The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The Evil Within 2

All the horror tropes.
    (It's a good shooter though, runs better than I had expected also.)

[​IMG] So two agents walk into a bar.. [​IMG] Is it too much to ask for a chainsaw arm and sawn-off? [​IMG] Another damn Albert Wesker wannabe, guess I'm calling you Prince Albert. [​IMG] How appropriate that you get flushed into the experience, it really hit the fan huh. [​IMG] And you're going to turn out to be something like the final boss aren't you? [​IMG] Time to hit the happy-fun VR experience again, wasn't enough in the hospital huh? [​IMG] Well something certainly blew his mind, all over the place too it would seem. [​IMG] Well whoops, looks like I ended up in one of Capcom's old mansion buildings. [​IMG] Well that's a thing, we're in Silent Hill now? [​IMG] And a creepy looking woman, of course, well at least you're not a little girl so you can't be too dangerous. [​IMG] A nice quiet forest path, and a body, more loot I guess. [​IMG] Horrible as that probably tastes the clipping is worse, and that arm is all kinds of wrong. [​IMG] Actually nevermind the arm I guess, well it's not barb-wire at least but some necrotic fluids, yay. [​IMG] That's a new one for a health station utility. [​IMG] Backtracking? Ha ha, [bleep] your back tracking, hope you didn't need those items!

Well time to shoot some more zombies and collect all the green brain goo for upgrade points!

And all the other supplies, well it's not all out Dead Rising I guess - sequels in particular. - but yeah time to clean out the town.
    (Survival horror? Yeah for the pseudo-zombies perhaps, Sebastian is about to go Doom-guy on these hostiles.)

EDIT: Well it's a more modern horror game I suppose, but if enemies drop stuff of course it needs to be collected. :D

Speaking of that it's time to collect some more helmets soon once Wolfenstein New Colossus comes out, can never have too many of those it would seem. Ha ha.

Rip & Tear I guess whether it's orcs, undead or nazis.

...Or Egyptian deities, wonder if Bast is in there.
    (Ra, Horus, Seth, Osiris and probably some more, apparently the early assassin's were a bit more powerful than the later generations who only retained their visions and terrible fashion sense.)

(Course it's probably just evil-templar-order turned EA tampering with the Animus again...)

EDIT: What else am I missing? Elex probably and if it ever comes down in price I suppose World-War 2 history as told by Activision might make for some hours of fun shooter gameplay.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    wow that does seam like silent hill lol

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I think they're borrowing a bit of some some of the aesthetics from Resident Evil and Silent Hill for some of these locations and probably also some of the creatures you encounter throughout the game.
    Shinji Mikami had a role in the early Capcom horror games with Resident Evil 1 through 4 and perhaps some of their other series so he has a lot of experience with horror games, I do remember reading he took on a smaller role for Evil Within 2 though.

EDIT:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami

Yeah the first Evil Within should have been the last one he was directly directing for.

EDIT: Well inspired by I guess is a better term, not like Pyramid Head and his nurse team is suddenly going to pop out but still, well there was Box/Safe-head in the first game I suppose so you never know. :D
    (Bit less fog here but the town and the earth quakes do resemble the first Silent Hill a bit now that I think about it but only a bit.)

EDIT: And I guess that particular scene early on well I might not be the only one finding it resembling Resident Evil 7 heh.

Well nothing wrong with a reference or nod or shout-out to some of these games, just don't copy too much.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  4. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    I loved the Twin Peaks Easter Egg in the beginning

5. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    The Evil Within 2 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_rock_ likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Lord of the Rings - Shadow of Mordor 2 - Shadow of War
    (Well I guess it's just Shadows of War really, bit lengthy otherwise ha ha.)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And that's Shadow of War all wrapped up (Without any screens from the ending as to not spoil that bit.) and all done with for now, it kinda fell apart near the end with little focus or structure on the story rather than just having the player jumping from one area to the next doing whatever small mission became available and that grind for the "true" ending was not worth it though eh overall it's a decent hack & slash experience I suppose and the orcs are fun.

EDIT: And yeah it just looks like a random fortress battle but that's pretty much what the entire epilogue consists of, ten waves of about 25 - 30 fortress defense missions in total though it's "optional" if you want to bother with it or not.
    (It starts on it's own immediately but there's no timer or anything so you don't have to jump into it until ready, or ever.)

EDIT: Meh don't really need the silly comments, perhaps when I'm less tired so it doesn't get too dumb ha ha.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  7. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    The Evil Within 2 - Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Some ED Horizons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    The Evil Within 2 - Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Middle-earth: Shadow of War

[​IMG]

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    South Park - The Fractured But Whole.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Yeah that's Snowdrop alright, ha ha well it might just be a temporary issue, yeah as if but at least there's no aliasing~ .)

EDIT:
    So that's the shader responsible for the poor framerate it would seem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wireframe mode. :D

And it's not just a vertex or pixel shader, it's something else although disabling the shader also disables most of everything else thus the framerate boost, but what's actually causing the drop itself. Well it's not too bad at ~30 FPS but perhaps it'll be possible to track down the issue a bit better and find the cause of it.

Since unfortunately there's some side effects to straight up disabling the shader so that's not going to work as a solution.
    ("some" Yeah that's putting it mildly.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    BetA likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Evil Within 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Elex
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: I guess it's supposed to be a cop car but it looks like two flowers making out while Sebastian is doing something in the garden, there's even a watering can and a butterfly so how it could it not be two flower pollinating. :p

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    The Evil Within 2
    Downsampled from 2k
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Middle Earth : Shadow of War

[​IMG]

_rock_ likes this.
  15. Cosworth

Cosworth Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760

16. _rock_

_rock_ Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Elex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    ME : Shadow of War

[​IMG]

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    And here I thought that bard I had captured turned a the fortress into some gold palace, that's nothing compared to the above image, guessing those are Marauders.
    (So a Marauder bard? Wonder if that combination exists at all.)

ELEX:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Disabling depth of field made the more distant terrain visible, though it makes the game look a bit rough and even more dated than it is but wow at the size of the game world and the way it's built plus mixing technology and fantasy like this, really impressive. :D
    (But yeah visually it's a bit rough even with tweaks, Genome engine is getting a bit old now but PB is still doing their own thing with it so it should be really fun to explore it more thoroughly.)

And as seen in the images from _rock_ two posts up the game has some moments where it can look pretty impressive too, getting rid of aliasing via downsampling (Or resolution scaling which the game supports.) definitively looks like it helps.

BetA and _rock_ like this.
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090

this is the ice kingdom (whatever they call it ) it's the 2nd map you should invade after the one near the ocean

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Ah so it's random then, the fortress of that winter map was guarded by a Olok-hai (The half trolls.) who was a defender type I believe. As if these enemies didn't have enough heath and defense already.
    I took that map last though, the volcano area looked more fun but yeah the enemies were upper-30's when I went there with my own character around level 25 so it took some time before I could invade the place, thankfully the AI is pretty easily exploited so I only needed two captains that dealt with the fodder enemies while I took out the defense points and then the warlord.

EDIT: Or perhaps I'm mixing it up with another fortress, I don't remember it being all gilded up though but more spikes and such as if it was controlled by a warrior or tank type orc.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.