The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    today i disabled sli, and ever since then FC2 crashes before my save games finish loading? i reinstalled drivers, and even went as far as doing a system restore. still wont run. crashes every time! any idea's?

2. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Here is why FC2 sucks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeeps spawning ****ing everywhere every 10 seconds

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Hm. Maybe you have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. It could be considered a hardware change by the DRM of the game, thus forcing you to reactivate it?

He, he, he. :nerd:

4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    Holy ****! It gets that bad?

Good thing I quit early; this kind of **** would rage me to no end.

5. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    Enjoying FC2 here.

2 problems,

1. Why are all the drivers in the game crazy? they see you, they ram you. surely I can't have annoyed everone, I even pulled over ;)

2. It would be better if you could talk to the guards at the posts and buy your way through

my 2 cents, but still good fun :)

6. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Feels unfinished, and i don't think my eyes can cope anymore with the brown colour.

Ubisoft always seem to support games that do the same thing over and over.

Assasins creed anyone?

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    Ubisoft Montreal I think. Ya, this game is exactly like Assassins Creed actually.

The similarity in the pointless missions used by both games is uncanny. I bet Jade Raymond had something to do with FC2.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Only Far Cry 2 is 10 times more fun than Assassin's Creed. And to be honest, I haven't yet seen jeeps respawn every 10 seconds. I don't think anyone has, otherwise it'd be mentioned before. But to each their own, I like the game, some prefer Crysis (booooring) some prefer Doom.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    never thought of that, but wouldn't the game not even start up if it was a DRM issue? anyhow, i have the steam version. is there anyway i can uninstall the game if need be without having to redownload it? like maybe just delete the local content?

10. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Oh really? Maybe you should take a look at my screen a few posts up. Jeeps spawned like crazy and came crashing into each other, this **** happens all the time.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Dominant1: that's kinda shocking.... seeing as the ship date is tomorrow.... and the release date is almost ALWAYS the day after.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Your screenshot alone doesn't prove that the jeeps respawned every 10 seconds. I can pick up 10 Jeeps if I like and park them like that, doesn't mean they respawned. I'm not doubting that it happened, but I haven't seen it yet.

13. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    They called me and thats what they said Tuesday... it was a recorded message so i will call before i rush down there to get it, but yeah its likely to be Wednesday.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    i only see jeeps come to me a lot when i drive by multiple guard posts, alerting each one, it's kinda fun actually, i stop they bump hard behind my vehicle, give em some grenades and they all burn :D

15. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    8800GTS 320MB / WXP / 180.42

1680x1050
    All settings are on the preset High setting, with AA and motion blur off.

I get about 35FPS. If I enable AA, I get 20FPS :(

Is 180.43 better than 180.42?

16. serelaw

serelaw Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-260 216
    Yea man..I can't find the key to scale the map

Just stays there and bothers me to death..

What key do I push to get rid of that message?

17. esocid

esocid New Member

GPU:
    evga Geforce 8800gts 512
    I had the same bsod problem when opening med kits. So I updated my sound card driver (audigy 2) and now the game crashes when I try loading my game. I disabled the card altogether and it still crashes when I try loading up. I reinstalled it and still nothing. I'm getting sick of this, and will probably end up waiting for an update...if that ever happens.

I wish I could rollback to whatever audio driver I had before, but creative is awful with drivers and I can't find it.

8800 GTS 512
    SB Audigy 2
    winxp
    178.24 (180 kept artifacting and locking up)

18. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Well, i'm using 180.43, and playing DX10 with everything set to high, textures on medium and shadows and vegetation on very high. I am getting around 30-55fps, so i think i will use these for now. If i get to hectic parts, i'm gonna try back on dx9 (Though i really think dx10 looks sharper, and less jaggy than dx9)

19. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Absolutely no problems here. Everything maxxed 1280x960. 180.43 drivers.

Overall experience playing FC 2, it's a Great game but has Weak MP overall!
    MP feels a lot like <gulp> SOF Payback with a wee bit more money in development. Map Editor is very cool, Simcity like.... Zero lag online! Lots of road kill in sp. Major cool explosions.

I think this game just kills Crysis for realism. vegetation looks so much more realistic in FC2.

I find the game easy so far with highest skill level and disappointed in the AI. The premise of the game and how you go about the land is cool. Kills me they animate everything, looks great but the busride is just the sound of a bus and a loading screen. And where's the driver?!

Widescreen support sucks and I'm not interested in using a Trainer to get around it. Can only play it for about 2 hours and feel visually impared.

9800GTX+512MB
    AMD 6400+
    3.25GB RAM
    Windows XP SP3 DX9

Press R to change magnification of map.
    Press C to toggle driving and turret, I love letting the car roll down a hill while I take out a million baddies. :)

20. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    You press the Reload button to change the Map Scale.
    I think its R by default. I set mine to the middle mouse button.

ps. If you reassign the USE key from E to something else, you cannot detach from a minigun with the new USE key. You must use the E key.

Damn dodgy controls from console ports lol.