The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks RemCo, your help is always greatly appreciated! In fact you have been extremely helpful to the entire community in regards to this game so thanks again! With that said I had no idea about this path you mentioned above (by the Renegade base), obviously I haven't done as much exploring as I thought I did! Before moving on in the game I really wanted to finish everything I could in the swamps along with exploring all the areas there that are accessible.

Plus after reading a few other posts here throughout the thread I'm realizing there are a few different ways to play this game. One member named Smashly mentioned skipping the first trader in Cordon and basically cutting straight through to the forest (doing a few specific things on the way), once you do this your able to pick up a few very important items like weapons and a new suit or artifacts. Once you have done all that stuff you can just make your way back to Cordon and officialy start the game (but this time you have some great items). I bring that up because I didn't even take into consideration playing the game that way!

In anycase the more I play the game the mroe I like it and luckily I've had no major problems since making the switch to Vista 64-bit and install the latest patch (knocks on wood), lol!

2. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Hi guys just got the game I have a big prob I want to play the game in Dx10 but as soon as I set Enhanced Full Dynamic Lighting (DX10) leave the game and come back My mouse can hardly move in in the menu same as ingame so I cant play im using the latest patch.Its fine if I use other setting like Enhanced Full Dynamic Lighting Dx9 but I really wanted to play the game in Dx10.1 .

3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Mehdi,
    Have you installed all the patches yet for the game, if you have not installed them I suggest installing them all. After that try re-setting your ingame settings. It might not make any difference but its worth trying first before doing anything else. Also make sure your using a compatible driver for your 4870X2 (although it sounds like you have already got that taken care of)? Good luck man becauses its worth playing!

4. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Yes im using the latest clear sky patch and the latest ati drivers.

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Then what the heck could the problem be? It sounds kinda like John's problem in that there doesn't seem to be any reason for it! Please keep us posted if you make any headway with the problem mehdi.

6. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    This is beyond untrue. Never say it again. IBT is quick and cheap way of determining CPU stability not system stability. A system that is quite unstable can pass IBT without a problem. IBT is very poor in picking up northbridge, memory instability.

7. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I just bought myself a magazine today and it got a game article about a horror shooter with rpg elements made by people who were also working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the game is called ''Metro 2033''.
    I found this trailer about the game with google so check it out,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPTEfwNobI&feature=related
    It looks a lot like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the article praises the game for its atmosphere:smile:

ps:I also got an 2 weeks trial code for Lord of the Ring-Shadows of Angmar online MMO.
    Anyone that is interested in that just say it and I will pm you the code.

8. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    You know what, Fallout 3 made me realise I was claustrophobic in games
    (only) I like the openness to the extent that it can be performed at this time

9. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Metro 2033 also takes place after a nuclear war like Fallout 3 and it also has different factions underground with all its own ideology like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    There are also ugrading systems and you can trade with bullets instead of money.For example you need an gasmask to go above ground and you can only stay a while because the filters in the gasmask get dirty and wont work anymore but you can buy better filters and gasmasks to stay above ground longer.
    The article also mentioned some really scary moments underground,it is scripted they say but very scary:devil:

10. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    Okay... I'm at the Red Forest and Military Warehouses... I got the artifact for the guy... and he says to go back to the Warehouses... but I have no objective... and there is an objective back at the hangar at Yantar...

I don't know what to do... I just cleaned out the Military place and nothing... I talked to everyone...wtf?

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

I think you have to go the tower to receive the communication.

12. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Thats a bug:bugeye:
    You should get a new mission when you enter the Millitary Wharehouse to talk to the merc leader and he will give you a mission to attack the millitary base with or without Freedom faction.

There are a couple of things you can do,
    Go to the millitary wharehouse and see what happens.(I understand you already did that and it didnt work so you can skip this one)
    Go to the objective in Yantar and see what happens.
    Or load a previous save and maybe the script will continue normally.

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.