1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    More STALKER...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StewieTech likes this.
  3. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    More STALKER is always welcome:)

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Been years since I've played it... figured was a good time to revisit it.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    The new version of Lost Alpha is coming out soon I believe although the original game holds up pretty well even without additional mods. (The unofficial patch for it would be recommended though.)
    Shame THQ rushed it but since it's been in development since almost 2002 if not before (First as a different game entirely.) with multiple leaked alpha builds during development it would probably have been another Duke Nukem Forever if they hadn't stepped in and set a deadline.

Build 1159 as I think it's called showcases some of what the original vision was ranging from controllable vehicles to realistic weapon names and several additional areas (Some in a pretty rough shape though.) plus a more active A-life and hazardous environmental conditions though some of this then got added through Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. :)

X-Ray itself while initially single-core and then somewhat updated for dual-core support also showcased several early graphical features including fully dynamic lighting and shadows, parallax mapping, wind and vegetation and also persistent AI though in different online and offline states for when actors where off the current map.

Though some of the 3d models and textures were kinda dated having remained unchanged for years but overall definitively a impressive technical showcase for 2006, when it was stable. :)
    (CS then added a early DX10 API render and then also added HBAO and HDAO support, god-rays and some other tech and Pripyat added in DX11 though a bit buggy and error prone with some additional tech such as tessellation though it was a bit wonky on character models as I remember.)

I think the sequel is actually still in development by the remainder of GSC but not much has been heard about it since the developers initially entered bankruptcy after Call of Pripyat was released and development has slowed down a bit. (Kinda similar to what happened to Unsacred and Ascaron as a spiritual sequel to Sacred and Sacred 2 come to think of it.) though some devs including one of the major engine programmers ended up at 4A and then they made the Metro games. :)
    (Kinda somewhat following the books of the same name.)

Going to be interesting to see what Metro 2035 will be able to offer, going full open is going to be a challenge for example but the game is still a ways off aside from a initial reveal and some smaller info released about it since.

EDIT: This military character model isn't hard to recognize.
    http://www.ag.ru/games/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-shadow-of-chernobyl/screenshots/22328

Back when the OICW looked a bit more futuristic and a minigun was among the weapons the player had access to.
    Surprised Ag.Ru is still up and running actually, used it years ago for it's plethora of screenshot media but it hasn't been updated in a few years now I believe.

EDIT: Or The Witcher pre-Geralt being added to the story and being made the main character.
    http://www.ag.ru/games/witcher/screenshots/52443
    (There was also a entirely different Witcher game before that but it never got released.)

These day's though media is more selectively released instead of releasing a ton of screenshots throughout a games development phase so it's a careful selection of screens and artwork and video is probably the major trend now plus a rise in early access for popular Youtube and/or Twitch streamers.

Yay for getting older I guess, few years from now and floppy drivers will probably be found in tech museums as something along the lines of early primitive portable storage media ha ha.
    ("Hey those used to be state of the art!")

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I dont think Metro will be fully open, at least not like Stalker. I read that Stalker 2 is still a possibility, but for now the creator, or the owner of the games rights, is taking some time do live a normal life.
    Fine by me, all 3 Stalker games are great, i think CS is the uglier one of the brothers, but still fun to play:)

7. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  8. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Origins - Hidden Ones

[​IMG]

Hate these guys, thankfully they're pretty rare both in the main game and here mostly sticking to the tougher forts.
    EDIT: Positioning could have been better, just stumbled upon the guy and tried to get a fire arrow off ha ha.

[​IMG]

Just a bit of combat, mostly roman soldiers in this DLC but there's some bandits and a few other types too.
    EDIT: This one isn't too bad, blood effect is a bit messy but overall it's OK.

[​IMG]

Exploring, uncovering vantage points and such stuff. DLC wasn't that big size-wise but there's a few hours worth of content for the main story and then a bit more for the side quest content.
    EDIT: Leap of faith and the default free cam is a bit hard to use what with distance restrictions, hard to get a good overview image without using additional utilities.

[​IMG]

The higher level animals can get almost ridiculously big, nice source of materials though which you might require for the new upgrade tiers for the accessory items. (Higher level cap too, 45 in this and 55 in the next DLC.)
    EDIT: Bayek is a bit too close but the crocodile did that lunge attack though on the other hand I got a pretty fun image out of it with that wide open mouth.

[​IMG]

One of the cutscenes, tried avoiding spoilers but wanted to get one of these in at least. As usual the lighting and such is a bit above the standard game in terms of quality though that's often the case in games I suppose.
    EDIT: Not too much to say about this one, cinematics are really good looking but I'm trying to move away from them and going for more regular game shots.
    (Also don't want to spoil anything with the story, had to remove a few shots due to that.)

EDIT: Overall image quality is a bit fussy, downsampling would help to clean up some of that but the framerate is already in the 30's most of the time so there's no real headroom to go up to 3840x2160 and since that's where AMD VSR caps out at for this GPU plus how it's just 1.5x and not a full 2.0x overall the image is cleaned up a bit but not as good as it could be. (3840x2160 is more than this GPU can handle in newer games though, 2560x1440 is already pushing it due to hardware limitations but it's doing OK for now though 60 FPS is unachievable without dropping a lot of settings down.)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Death_LV and _rock_ like this.
  10. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Mafia III
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    dshramek likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Assassin's Creed Origins
    [​IMG]

A small island off the coastline and a boat to clear on the quest to tidy up any remaining map markers and quests in this region and get...

