The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RemCo, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Thanks RemCo, you may be correct.

I cant remember if I entered the basement after I restarted the game due to the 1.5.04 patch.

I'll try it now :)

2. Cairo

Cairo Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD4870 @800/1050
    AA is not working here for me in this game despite i set the aa bar to the right end
    it seems to have no effect in the game
    is it working with any one??

3. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I went to the Basement, the door was open, and I have already taken the PDA and given it to the person who wanted it.

I have already gone to The Duty zone, they didnt tell me to meet the Boss.

btw I have no Primary tasks. I have about 8 secondary tasks, "Find the Upgrade".

I am totally stuck. Any ideas?

Hmm looks like others are stuck as well: http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=...ame_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=16203&sec_id=11

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  4. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I also just seen that topic and it seems that you have some kind of mess up in the script.
    Try a save when you are about to leave Dark Valley and try it again,its not a huge set back unless you have done a lot of side quests.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I'm stuck at building where Father Valerian is. I entered house from hole in the roof. Now I cant leave house because only way out is door which is locked. Talked him about military and need to leave the building to continue game. Any ideas?

6. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Nice tests, but why wasnt the HD 4870 X2 included in the DX 10 tests ?

7. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB

Problem solved. You are correct, it is a Script problem.

I reverted back to a previous Save Game (when I first entered Garbage). I went down to the basement, got the PDA, got my stuff back, went to Agroprom, approached and helped Duty, talked to the Duty Leader, and now I have a mission to enter the Pipe to find the Stalker Group Stash :)

So let that be a lesson, dont attempt to join Freedom or any other Fraction, before doing the Duty part of the Main Story Line.

I tried really hard joining Freedom, but its impossible to join anyone unless you do the majority of the main story line. GSC could have made this clear :eyes:

Bad scripts plagued the original stalker, nothing has changed in Clear Skies :(

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well i can run it maxed out in Dx9 (as im on XP) at 1280x1024 with only the sun shadows off, bloody flys. :D

9. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    It's not working for me either. If I try to force it in the NVidia settinings the screen goes all messed up after a minute or so.

10. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hehe, i was fighting the bandits at the hangar near the garbage. Suddenly while fighting something went wrong and i was friends with the bandits. The trader stod in the bar and said " its nice to see you, how can i help you" and at that moment he pulls the trigger on his shotgun. And i was like WTF?.:3eyes:

The problem is that my weapons disappeared, same as when you enter friendly bases, so i can´t do anything.

I had to reload an older save, it was some error.

11. xD.FaTaL

xD.FaTaL Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 280
    cant play the game at maximum settings in DX10. getting 10 FPS. what a worthless piece of sh1t coded game. its another crysis or dx10 is piece a piece of sh1t

12. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    your only getting 10 fps ? , what res are you playing ?

13. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    Seems to be DX10 that is the culprit. I can run Clear Sky in DX9 mode, max settings at 1920x1200 res and still get a decent FPS.

14. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI

I've had that too - the game seems to go into HQ mode with no weaponds suddenly while your fighting bandits in the depot.... big bug that tneeds squashing...

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    OK Welcome me to ClearSky club. i purchased via Steam. This was a bit late and cost me %10 discount but i had to be sure if it worth. i was playing first 1 these days but i wil lstop it and will begin Clear Sky.

EDIT: game is awesome. After a long time now i think that my GPU is weak.

Also i have a problem. i start loose life suddenly. i cant stop it with bandage or healing. it is fast. i dont udnerstand what is going on. no radation or else. BUG?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008

16. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Damn I'm pwning in swamp area... faction wars ftw.

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    any people here with 4870x2 card how does this game play could i get some benchies please as i trust real world benchies

18. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    Here is a tweak guide for all that are interested.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Awesome. Thank u dude :)

20. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Weird I'm getting 30-50 FPS with DX10 and Max settings.....

Crossfire is running according to in-game console though, but I wouldn't have though it would make that much difference......

Some of the lighting in this game is mind blowing, preformance is meant to improve after the swamp....

*Edit* Run the games default max settings, don't then go into advanced and move the sliders any further as there is NO difference in game and it hammers the FPS......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.