The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX
    I forgot something to add to my former post about tasks created. I believe, not the time for the tasks should be altered, but the behaviour of AI should be tweaked a little. Look, right now, its as follows: AI takes an checkpoint and this checkpoint is attacked constantly, *until* all AI of
    said checkpoint(group) is killed. There are no reinforcements. Needless to say, one faction member doesnt stand a chance against a bunch of mutants. So, once an certain (under-) strenght to hold that checkpoint is reached, there should be created an AI-task *at* the corresponding faction HQ,
    and not the nearest friendly outpost, to reinforce said outpost. I'd find that to be cool;..to choose and defend an checkpoint, until your
    buddies are traveled there from HQ. If you are not there to help defend, and the checkpoint is overrun, those reinforcements should attack the checkpoint and try to regain it. Cool? :)

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I want to add something too.

This is getting ridiculous. Iam in point A. Stalkers ask for my help for to defend point B. The distance between A and B is lets say even if u can RUN it will take @ least 2 minutes. point A is middle of no where. no fast travel option ETC. and ADD that they ask for help and after 15 seconds (once i saw it happened just after 5 seconds) Quest failed. :D i like this game .Realy like. but this kind of issues killing me. even i have jump jets i cant reach that position in 5 seconds. And last night. i kept capturing the DEPOT (around stalkers u remember? and it is side quest of stalkers) and killed many BANDITS on my own, they thank to me etc etc. And i start to leave that place to collect my reward and head back to stalker camp. But when iam a REAL far to that DEPOT they say "enemy is attacking defend, help". i say : "CRAP WTF" i start to run but in seconds its LOST. Now :D. No reward. also my equipments r damaged which will cost me. Awarding game play :D

3. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    might have to stop playing this until 1.5.05 comes out on the 26th Sept (or october for the rest of the world). I am getting the 688 script error every 2 minutes :(

-------------------------------------------------

We inform you that at the moment are being actively work on a patch 1.5.05. Already corrected the following errors:

To let you know, right this moment, work is in progress with patch 1.5.05, list is incomplete,
    but following changes have already implemented.

-- Corrected crash (smart_terrain.script: 227: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (smart_terrain.script: 1003: attempt to index field '?' (A nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (sim_combat.script: 950: attempt to index a nil value)
    -- Corrected crash (sim_board.script: 688: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (smart_terrain.script: 288: attempt to call method 'clear_smart_terrain' (a nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (bind_monster.script: 72: attempt to index field '?' (A nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (xr_effects.script: 1607: attempt to index field '?' (A nil value))
    -- Corrected crash (! [LUA] [ERROR] ERROR: There is no task with entity_id)
    -- Corrected crash (! [LUA] [ERROR] ERROR: error. Val_smart_terrain_5_0_freedom_antenna)

These various are crash fixes!

-- A small rebalans trade and luta - little rebalance in trading and looting.

-- Corrected the situation when a player leaves the zone tutoriala (first incursions into Bogs) - correction to situation,
    when player abandons tutorial mission in swamps.

-- Corrected issuing awards for entry into factions - price payment fix, when (after?) Joining the faction.

-- Corrected award for the destruction of bases factions - fixed price payment, for completing a mission, when not
    belonging to a faction

-- Corrected crash during a dialogue with hostile technician - crash fixed, when? Talking "to a technician

-- The possibility to upgrade GP37 technicians from Liberty and Banditov - Added the possibility to upgrade
    gp37 in bandit and freedom faction

-- Corrected bug in the system of relations stalkers - Bug fixed in stalkers attitude

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    -- Bug fixes, when the conductor did not want to keep the player at the Cordon. (This is due to the fact that sometimes avtoseyv not retain all the data, and once downloading such seyv game becomes impassable) - fixed bug, when conductor did'nt take
    player to the cordon, happened because auto-save did not save all the information and after loading it, game would
    become uncompletable
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

The expected release date patch - 26.09.08 - supposed release date

We will continue to inform you of further work on the patch. -- We will keep you informed

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    They must put alot of things to that list.

5. Vichello

Vichello Guest

Just re-installed the game, i almost gave up hope.
    I used Enhanced Lighting and TweakGuides.coms' guide for better performance, games runs pretty great now, especially without the eye-candy like god rays and steep parrallax and map bumping, those things are fps drains for my rig.
    Also i disabled DX10 features, things like 'seeing raindrops fall' and 'enable AA (wich you hardly notice is this game) arn't worth it. I could force AA perfectly tho via RivaTuner 11.

for the gameplay itself i really needed a sleeping bag mod, because the nights are horribly to play in, you just can't see anything.. The AI & bugs are the only annoince for the moment, especially the NPC's pushing me and the hectic messages.
    So i'll try it again for a second time, but im much happier than before at least

6. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    They must add alot of things?

I agree, those fixes are only 1% of the bugs in the game :p

7. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    Anyone been able to enable AA playing the DX9 version? Does it work or is it a DX10 exclusive?

Thanks!

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    And do not forget WORSE OF ALL. if the patches will let us to use CRURRENT SAVE GAME FILES 0_o

9. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Yes that is very annoying. Its not fun playing for 10 hours, then have that go down the drain because you cant progress due to another script bug.

Speaking of another bug, I got around the 688 script error by reverting to a previous save game. Now I get this:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
    [error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
    [error]File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
    [error]Line : 180
    [error]Description : <no expression>
    [error]Arguments : LUA error: ...er - clear sky\gamedata\scripts\smart_terrain.script:1003: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Before I joined Freedom, I wasn't getting any errors!

So it appears that the Fraction wars part of the game was not tested properly :(

10. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX
    ^
    Apparently, you first need to do the Duty jobs, before joining Freedom, otherwise you get those script errors.

11. JamieK

JamieK Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 480GTX
    To me, the graphics weren't all that impressive.

the lightning is cool, the shadows cast by the sun moving behind things (ie. trees etc.) was ok.

But other then that the graphics were no different then the original stalker.

though i did have to turn off anisotropic filtering cause it was causing flickering glitches.

12. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I have done the duty jobs (the last job i did was the tunnel one, to find the stalker group stach and that pda, before going to yantar)

13. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    Quick Q:

Does Float32 still work on Stalker :CS?

Thanks!

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  15. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I feel for you,I had such a thing happening to me before the 1.5.04 patch but now I am not having any problems and I entered the hospital so it seems I can finish the game and do a restart with the new patch.Anyway thanks for the patch news and hopefully it will sort out some crashes.

@Norvegia,use nhancer and you can force AA in DX9 with that program.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i have no problem with AA on Steam version.odd. Both CS and SOC. my driver settigns r LET THE APPLICATION DECIDE.

17. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I think the same way about that.Its just a call for help and you cant help them all,its just the Zone being alive and dynamic and if they loose a position you can get another task later to re capture the position by asking an NPC.
    The tasks you get by asking an NPC can always be done,at least in my experience.

But sometimes it seems that they call for help if they are already as good as dead like in this pic:D
    [​IMG]

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  19. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    Using DX9?

Thanx, by the way.

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i got the game, DX9 1440x900 everything to the max including Enhanced HDR performance is awesome barely any lag at all, framerates average 60+ with peaks of 110-120fps, lowest around 45-50.

the game looks better than the first one and i feel really excited, obviously i've applied the latest patch. love it. :D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.