The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Hmm, I have the original STALKER user.ltx all tweaked out nicely. I wonder if these tweaks can be carried over to the new game when I buy it. I'm sure there will be new values/parameters as well. I hated the original STALKERS graphics, but after numerous tweaks (thanks to Decane) and some mods, the improvement was dramatic.

2. Jenova_link

Jenova_link Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    i got the first stalker play for about 40min got to the under ground where you see that first monster like creater I kill him but i can't not kill those 4-5 guy on the other room i empty a whole clip on one guy and he still standing he shot me like 2 time and i'm dead....Hell with this ...never look at it again...

3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yeah Jenova that was certainly a bit dissapointing when the game first came out but fortunately there are many mods available to help balance out the gameplay a bit. A great example of this for the original (SOC) is the "Priboi Story" mod. What makes it nice is that you can simply install Stalker SOC, install the patches you want, and then install just this one mod and your good to go for the most part. It fixes many of the gameplay problems and also fixes many bugs and annoyances that the patches didn't fix. Just something to think about as I have tested many many mods for SOC and this was the best for me and the easiest to install. Granted you shouldn't have to install mods just to make a game playable (I understand this) but SOC was such a decent game that I didn't mind taking extra time to try making it work for me so I could enjoy the storyline and graphics.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    that kinda sums up stalker: it's so nice that you'd do everything to get passed the damn bugs xD

And if shooting people is your problem... get a clue, get closer, aim better and out manouver them!

Btw I've noticed that when joining a faction the prices for the stuff u can buy off them becomes cheaper and they also seem to be giving you the full price for the stuff u found such as weapons and suits you're no longer planning on using.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Not exactly what he was referring to I don't think, but I get what your saying..

6. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    well well no suprise here but i just woke up to get my game from steam but lol release date is now 15.9 :D

7. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
  8. mr orange

mr orange Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA gtx 280
    i think only the russian version is containing the starforce, my german version uses the tages copy protection.

9. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I'm playing English version now, I can say I'm not having fun with it. Its turning into a save/reload feast. VERY ANNOYING It set up to be that way too.

Enemies with grenades end up playing the same way, save before, not long after they see you here come 5+ nades at the same time, all throw with the accuracy of GOD. boom you die reload rinse repeat until you some how manage to run like a chicken with your head cut off while shooting bad guys with nades making you DANCE. AI seem to see right through dense vegetation.

Replay value? 70-80% of this game is SOC maps, same **** different day literally. The anomalies in artifact fields are always in the same exact place even after starting a new game, the artifact itself is also always found with the same few meters. So we have bad game play and nothing to look for >.> is this really S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

just my two cents.

also bad performance, faction war seems like it would have been better scripted, tons of bugs, each new patch invalidates your savegames!

wait there's more friendly stalkers push you around, even when your hunkered down behind cover here comes a friendly to push you into the open bang DEAD. They even push you into FIRE and ANOMALIES!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  10. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Anyone in the UK got it yet?

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Mines in the post, hoping it will arrive in this mornings post.

12. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Got my copy from Game yesterday. The same day my new vga died.
    Why?!

Oh well at least gives me some time to wait for patches and mods that, i hope would greatly improve performance and gameplay, specially the grenades issue.

13. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I dont have any problems with the grenades,just run away to another cover and most times you are far away that you only suffer minor damage.I havent died from grenades for 2 days.

Those NPC's pushing you aside makes you think ahead,you need to take an tactical position and guess what the NPC's are going and keep an eye on them.
    You can also stay behind them as sniper or when they going to assault the enemie you flank the enemie or come from behind.
    It is a little annoying but there are enough strategies to use them in your advantage without getting in their way.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    It arrived!!! Installing now :D

15. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning

16. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    It was not grammatically correct?:D

One thing is for sure and that is that they completly messed up the world wide release they were aiming at on 29 august:3eyes:

From the clear sky release topic from March 27,

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Well I played the final version, finally, and I can say right here and right now that Shadow of Chernobyl modified with AMK Mod simply destroys Clear Sky from the inside out. Although Clear Sky is very similar to Shadow of Chernobyl when that one didn't have any worthy mods for it, it's not "worse" but it's not better, it's just the same thing with two or three new areas, new textures, new visual effects and worse sounds actually.

Believe me guys, if you truly want to play a real Stalker game, get back to Shadow of Chernobyl and modify it with AMK or even Oblivion Lost or the upcoming (very soon) Inferno 1.2. You're just not going to believe how much better it is than Clear Sky at the present. But Clear Sky DO have potential, if the community can modify it like SoC got modified then we'll be in for a hell of a ride.

19. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    english version doesn't have starforce then? does it make you have a steam account (something I don't mind at all). what kind of copy protection?

20. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Geez, that's cheap! :eek: I think I'm ordering right away. Better not be missing the CD key, heh.. Do you already have the game, John?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.