The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands

[​IMG]
    Super stealthy tailing mission.

[​IMG]
    Super stealthy base recon.

[​IMG]
    Uncovering the fog of war from the map, figures there'd be heavy fog in the actual region too. (And SAM sites of course, yay.)

[​IMG]
    Of course the "non-lethal" takedown is a swift kick. Figures what with everything in the game being about "cohones" ha ha.

[​IMG]
    Game gets repetitive after a while but the varied regions are interesting at least, from the deserts and snow fields to swamp and woodland.

Done with the security part of the cartel, three more to go and then the epilogue Fallen Ghosts thing too where things get even more crazy.

EDIT: And yeah temporal AA in this game has a somewhat more noticeable blurring effect on the image, downsampling would be interesting but VRAM usage is already a bit over 5 GB and FPS drops a bit as the game goes on as a result of that even with some of the NVIDIA effects disabled. (TurfFX mostly.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Agents of Mayhem:

[​IMG]

Nothing special here, toggled the UI shader but it's a pretty standard screenshot other than that.
    (Performance is a bit so-so but it has some fancy visuals such as reflections and particle effects, humors a bit silly at times but eh it works and it's a pretty standard shooter game plus Volition and in line with Saints Row 3 and 4 in that regard.)

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

[​IMG]

For this though after digging around a bit more I did find the shader used on skin on characters so I set it as wireframe. Not quite the same glitch as that one bug in AC Unity but still a good find. Heh.

EDIT:
    As for setup and such, not too much to it.

[​IMG]
    (Screenshot showing the SpecialK GUI and the shader tool.)

I use SpecialK for a few options it allows for which includes a shader viewer which can also pause and wireframe shaders, hotkeys were also introduced a while back and it now works via a custom version of ReShade too for passing through UI elements for example.

So find the shader, wireframe it and done pretty much.
    (The above effect is for a fish-eye distortion of a camera lens such as when using the binoculars, skin shader was a bonus and mostly for fun but it's entertaining to experiment though some games get a bit crash prone if you disable certain effects so it takes a bit of testing to find what works and what should be left alone.)

And yeah ~ 30 FPS if even that, not too surprisingly for this game ha ha.
    [​IMG]
    (Not really a screenshot so it gets the spoiler tag, it's a test from TechPowerUp and framerate figures for a few GPU's including the Fury X though done at 1920x1080 but still pretty poor results although likely using near max settings.)

EDIT: For NVIDIA GPU's you don't really need to go about things this way as I believe both games here support Ansel but I'm also using it for fun and some games have effects that aren't really all that good (Chromatic aberration wohoo!) so those are a good candidate for the disable function.

And UI elements, other tools allow more precise editing of the shaders themselves such as 3D Migoto but this works well enough for my uses without being too complex although sometimes you have to get a bit more in-depth if the shader in particular also controls other effects. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    BetA likes this.

5. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
  6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Assassin's Creed Origins + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JonasBeckman and Death_LV like this.
  7. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    It's known these days that the statues made by the ancient Greeks were painted. The myth of the white marble statue has been debunked. I wonder why Ubi's developers haven't picked up on this, and decided to go with white statues nonetheless. I'd be very interested in a lifelike 3D environment (like Origin's) with painted statues: it's an image we rarely get to see.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The major temples have painted statues along with painted wall mosaic and other little details so there's some of these but yeah the common ones you see elsewhere tend to be blank.

I guess it's mostly a asset question where there's these three or four statue variants used everywhere and then Alexandria itself is mostly using white with some details having paint on them so perhaps a aesthetics decisions though the game series does take a few liberties with both historical events and certain other facts of course though Ubisoft tends to do a lot of research too and then adapt it to work within their game setting.
    (All the pyramids having piles of treasure in them whereas by the time the game takes place it seems like almost all of the major ones had been long since robbed completely clean since they're I think it's actually over a 1000 years old or more.)

EDIT:
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance

[​IMG]
    Idyllic village, probably soon to be idyllic village on fire far as these games tend to go.

