The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #26 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Elder Scrolls Online

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <- The return of the naked Nords of Morrowind, heh.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://postimg.org/image/wbrx67jkv/
    http://postimg.org/image/3oowwej8f/
    http://postimg.org/image/4cxrfchy7/
    http://postimg.org/image/wflqmgp27/
    http://postimg.org/image/3r8sj8mvz/

Finally finished up everything in the previous regions and now it's on to Shadowfen, unfortunately it's not that different from the Morrowind provinces as it looks very similar although a bit more marshy, heh.

(Well there's Ayleid ruins now and of course it's going to look like a swamp as it's Black Marsh, hopefully ZeniMax can expand the existing regions a bit as there's a couple of bits and pieces here and there that's missing, most of Valenwood is probably the major one but there's only part of Argonia and Elseweyr too followed by a few missing regions of Skyrim and Morrowind, particularly the central area of Vvardenfell itself.)

And yeah some of the terrain / landscape textures could be a bit higher quality and most vegetation is pretty poor looking but it's OK for the most part unless viewed up-close.
    (I guess if one wants to nitpick much of the clutter item are low-res as well.)

If I remember correctly this is using a somewhat more generic MMORPG oriented game engine though from what I've seen so far the developers have done a pretty good job with it and the game although I don't know how things were back when it launched.
    (No stability problems and performance is excellent although there's nothing too demanding in the game besides perhaps the shadows at ultra quality, oh and the DOF effect as seen during conversations is also somewhat pixelated.)

Game also uses desktop resolution to detect in-game maximum so no downsampling unless you apply the downsampling resolution as the current active desktop one but that just makes everything look bad so for now it's SMAA and various amounts of visible aliasing though SMAA does work really well as-is but can't fully fix it without further usage of MSAA (Sadly not supported, maybe it can be forced.) or downsampling.
    ("Hotsampling" where you stretch the resolution via a program like SRWE apparently works though but it will stretch past the monitors view area so it's only for screenshot purposes.)

EDIT: Still while it does seem like I am bashing the game that's not really the case as I am actually really enjoying it and that doesn't really require the graphical features of for example Assassin's Creed: Unity or Dragon Age: Inquisition but here for screenshot purposes the game will look somewhat dated in comparison.
    (Black Desert or what it's called might come to the western market this year though and it does make use of PBR and other newer features although as a Asian MMO it'll probably feature a lot of grinding but I don't actually know much about the game besides some screens I've seen from people playing the beta.)

(That said get the aliasing in ESO sorted out via "8K" downsampling or something crazy like that and use a more proper ReShade/SweetFx preset and things could change a bit, I kinda like the bleaker visuals of this but the original look is pretty good as-is though it's probably possibly to create something even better and much more fitting with further tweaking.)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. Fractacosmic

Fractacosmic New Member

GPU:
    8go
    Jonas: nice screenshots

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  3. MasterVampire

MasterVampire Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN !
  4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Elder Scrolls Online

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shadowfen should be nearly 100% explored now (Vast areas of it does look pretty "samey" with the marshy forest look but there's some few areas that are a bit more unique.) although there's still several locations that haven't been cleared yet with the main quest chain associated with most locations and I like trying to finish up the current area before proceeding to the next one though it does mean you will be slightly over leveled.
    (But since I solo most of the current content it's still fairly well balanced, of course the public dungeons and boss zones plus the Oblivion anchor areas nearly require a few additional players unless you're heavily over-leveled - great rewards though for clearing those.)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015

5. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
  6. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
  7. Tom Yum 72

Tom Yum 72 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    its Crysis....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    May i ask what AA settings you are using ? :)

9. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Pillars of Eternity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

11. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Downsampled from 4k to 1080 and SMAA forced through Radeon Pro (ultra settings) :)

12. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
  13. MasterVampire

MasterVampire Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN !
  14. Limbless1

Limbless1 Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 DC2-3G
    Project Cars

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    As good as those Assetto Corsa shots are Project Cars still wins. Wow to both though. To both of you guys who just posted those - are these settings playable?

16. Limbless1

Limbless1 Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 DC2-3G
    Yes these are real screenshots from my game play, I don't change my settings at all, especially just to take some screenshots.
    so yes these settings are playable indeed. :thumbup:

17. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Both of them have nothing on Driveclub, which is in a different league really.

18. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    These settings on 2x290 crossfire I get around 90fps at 4k + 2x msaa + smaa, anyway I prefer to play with vsync on at 60 fps because I don't like tearing.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The Elder Scrolls: Online

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just about finished with this Shadowfen territory and then it's onwards to Eastmarch and The Rift in Skyrim.
    (Started exploring them a bit already but too low level at the moment to do anything other than running around collecting map locations and the occasional skyshard and lore book.)

EDIT: Oh and no SweetFx adjustments besides SMAA, ReShade was updated to 0.17.0 which includes the new shader framework which combines several shader packs together and I haven't tried adapting the preset I was using to this new layout or how to say.
    (The launcher utility from here is used instead. - http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/ - Increased draw distance and a few smaller tweaks though I kept fog on as the distant LOD terrain is pretty ugly and I briefly tinkered with the setting to force character models to always display at their highest quality but this - as the config file already has a note for. - completely tanks the framerate when there's several players and NPC's together such as in towns and the visual gains are pretty minor for such a big FPS hit.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  20. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Black Desert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status: