The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #24 - Rules update!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorak

Dorak Member Guru

GPU:
    XXX
    They're the kings when it comes to that stupid ****.

It applies for every single of their games. Not a single one before launch is legit. Not a single one.

2. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Cheers Jim, thanks for the reply.

I agree with that res, it does play smooth (something I've noticed many games handling to my surprise).

I just thought you may have been rendering in 2 or 3 times that because of how sharp it looked.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed:)
    The only game where i didnt mind the things that would normally frustrate me in a game, due to dark souls being difficult but fair.

4. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    fantastic shots.

I for one, cannot seem to be able to remove jaggies from the game.
    4k internal rendering dont do enough and fxaa/smaa dont help much either on top of it.
    If I go with higher internal res, then its start getting kinda pixelated and shimmering gets introduced.

Shame SSAA dont work and cant be forced with ingame aa off. and we cant turn it on with dsfix... All I want from Dark Souls is a postcard!

5. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I think 4K removes any edge jaggies. It's the shimmering on the textures that can't be fixed but that's not AA.

Everyone involved with fixing the look of this game deserves a lot of credit. To me, it's made it playable.

I finished Demon's Souls on PS3 (a better and harder game but just a personal opinion) but by the time I played Dark Souls on PS3, I had a beast PC and suddenly it was looking old and ugly in all of it's low res glory.

So I am glad I can enjoy the game again now.

But shimmering, terrible (unfixable) banding in the sky, really low quality textures here and there can't be unseen unfortunately.

I read an article that stated that Dark Souls 2 was actually a step back in graphics quality for whatever reason, so we'll see how it looks next month.

6. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    Doom³

[​IMG] | [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    @Stein3x

perfect !!!

@ HiCZok

try combine internal res. + downsampling. I use internal 3200x1800 + in_game 3200x1800 (custom resolution from Nvidia Control panel) and very high FXAA from DS FIX.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Dark Souls 2 is still targeting current-gen consoles (Now I guess we should call them something else? previous-gen?) so I guess that even with PC reported as lead platform they are not doing any major changes between PC and console, I guess that if they were to consider doing a next-gen console version it would be updated though.

Anyway maybe the areas are larger and more detailed and thus stuff like LOD and maybe even texture resolution is scaled back a bit to compensate?
    (And since all three versions will probably be near exact minus a few extra options for PC I guess the changes applies even to that version.)

We'll see when it's released, looking forward to playing it, from the screenshots I've seen so far the areas do look more detailed and the impressive vistas are even more beautiful but the terrain texture and object detail is pretty low although armor and monster detail look better now.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I think what you're referring to is called texture aliasing. But I don't see this much at all.

What I do see a lot of is that horrible, horrible banding. Bleeeeegh

Everything I've seen so far points to it looking much better. The lighting alone looks gorgeous. Watch this if you haven't. Blew my mind.

10. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Ahh texture aliasing, you learn something new everyday! :D

And yeah you are right, the lighting looks superb in that video! That settles it then for me, because I think lighting is the single most important aspect of visuals. It can make an average game look amazing or (a lack of real time lighting) can make a generally amazing game look dull.

I wonder if Capcom would consider bring Deep Down to PC, lol. Looks like a next-gen Dark Souls basically.

11. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    amd... no downsampling :(
    And I have oculus rift, so any fiddling with resolutions breaks res on my second screen which is oculus

12. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
  13. OmniShift

OmniShift Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 DCU2 OC
    Sure you can downsample with AMD. The link above didn't work for me though, so if you happen to have the same issue, here's a possible alternative solution:

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Blackguards
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Should be fun, I like Daedalic though I haven't finished many of their adventure games, I usually get stuck and blame it on a bug and then some months later I try again and find this odd item sticking out of the ass of some NPC I forgot about, ha ha.

15. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    wanny put ur whole Fallout game folder on DVDs and sent to me.

or torrent seed it to me.

17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    this.

Really nice pics Wanny, is that Giant Supermutant a custom texture? I don't remember it looking that good. Gotta love millenia's weapons too, I'm running TTW and replaced all of the vanilla one's with his guns. Just waiting for him to release his new M4 so I can replace the assault carbine too.

18. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Dark Souls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    No. Rude. :D

Some recent textures release I think. Unfortunately I don't really support TTW. I just can't work with New Vegas.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  20. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.