The other images:
    [​IMG]
    It's good to be the king I guess, ha ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the family, old dad here is already getting creative.

[​IMG]
    Some guy guarding the castle, he kinda looks a bit out of it, boredom I guess.
    (*STAAARE*)

[​IMG]
    Drunken master, I threw him in the house after beating him unconscious and leveled up some hand to hand and combat skills away from the guards but he escaped in a unguarded moment.
    (Read, I left the area so he reset back to his original position, got a decent amount of training from him though. :p )

[​IMG]
    Your bros, back then tossing crap on someone wasn't done through social media.
    (Said guy was a bit unhappy about how his house was now a bit less pristine white.)

[​IMG]
    And more village life, I don't think I can leave until the plot allows for and a small injury is messing with the vision a bit here. Need to get proficient with the combat system too.

Game has a debug console and binding the HUD toggle wasn't a problem, external Cry-Engine debug console tool helps a bit too since the in-game one is a bit unresponsive for whatever reason but it's almost entirely unlocked though the cheat cvars are restricted as usal. Hah.
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4615/39530050114_6fb2fd6bd1_o.jpg
    (The preset settings were a bit different than the usual 0 - 4 and also accounts for PS4 and XBoxOne so it's 0 to 7 instead here.)

(Or something like 0 - custom, 1 - low, 2 - medium, 3 - high, 4 -very high, 5 - ps4, 6 -xbox one, 7 -ultra)
    (I need to check that a bit better.)

Agents of Mayhem

[​IMG]
    Shiny city of the future.

The other images:

[​IMG]
    Figures Wildlands wouldn't be the only game with a lot of ball humor.
    (I'll be back to that eventually.)

[​IMG]
    The planetarium, one exhibit running constantly and of course it's that planet. Heh.

EDIT: Thoughts and comments.

For Kingdom Come the first image was mostly for humor and the next three images features characters and a bit of dialogue I found funny though it works as a example of close up detail and as pointed out also how the animations can be a bit stiff or rigid but for the budget they had it's not too badly done considering costs and such involved with facial motion capture works.

The now non-spoiler tagged "showcase" images is a good example of how the game looks like in general although the g_showhud 1 and g_showhud 0 commands were used to get rid of that (Though it didn't work for the black bars during cutscenes.) so that's why I moved that out.

Then the fight image is hindered a by well there's motion blur for one thing but also drunken master himself here cracking skulls (And nuts.) with ease and the tried and true strategy of backpedaling and waiting for stamina to regenerate and hoping the hidden martial arts master here won't knee you Hotshots 2 style before you can recover enough to fumble in enough hits to knocking him out.
    (And throwing him into your house for some advanced training lessons because those skills and levels might be useful at one point no matter how you earned them...)

Last image could have worked but since the drunken martial arts champion cracked my dudes skull I'm still waiting for the apples and cheese I stole to regrow the missing bits of skull so there's some red-screen effect due to that hampering image quality.
    (Serious Fist of the North Star contender here, Yata-Yata-Yata-Yata and so on, never letting up and just keeps punching ha ha.)

For Agents of Mayhem it shows the city of South Korea and Seoul in all it's shininess and futuristic style. PCSS+ had to go though because I'll take 30 frames over slightly softer shadows for now and NVIDIA's volumetric god-rays requires CUDA support to enable.
    (HFTS is available but also needs the hardware for it plus it's even more demanding than PCSS+)

HBAO+ is on though since from comparing there's a 2 - 3 FPS drop in most games I've tested it with so it can stay for now.

Stuttering and lengthy load times zooming back and forth to the Ark is a bigger issue though and still a problem even after several patches.

For the other two images that's the grand temple and a statue within the inner regions there and mostly Johnny Gat idling in the planetary observatory while the announcer goes on and on about Uranus and it's pronounced just as you'd expect for each and every fact presented for said planet heh.