[​IMG]

Peed on? Well if you want a opportune assassination opening you do have to wait a bit while all the other guards turn away.
    (Though the screaming from being stabbed and thrown off the ledge would realistically alert anyone in the vicinity plus Bayek goes right for the center target so that would definitively be loud ha ha.)

[​IMG]

Off the boat and exploring the coastline, the dusk / soon-to-be night lighting adds a bit of atmosphere to the ruins.

[​IMG]

A cave painting showing what I assume is some religious origin myth, I remember reading that Ubisoft actually studied and ensured the hieroglyph text could be translated and read but I haven't attempted to check if that's true for the DLC too.
    (That obelisk in the main temple might have some interesting things if so, there's a mass of glyphs though but perhaps it is possible to translate into something.)

[​IMG]

Deconstruction, I like the foggier and "heavier" weather and lighting in this particular town area, tends to be more overcast than sunny for some reason plus the fog or dust also covering much of the players viewing field.

[​IMG]

Though there are more untouched zones too further into the actual town area even if much is roman encampments and work sites. Overall the DLC area isn't big but there's a lot of discoveries to be made as players explore the new region.

Next up? I think it's the museum mode or tour guide mode or what it was called in mid-February and then the more mythical valley of the dead in March.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Ghost Recon - Wildlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Killed EAC and messed around with the games shaders through SpecialK all to take a screenshot of a fountain ha ha, well it does make the drone suitable for selfies too I suppose although it's not the most easily controllable device. :D
    [​IMG]
    Fountain looked impressive when I first found it but on closer inspection there's texture seams from a rough UV mapping, geometry has holes in it and the overall poly count is really low for the wolf and eagle piece on top of it.
    Game has aged a bit I guess, time to wrap up another one from the backlog or well eventually I guess since it's going to take a bit of time to clear the area map. Big place after all ha ha.

EDIT: For Nvidia GPU users it should have ANSEL support though making these alterations a bit less needed though I enjoy tinkering and seeing what works.

EDIT: Though the sheer size and scale of the game world is still impressive.
    [​IMG]
    Though it does occasionally get a bit repetitive and doing the same mission types trying to take out all the cartel leaders while collecting bits such as medals (skill points.) weapons and weapon parts and enough supplies such as food, oil and medicine to rival the biggest corporations in the world and then the entire "Tier" grind added in one of the patches though granted that one is optional but the rewards are pretty good.

Game has it's good points but also it's bad points, there's been plenty of written posts and articles on the AI, repetitive mission design and so on though it makes for a very good showcase for screenshots even if the visuals are not quite on par with the newest titles. :)

Patches and the developers trying to fix and improve several areas of the game has also helped, performance has also improved a bit along with this and there's more side content such as a certain crossover and also player vs. player mode which is what the latest three updates have been target at updating but they do fix other things too.

Nice to see Ubisoft reviving and keeping games such as Division, Rainbow Six, For Honor and Wildlands (And Assassin's Creed Origins but it's still pretty new.) active and updated when they could have ended support after the usual 4 - 6 month period if not sooner if sales were lacking.
    (Though the Vivendi takeover situation probably shook them up a bit too and there's the usual gaming as a service thing with continued paid content and micro-transaction as well.)

EDIT: Additional images, Llamas, pipelines and that event mission.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: And some more screenshots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one turned out pretty well, rest are mostly environmental screenshots.
    [​IMG]

Downsampling is the main thing that is lacking and would help offset the temporal AA smoothing effect or blurriness of the image but it's not as bad when the game actually running though a still image has a more noticeable effect and that blur effect is affecting overall quality more strongly.

Or how to say, I'm just blowing up the country for democracy and liberation or something like that ha ha.
    (Story is, well it's pretty forgettable though the characters are interesting even if they're kinda brief outside of the briefing videos.)

EDIT: In effect it's best seen as a b-action movie taking everything to extremes, makes for some simple entertainment (In short burst at least.) but try not to take anything too seriously. Though I suppose this isn't very uncommon for entertainment in general whether it's literature, movies or games. :)

A drug gang somehow takes over a entire country and corrupts everything even spinning it in a positive light by having their own take on religion and by going through social media? And then it's up to four dudes to fix the entire country with little to no help. (And as long as it gets done it doesn't matter how, though that particular part might not be too far-fetched.)

Hah I wonder how Watch_Dogs 2 will end up, if I ever get through the game that is.
    And AC Origins and then Far Cry 5 after that. Just keep shooting I guess. Good for screenshots too and video game logic is not something you try to explain or argue after all ha ha.
    (It can still be really fun and it's not like anyone really expected different for this game after the initial videos and info.)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Elite Dangerous: Horizons/Beyond

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Rottr - Dishonored 2 - Watch_Dogs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Metroid Prime 1 - Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Final Fantasy XV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    -Subnautica-

[WiP]BeTa-ReShade-Captain_Nemo

Just some random screens i did...
    Of course this is only my "making screenshots" ReShade preset, im not playing like this, haha
    DoF, HDP Tonemapping, diffuse glow and Hollywood LUT are only enabled when making artsy screens..
    Rest is sharpening, magic bloom, FXAA, Deband and Levels..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings Humans

AsiJu likes this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    BetA which ReShade version do you use?

I couldn't get ReShade to work (properly) with Subnautica when I last tried it. Granted that was still EA days for the game.

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    using the latest 3.1.1, but i had to flip the depth buffer.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thanks, also very nice screenshots! As if taken from a documentary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.