The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I purchased the game from a shop, its not the Steam[img pile of sh**] version :)

Its a fresh install. hmm I do have one mod in the gamedata folder. Its the mod where it lets you sell guns to anyone, instead of just *******.

Perhaps that is interfering? I may test it without the mod.

2. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    RemCo very nice shots, good frames and all under dx10.

Good stuff now i really want this game.

How is the story compared to the other one ?

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    is there a command that i can use to show my FPS?

4. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I have a weird issue where I will load a previous save, and the sun rays etc. are there. Then I will be playing, save a time or two more....then exit game. When I load up the latest save game, the sun rays are gone...like it bumped it down a notch in video settings or something. But if I go back and load the original save, the sun rays are there. Annoying....buggy.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    That is "AWESOME" that random missions r well coded. or even normal quests. i take a quest to protect a stalker from wild dogs. i head to the marked area on my map. i even didnt get close to area and on screen it said: "protect the stalker" and then wild dogs attacked him and killed him in 5 seconds. IMOA. i was not even in a distance to f┼čire my rifle. and quest failed. :D

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I had that same problem. I actually reloaded 5 times trying to save the stalker from the dogs, no luck. I'm pretty sure it's either bugged or you aren't supposed to save him.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Yeah, poor guy. It was his destiny bla bla bla. And what about random quests? i sometimes cant even figure out what is going on. They ask for help or something, i open my PDA to understand what is going on. Then i read and hear that quest fail. :D hehe. They better put another COLORED MARK on screen for random encounters. because it is hard to figure out where to go without open PDA.

8. n1hilist

n1hilist Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    The messenger that you meet in the corner/valley bit when he tells you to get on the rock, and the dogs were following him?

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i was able to save that guy... wonder what's the problem with yours?

10. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Are you using patch 1.5.04 ?? Could you please provide another screenshot which isn't so dark?

11. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Decane - As always, thank you for your hard work and time investment in this game (it is very helpful and the "inventory mod" is great)! Like many others who have posted here I'm having a bit of trouble actually finishing some of the side quest, even though I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing? In my first go around with the game I just took on every single quest anybody asked (before I knew it I had about 15 quest to do even though I wasn't exactly sure now what order to do them in or what exactly I was supposed to do)?

So I'm about to do a clean install yet again and this time I'm gonna slow down a bit and be more selective with the missions/quests I do in hopes of having less failed missions/quests and less frustration!

Last but not least (and I think I already mentioned this) I've been having weird graphical anomolies while playing STALKER Clear Skies (but only after about 30min-45min of gameplay. Everything looks just fine and then all of a sudden I start getting odd colors, massive triangles and rectangles in the sky. Plus any text that comes up looks like solid blocks of color instead of readable text? I will occationaly get BSOD's with the nv4.dll error message so I think its either a botched driver install or maybe something is wrong with my GTX280

Driver Version: 177.92
    Physics: Most Recent Guru3D Download Version: 08.09.04 (I didn't manually uinstall the old version first however, I just downloaded this version and ran the installer)?
    Temps: All temps are just fine, well below 80C
    Clockspeeds: Stock

I ask this just incase someone else is having these issues when playing STALKER. I'm gonna try playing the new Crysis which I just got yesterday and see if I have the same problems when playing it, that way at least I'll know its not STALKER causing the problem. Then I'll try installing a different driver version (either older or newer)? Thanks guys for all the help and time!

12. Cairo

Cairo Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD4870 @800/1050
    This game is really good
    I recommend it to any one who wants to play a good FPS Game
    also the AI is the best I've ever seen makes it feel your playing multiplayer not against ordinary AI

13. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    hi

just joined, great tread. i had to join cus i was reading about people who didnt know what the floppy symbol indicated at the bottom of you screen. its to indicate when your harddrive is swopping texture and other files from your harddrive to your ram.

who eva said it was to indicate you when to save has had me in stiches for bout an hour, class.

ive had no performance issues or major bugs with this game except the vanishing weapons.

my mate had a world of problems so i told him to clean up his rig (virus check,malware,spyware,ccleaner,delete unnessesary files) and defrag before he installs. now it runs as sweet as mine does (except first sunrise lol). so maybe this will help others. im running maxed in dx10 @1680x1050 by the way.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Nice tips for people who ignores those little details. and welcome to the best club of the world.

EDIT: and people i read somewhere but couldnt find now. i have a problem.Find PDA quest. in the rail road. when i try to aproach the dead body of the stalker (i guess) which is the entrance of the tunnel, a white light flashes and i found myself at the same position which i aproach. somekind of teleporting lets say. WTF man? why it happens.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  15. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Deathspank - Thanks m8 for explaining what that little "flashing floppy" icon is actually for (I was the person who originally asked the question)! It makes more sense now because I was having a hardtime swallowing that the icon was to remind people to save the game! I appreciate you taking the time to post and welcome to Guru3D, its nice to have you!

16. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Decane,I solved it.It turned out I had too many little mods installed like NPC looting,free travel,arm textures,your trading mod etc,etc...

Spoiler ahead,

@ Mr Bigtime,you are right,it is a teleporting orb and if you look above the railroad bridge you see such an orb hovering in the sky.Climb on the bridge and jump into that orb and you find yourself teleported in the tunnel.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    good god thank you man.

18. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    Hi guys,

has any of you playing the DX9 version been able to get the antialiasing working? I just can't get it to work neither inside the game nor by forcing it through the nvidia control panel :(

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

19. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX
    Same here on an 8800GTS (G80 on XP SP3 and G92 on Vista X64; same driver version)

Clear Sky gobles up vidmem and does not free it up again (same as Arma with too high settings)
    I'm confident it is not the driver, but the game.
    Your card is fine! (pheeew!) :)

Once either these triangles or the *massive* FPS drop occurs, the game CTD's within the next 5 minutes;
    there is nothing you can do about it. (You can prolong your gametime by using lowered settings and
    halfed viewdistance, but it will happen anyway eventually)
    Here, it does not help to just quit the game; (behaviour is the same after game restart) I need an
    complete reboot of the machine to play another hour or so. :biggun:
    btw, this happens overclocked as well as non-oc.
    -
    About the failing task. First, this seems like an great annoyance, agreed!

But, I think Clear Sky *has* to be played that way, because due to the added faction wars and mutants
    attacking *all* over the zone at once, you are not suppossed to fullfill all tasks! This is clearly
    different from the original Stalker, where you could take much more time to do the jobs.

I think, it adds an great deal of dynamic (and hectic as well) if you are able to choose from the
    inpouring sidetasks, which one *could* be in reach in time and, if it is important to *you* and/or
    your faction (borders, checkpoints, areacontrol) try to deal with it.

There have been suggestions about raising the time to reach/fullfill the sidetasks, but since those
    are created in a number which fills up your list *rapidly*, you could easily be distracted and methinks,
    outright bored, if you see so many task (important or not) in your list and strive to do them all with
    added time. Was this not the main culprit in the original Stalker? To wander back and forth between
    areas (thank god for the guides!) to fulfill your tasks *all* the time?

nutshell: Decide and do the tasks important for you or your faction and let the faction wars around
    you go on . (Much like in real life; you cant handle it all)
    :)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i started to play without ENHANCED Lights, so as the first game engine. it runs smooth @ 1680*1050 with all max. Max AA and AF. Still looks Great but ofcourse DEPTH of visuals absent :\. but for those effects payin $$$ is meaningless for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.