifically.) between the beta and full game and then a comparison of the logged improvised console cvar dump shows that it's not down to changes in the cvars themselves (There's more in the full game, overall settings are also higher owning to a ultra preset beyond v.high too.) so it's mostly down to shaders, assets and the level file itself and it's time of day and related settings though file encryption prevents checking these in more detail for the beta build. :)
    (Will be interesting to see if they release a level editor, full game isn't really bad or anything beyond the bugs and hopefully 1.3 solves some of the worst ones though more patches will likely be needed.)

Assassin's Creed Origin's - Discovery Tour

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The first-person perspective puts a interesting up-close view on the game world outside of using the photo camera and it's quirks (Removing certain shader effects and pausing everything plus it's also range restricted.) although as that last image somewhat highlights there's a very short view distance from the full LOD object and the reduction in detail to texture and geometry complexity. (Mainly seen on the necklace here on the kitty statuette.)

BetA likes this.
  17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Needs more FF15 demo shots.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I've been viewing some of them on other sites and it looks pretty good although not too different from the console version aside from being able to play at a higher resolution (And 60+ FPS support too for playing the game.), I'm just going to skip the demo though and probably going to wait for the first content addition post the Windows Edition release date too and having the a bit closer to completion although it was extended by another year so the remaining three content packs (Rumored to be two characters and two areas.) and who knows what sort of additions from patches well that won't be until mid-2019 before that's all done.

Thankfully you can replay chapters at will now since a earlier content update and the DLC are mostly for after the main story anyway and even spoil events if played out of order though so does the benchmark and actually the demo too due to the inclusion of a story heavy promo trailer for the game.

For my own plans though the 100 GB game (And extra 50 GB 4k asset pack.) will have to wait a little while as the existing backlog is somewhat reduced first ha ha.
    A newer GPU wouldn't be bad either but that's also 2019 territory now it seems.

EDIT: There's a few tweaks here and there to the games visuals I guess although view distance and LOD is still not the best so pop-in and such is a thing even on PC though yeah 60 to 120 FPS support, up to 8k resolution support and then much faster load times and as a extra there's a few NVIDIA GameWorks effects too. :)
    (Full 1920x1080 res isn't bad already and above that the game holds up pretty well visually though the temporal AA is a tad blurry.)

Dithering on transparent objects such as hair and the odd looking screen-space reflective water surfaces as well but overall it's mostly minor nitpicking, games been in development since at least 2009 too although it was quite a different title back then originally.

Full game should be a interesting screenshot experience getting to the other areas and then modding might up open the restricted or cut content a little bit at least if the DLC season 2 content isn't going to do much about it which well there's a few leaked details but unconfirmed so we'll see I guess.
    (Also something from the games lengthy development process, a ton of cut content ranging from entire areas and story details to characters and more, still managed to get turned into a game but the launch version was a bit rough.)

EDIT: And Kingslaive the separate movie is somewhat of a stand-alone prologue and filler for the early game chapters too, bit disconnected but four bros ride around in a car and kill stuff (And eat stuff.) on a road trip journey works anyway ha ha.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Fallout 4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The Witcher 3 with Reshade+SweetFX