The Guru3D Far Cry 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Irish Pilot, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Matt151b

Matt151b Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    Runs great for me. DX10, 1920x1200. Just keep textures at medium, and everything else can be high. I even run terrain, vegitation, and shadows on very high.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    this was iam curious about...i mean that happened and i thought some kind of bug..i didnt play the game recently but i saw this happened 1-2 times..but as isee this is not a bug :(

3. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Dont know if this is a huge feat or not, but the anonymous mission that you get from the radio tower where you go the middle of nowhere and assassinate some guy laying on the ground who looked injured, I was able to park about a half mile from the building, sneak up, knife him and sneak out without ever being detected or fire a shot.

4. Spaznick

Spaznick New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia geforce 8800gt 512
    Yeah I noticed that aswell, it seems the camosuit improves your stealth in exchange of weaker protections... If I had known that I wouldn't have bought it...

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Talking of the camo suit.... when you buy it does it actually change your characters clothes, or can you see no difference at all. I went to where you pick up your guns after u buy them, but couldnt see a camo suit anywhere?

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

no it gets equipped permanently as soon as you buy it and i dont think it changes your appearance

7. harvik780

harvik780 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTS 640M SLI,2x8600GT,8800GT
    I have already stacked up 28 diamond case spots out of the 221 available.Currently looking for the 29th one.
    Still the game environment is huge and it takes me a lot of time to get to the objective.
    Maybe its because i am greedy(always looking for diamonds).

8. pcdude27

pcdude27 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
    Can someone tell me why my idiot is always throwing guns away? I purchased a sniper rifle .. took about 10 shots and he threw it away. Done the same thing with mac10 as well. What gives?

9. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Finished the game few minutes ago, daaamn !
    SPOILER - Credits which u cant cancel are just overkill !

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I can't seem to get into this game. Bought this and Dead Space around the same time and keep playing Dead Space over this. Far Cry 2 just seems really boring to me so far. I'm not fond of "driving around looking for stuff to do", and the repititious and ignorant AI just drives me crazy.

11. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    Camo Suit + Silenced Pistol + Dragunov + PKM =:biggun:

12. student1

student1 Member

GPU:
    Msi 580 GTX 1.5 GB
    Hey guys,

might need some help figuring a problem i have... Just got far cry 2 and for some reason using sli actually decreases slightly my frame rate. Go from 30 fps to 28 fps when i enable sli, side sli graph almost never moves except during intro and when you look at the sky in game ;p

Here is what i tried doing : updated latest 180.42 drivers, checked my nhancer profile for the game to make sure it was set as sli recommended, changed from dx 10 to dx 9 but no difference except decrease in performance using dx 10 (horrible performance dx 10... hard to see if there is any difference in graphics too ) )checked other games to see if sli was working at all... kind of hard to tell but cod4 goes from a steady 91 fps with sli to 68 to 98 without it so its doing something.

Kind of hardware i use : 2 8800 gts, 6 gig of ram, cpu q6600 2.4 tried even oc'ing it at 3.2 but no difference and also using vista 64.

Anyone had any problems with sli and a 8800, can t seem to figure out why performance is so meh with sli enabled...

any help is appreciated!

p.s: heard someone say that vista 64 had some problems with far cry 2 and sli with some cards, is this confirmed or just some rumor?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    If i knew the game would suck balls this bad i would have invested in red alert 3 i never thought it could be this bad

14. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    just finished the game also.at the start[first map] i did every single mission..but half way through it was already getting tedious,boring and pointless.like an arcade,with stupid NPC's,NO STORY[or **** story,whatever u like],horrific respawns for npc's and pointless reputation system and diamond hunting[just missions give u more than enough diamonds to get all weapons and useful upgrades]

And about all this "open ended" they tried to do..they failed.Actually a linear corridor shooter is far more appealing than this.u might go in a straight line,but at least u see different areas and new opponents.
    But,making a big map[half empty and half full of idiotic outposts and crazy car patrols] and 50 identical missions aint my idea of open ended..just because its 1 area it doesnt make it open ended.
    Using 1 place[for ex. a village] for like 3 different missions it retarted.i think i cleared some villages/ares around 3 times while doing 3 "different" missions
    Both stalker games had huge maps,they had a "linear" story line but they were far more open ended than this[and 10 times buggier;p]

Overall i am greatly dissapointed,the only thing i rly liked were the graphics,the sound was awasome and the First Person immersion[how u got into/out of cars,healed urself etc etc]

i just rushed through the 2nd map,doing no buddy missions,no side missions just so i finish it fast and enjoy some real game,aka dead space:)

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i feel like im the only one enjoying the game. lol

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That's exactly what I am doing... just rushing through the primary missions to finish this game. Side missions have only made this game worse.

17. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    going to play some more of this later or 2morow i think, really like it, runs great on the lappy too.

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I am enjoying the game but I think I am going to try it without SLI and see how it performs.

19. Cimmer

Cimmer New Member

GPU:
    8800 GT 512 mb
    I have the exact same problem as this guy. Does anyone have a solution for it? I managed to take a picture of it, which was quite hard, since it flashes all the time.
    Looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    It happens everywhere in the game. At the loading screens, the menu and when i play the game.

20. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Its clear to me that they just threw this game together. its just like the movies, a 2nd run low rated game designed for profit. this is a cheap rip off of the 1st game. we all got psyched about wide open spaces and Africa...but the single-player game-play is more methodical and repetitious then the 1st game. i like the multi-player its ok..but man they really need to improve the single player. I love it when you hide in the bush to wait for a enemy jeep to go by,then after he's a mile away you fire 1 shot and he comes back right to the spot where your hiding, wtf...also the one a-hole guy in a car tries to run you down and off the road...you stop open fire kill him and move on . there's no intelligence to this game its just frigging stupid. i guess the developers think we are simple minded. "yeah just give good graphics and a wide open area they'll love it", that's what they think of us....wtf . oh well fallout 3 will be in the store tomorrow....