1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #25 - Rules update!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    And the second part.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Uses UE3 so GeDoSaTo is fully compatible, can't get any input.ini key bindings working though and the command console is disabled as well unfortunately.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    so far these work

Bindings=(Name="Numpadone",Command="fly")
    Bindings=(Name="Numpadthree",Command="pause")
    Bindings=(Name="Numpadsix",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true")
    Bindings=(Name="Numpadsix",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False")
    Bindings=(Name="Numpadeight",Command="fov 45")
    Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="setres 1920x1080")

just put them in C:\Users\kx11\Documents\My Games\Life Is Strange\LifeIsStrangeGame\Config\LifeIsStrangeInput.ini

fly works but the player model is stuck but you fly around ( not up or down )

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
  4. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Witcher 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    The Evil Within

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Ravens Cry

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Delayed four or five times in addition to the early delays when development started somewhere in 2008 or when it was, TopWare or probably the developers themselves (Reality Pump) seems to have had a couple of problems and it seems their other announced game (Sacrilegium) might take a while before it's released too.

Uses the GRACE engine as with Two Worlds 2, in fact it's so similar that all the console commands (There's a debug console available again.) are nearly entirely identical from TW2 and the engine is still DirectX 10 only so it's a bit dated technically.

Haven't really gotten very far into the game yet, developers rushed to get it released today after numerous delays and the release was a bit botched so I'm waiting to see if any additional updates will come out tonight before starting it earnestly. :)

(To activate debug console commands the cvar "ThisIsGreatGame" or "RavensCryCheats" must be set to 1 but interestingly enough both of these are set to that by default.)

(ThisIsGreatGame and TwoWorldsCheats were actually used back in Two Worlds 1 in 2007 and then in Two Worlds 2 in 2010 and like I said many other cvars were also carried over so it should be pretty easy to modify most of the game although figuring out all of them can take time.)

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    i'll try this game later

Raven's Cry ( 2 gb ? ) and Life is strange got updates today !!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Raven's Cry had a pretty catastrophic launch.

First the release got delayed a couple of extra hours while the developers seem to have rushed to make sure everything was good to go but when it was released they forgot to include the games ".wd" archive files so only the sound assets and the binary files got downloaded thus the initial size being 2.2 GB.

Then it was an additional two hours or so until that problem was fixed which caused the users on the Steam forum to write a large number of negative reviews and when that was finally was fixed it seems they forgot the latest update for the game and some of the voice acting was broken.
    (A 10.6 GB download.)

So a few hours later another update came out and shortly after that there was one last patch (3 GB and 2 GB respectively.) and if that wasn't enough they forgot to add the pre-order bonus items but that seems to have been fixed now as well.

I would guess that Reality Pump or the publisher Topware is having some economical problems and all the delays made it so the game just had to be released now thus all these problems with it's launch.

Voice acting is also pretty poor for the English localization so that might have been a budget issue as well and the game engine doesn't seem to have been updated much at all since Two Worlds 2 thus it's a bit behind technically.

The game has potential but I wonder how much can be fixed now after it's release via patches but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Game itself focuses more on narrative so they no longer use a open world as with Two Worlds / Two Worlds 2 which a lot of people dislike compared to being able to actually sail around freely.
    (More pre-rendered cutscenes too as a result.)

Combat also feels a bit "floaty" with some very flailing animations and little hit feedback when you do connect a hit.

Performance wise as long as you don't enable MSAA it shouldn't be too demanding, as I said it looks pretty similar to Two Worlds 2 from 2011 but for being a older engine they've done a pretty good job with it.

EDIT: Anyway, more screens.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Ravens Cry)

Time 0 - 255 - Sets the time, 0 and 255 is midnight and ~130 or thereabout is around noon.
    ShowInterface 1/0 - Toggles the HUD.
    Graph.DrawHero 1/0 - Toggles the player model.
    Camera.Normal.FOV X (75 default.) - Toggles the standard FOV.

..There's a ton of these for running, for when on the ship, for when in combat, when playing minigames like dice and so on.

Camera.MiniGame.FOV
    Camera.Climb.FOV
    Camera.Ship.FOV
    Camera.PistolCrouch.FOV
    Camera.Pistol.FOV
    Camera.Armed.FOV
    Camera.Crouch.FOV
    Camera.Idle.FOV
    Camera.Normal.FOV

(And then commands for zoom range, X and Y axis and well, a lot more.)

EDIT: Why is there a goat in here that's all dressed up?
    http://postimg.org/image/tuxxzxasf/
    (Well I guess some things are best left unanswered...)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

11. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    The Evil Within

[​IMG]

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  14. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Marcel what are you using with the Witcher 2? looks great.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Metro 2033 Redux

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Raven's Cry

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    you got free camera ?!

18. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Only DPX settings from SweetFX and downsampling.

@Jonas Beckman

It is well optimized?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    The Evil Within

[​IMG]

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Unfortunately everything I've found so far points at the free camera mode being for the editor (Much like with Witcher 2 actually.) however the developers accidentally had the dev version as a available beta opt-in for a few hours when the game first unlocked and that version did include a editor although I have not used it myself so I do not know if it works with this new version of the game.
    (I can send it over if you want to give it a shot but I think Workshop support is a planned feature so they likely will release a newer editor when that launches.)

graph.drawhero 0
    showinterface 0

Those two are what I primarily use, FOV can be adjusted as well as I mentioned in my previous post about the game but there's so many console commands and I don't think there's a good way to provide a dump or other means to grab all of them so I'm going through them one by one via hex editing the game exe and looking up the group names for all cvars.
    (engine.* ec.* interface.* camera.* game.* hero.* graph.* and many more plus of course the actual commands such as ShowInterface or Quit.)

(For Two Worlds 1 I actually copy pasted every single cvar to a .txt file back when I started tinkering with the game, it took several hours and I'm not planning on trying something like that ever again, ha ha.)

The game uses DirectX 10.0 from what I know so MSAA causes a pretty large performance hit (2x and 4x as available options and 4x also allows you to set a sample amount from 1 to 16 but this does not affect framerate so I do not know what it actually does if anything at all.) otherwise it's not very demanding at all though it could probably be better optimized and framerate would be even higher.
    (I don't think the engine is that good with multi-threading and CPU usage but I have not tested this further, it's also 32-bit instead of 64-bit which is getting more common now.)

Downsampling is possible by having the game in windowed mode and just setting the resolution to the desired amount via the settings that are stored under Reality Pump \ Ravens Cry in the registry as with all their games.
    (In-game windowed mode otherwise has a limited resolution to I think 1920x1080 but it can be set higher this way.)

However the mouse cursor doesn't work correctly and the controls become unresponsive (No idea why that happens.) if you use higher than the supported native res.
    (It also causes one hell of a framerate hit even with only 2x MSAA but I guess that's sort-of true for all ~"4K" rendering, heh.)

So that's why there's still very visible aliasing in my screens.
    (ReShade fails to hook with this game, might be something with DirectX 10 or just the "dxgi" hook in general, I wouldn't know but that does eliminate SMAA as well and being DX10 GeDoSaTo is also not an option.)

EDIT: Looks like the developers released another patch.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.