1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    Dude, i feel lonely down there...
    (dont mind me head missing, but someone had to take the screen) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

greetings

JonasBeckman and AsiJu like this.
  2. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Assassin's Creed: Origins

[​IMG]

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Final Fantasy 12 - Zodiac HD

SpecialK was used to toggle off the UI elements via it's shader viewer functionality, tried toggling Vaan too but he's shared by other actors so instead I toggled all of them and made these five environmental focused images.
    Not a huge fan of the Gaussian filtering on the textures and upscaling used although it's better than FF:Typ0 "HD" and the port quality overall is showing Square Enix is improving from earlier PC releases so that's nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/url] [​IMG]
    Sixth and last image kept the actors since I like the art choices in this game for characters such as Moogle's here, will be interesting to see what awaits later in the game.
    Also wow at the game actually hitting the GPU's set thermal limit of 85 degrees Celsius after a while, need to check how that happened since it's not very common even in games such as Wildlands or Assassin's Creed Unity...speaking of that.

(Oh and yeah thermal limit meaning that's when the fan ramps up to full speed, not GPU goes super-critical, VRM's would be nice and toasty around 100 - 110 though but they can take it, they like pain I guess seeing how they're rated for up to 150 degrees or some such crazy value though you'd want them a bit below that if at all possible heh. But yeah I think the difference was some 20 - 30 degrees far as I remember reading up about.)

(Some GPU's enjoy it more than others though and the card components literally scream with joy, commonly called coil whine but you know they're loving it because it commonly only happens when the card is running full speed.)

Anyways less weird hardware facts of dubious validity and...

Assassin's Creed Unity

Mostly a quick cleanup of some side quests so nothing special for these two images, tried backing with a horse cart and well, don't ha ha.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Also noticed the arrows for that precision / sniper bow are kinda large, unfortunately the image quality goes down because Bayed is in one area way off and then Vulpes Asshatius here (Hate these dudes.) is off in the distance so the visuals with the camera is one or two LOD levels down so yeah not too pretty but yeah big arrow ha ha. (Noticed the trail when I cleaned up some outposts so I spent some time shooting these Roman legionaries in various places. :D (LOD level gets in the way in terms of image quality though so most of them were ultimately discarded.)

EDIT: On a more serious note though it IS weird to have these newest and most advanced games and the GPU just running all nice and cool and then comes this port of a game from 2006 with some shader effects slapped on and now the GPU is maxed out?

Eh might figure that out eventually, some ports are just weird like that . :D

EDIT: Hmm I wonder if it's the ambient occlusion shader in the game being all ineffective, well something to try eventually I guess and it's not a big deal that the GPU fan spins up as temps are still under control. :)
    (Just that it takes more than the set 40% fan speed for it and that AMD's driver ramps it up near max until it's down under said threshold again but still something to mess with I suppose though it might be something completely unrelated or just the game profile itself being a bit weird in these 18.2.1 drivers where one was added for the game.)

Well, back to trying to wrap up some of these games I suppose, Kingdom Come comes out in a week though I'm not so sure on some of the mechanics but eh should be enjoyable once past the initial learning curve.
    (Claymore versus platemail, more banging than in a modern Bioware RPG...CLANG, CLANG, CLANG oh the layered armor system is going to require a one-of-each approach to weapons won't it.)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Super Mario 64 - Reshade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Fallout 4

Click for larger image

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Middle Earth - Shadow of War

Technically Blade of Galadriel but it takes place in the exact same areas and there's just some more quests to do and well you do play as this elf instead but she's pretty much Talion but with some additional skills.
    (Still can't navigate obstacles very well either but that's more on the game in general, well time to clean up Mordor, again.)

So mostly just messing with the photo mode as usual.
    [​IMG]

Super-smug Galadriel, now that's a first I think.

[​IMG]

Photo mode is still working and they've expanded on it's features yet again.

[​IMG]

Such as expressions.

[​IMG]

And then using SpecialK it's possible to use the shader viewer and toggle some stuff, probably shouldn't have toggled off that hood though.
    (SpecialK has other areas of use and this is a pretty minor one but it's one I really like using for messing around with games.)

[​IMG]

Combine with the photo mode.

[​IMG]

And players now have the tools to do truly do terrible things to the game. Ha ha.

EDIT: Mostly just fooling around of course, the Steam screenshot section probably has some genuinely good uses of the photo mode besides players turning it into some parody / comedy although much of that is on WB in the first place I suppose.
    (Postcards, really?)

EDIT: Also if the photo mode isn't toggling that's because the game is using either a full out CGI scene such as the intro or it's a in-engine but still pre-rendered cutscene which both the main game and the DLC has a fondness for, once it does toggle you're fully in-game again.

EDIT: More images.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Going full Saints Row now with series ha ha.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    SOTC remake

[​IMG]

pedropaulo likes this.
  8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    SOCT, what a great game. Any changes in the gameplay, or just the new graphics?

9. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Lords Of The Fallen - ReShade (+ extra shaders) - Freecam Tool​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Scully likes this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    a lot of changes , it feels more like modern open world game but it's damn empty

Jonnyboy likes this.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Destiny 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_rock_ likes this.
  12. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
  13. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    What game is that, Scully? The style looks like Skyrim, but maybe heavily modded?

14. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    The PS2 version was empty too. At first i missed the interaction on an open world, but as the game and story progressed this emptiness became a glorious and emotional heavy part of the game.
    For me SOCT is one of the best games ever, and the review for the remake do say that they were able to keep that way.

Did you play the original?

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Shadow of the Colossus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    played it when it came out and through the years almost 20 times through several versions.

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    And your thoughts on this remake?
    It might be the game that makes me buy a PS4

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    F.E.A.R. 2: Project ORIGIN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love this game. It gets a lot of hate from "fans" of FEAR... but, I really don't think it's justified.

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Looks like Dragon Age Inquisition.

20. Scully

Scully Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
    It is indeed Dragon Age: Inquisition.

It's one of my favorites to screenshot :)

I do have a couple mods that change some appearances though, which is nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.