It's a bit stylized and I disabled the outlines (Oh noes!) but it still physically based though the game itself is a fairly repetitive third person shooter mostly saved by me liking crude humor and cheap jokes whereas the actual missions tend to get very repetitive very quickly doing the same few tasks over and over until you get to the bigger boss missions.

For both of these games the main issue with the screenshots is primarily aliasing IE the usual problem I suppose, r_antialiasingmode=3 is used on Kingdom Come to get SMAA T2X working but it has some ghosting as a result and there's a overall blurriness though it does limit aliasing to some degree.

For Kingdom Come that's just ReShade SMAA, games offers FXAA and then some custom TXAA which even works on AMD GPU's but it's very, very blurry so it had to go though the downside is that there's noticeable aliasing on a few objects.

KC : D already runs at close to 25 FPS if not lower so downsampling isn't happening though dropping the settings might happen once I've compared the actual settings for each preset a bit more and can decide on a custom set of cvars.

AoM is around 30 - 35 though it drops steadily as the game goes on and resource load increases.

Not much I can do about it for now though and it's not too bothersome for me personally while actually playing the games but for static screenshots aliasing is unfortunately very noticeable.

Will be fun to see Kingdom Come in native 4k and above though and how it can look although from what I'm hearing even the 1080Ti is getting hit a bit though dropping shaders or shadows one notch isn't doing too much overall for visual quality since the changes can be pretty subtle despite being very taxing. :)

And I guess the game could do with another patch or two too, there's been worse launches too however and it's a ambitious game but another month or two wouldn't have hurt.
    (But on that note nobody deserves to see another Ultima IX far as release quality goes, not that that's the only one though and there's probably worse still even if it's up there on the list of worst releases of all time.)

EDIT: Well that's a lot of text again, mostly just some extra commentary though heh. Let's just use the tag for that too and that makes it easy to scroll through. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    _rock_ and AsiJu like this.
  9. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Kingdom Come Deliverance[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AsiJu and JonasBeckman like this.
  10. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Kingdom Come Deliverance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AsiJu and JonasBeckman like this.

11. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Depth buffer makes for some surprisingly clean images sometimes, quite a interesting view. Game had it's moments but I don't think I'm going to replay it anytime soon but Frostbite is holding up pretty despite giving Bioware quite some problems during development under EA's insistence of using it on everything hah well the game certainly looks good as a result.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~ Alcohol! ~ :p

Well not quite, and surely nothing bad could happen from trying to impress the lady of this castle with tales of Harry's valor of being able to run really, really fast.
    I saved someone though in the process, almost got completely trashed as a result because lock-on combat when you're trying to free is going to be a problem in a 10 vs 1 fight ha ha.

EDIT: Night certainly is dark in this game, this is going to be a fun little situation I'm sure.

Tried keeping the image count down a bit but I liked the initial shot of the scene between these two during a lengthy conversation, then there's the close-up and detail to Harry's face who's seen better days followed by a shot of the lady looking through the window which works to highlight that nights in this game are dark indeed and then a surprising little grin which shows the cutscene animations can be surprisingly good at least between what I'm guessing are more important NPC's and well old man here though I don't think his face is quite done loading in and then Harry or Henry or whoever trying to pull himself out of bed.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  13. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    kingdom come deliverance + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AsiJu and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Kingdom Come Deliverance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragam1337, AsiJu and LocoDiceGR like this.
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    @TonyTurbo Awesome graphics, this game have potential.

Also i didnt know you are also here. (I see you in another forum ;) )

TonyTurbo likes this.

16. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Assassin's Creed Origins + my Marvel Studios poster-style shaders mod :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    can you share the file or file location?

18. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    kingdom come deliverance + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Kingdom Come - Deliverance : Beta (2016)

The full version ain't bad and it runs better (Lot more stable too as it turns out!) but I wanted to compared and it's still available so.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next up? Maybe getting into a town without a crash, might not be possible but might as well try a few more times. Ha ha.
    (Not getting lost in a forest area at near single digit framerate might yield some more non-forest images too even if they do look nice and dense.)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.