The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yup 3rd person is way to oblivion rip off, and the way u jump and move makes me want to never look at 3rd person again >.<

2. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    So, just like Oblivion then... and they said they will enhance FO3 3rd person view, unlike Oblivion where 3rd person view is hardly playable for range weapon.

3. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    Plaeyd it for a short while last night - looks really cool, i must say !! what a great two weeks FarCry2, Desdspace and Fallout 3 :)

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    man i like VATS alot... i wonder if there will be Swords or saws, axe etc etc..i wish they made animation for these weapons..such as u hit the guy with the axe and u kill him with 3 animated moved while in VAT mod..ok ok i talk like maniac.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Really liking the game so far, my only nitpick is the map wich seems to be about as useful as a car without a steering wheel. Could also be that im not reading it right or something.

6. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If i get this via steam, do i still get the achievements?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yes. let me explain. STEAM version has Windows Live.so u will have achievements .

8. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Can anyone tell me how to change the games settings like resolution, lod, low med high graphical settings. The settings in the games start menu does show me the options to change these.

9. DougClayton4231

DougClayton4231 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    This game is so good I've actually been having dreams about the wasteland lmao. I just got to level 4 yesterday and encountered 2 super mutants! Those b@stards are damn near unstoppable. It took me and and a bunch of settlers everything we had to take down one that was carrying a missile launcher.

10. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    they don't? probably in the launcher option setting then

11. DougClayton4231

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    Quick question, why are there so many cry-babies on this forum? They complain about every single f-ing game and compare the graphics to Crysis. Newsflash: Crysis was a piss-poor FPS with awesome, photorealistic graphics that still cripple computers. I'd rather a game that looks great, has an awesome atmosphere and more depth than I can handle any day.

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    LOL @ Those who compare F3 graphics to Crysis ...

I wouldnt even care if F3 would look worse than now.
    TBH now it looks good imo, textures arent top lvl, but mods should be out soon.

13. DougClayton4231

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    That's what I said lol. People mod the majority of high profile releases so the graphics probably will get better with time. I mean, look at Fakefactory's HL2 mods.

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I agree, i personally prefer gameplay over graphics and its enough for me that the game looks "just" alright, hell i still think that the source engine games look fantastic and they run great to boot so thats all that really matters to me. It has to be said though that a lot of people here are first and foremost pc enthusiast who spend big bucks on their rigs so having said that its no wonder that some people may play games for the sake of graphics and if thats what floats their boat, then who am i to argue.

If you start browsing some forums that are purely dedicated to gaming, you'll most likely see that those people who post there nitpick and complain about entirely different things then graphics. ;)

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Quick Answer: This is a "FORUM"...and "Likes & Dislikes" :)

EDIT: i mean i dont care a lot with graphics too but..as this is a forum, and people express their thoughts, every idea is welcome...

16. oka1992

oka1992 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    the one thing i hate about getting this game on steam is the fact that the game file is in the steam folder. It just really annoys me -.-

Also can i launch it without using steam?

17. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i don't care about the graphics much to, the fallout 3 graphics doesn't bother me, what bothers me is other facts of the gameplay...it bothers me that the game feels so much like oblivion, to much..i understand they made on the oblivion engine, but they should have changed some gameplay issues..

18. DougClayton4231

GPU:
    ATI HD3850/ NV 9800GTX+
    I actually hated Oblivion but I love Fallout 3. Go figure. I think that it's the challenge and constant fear of super mutants and raiders that keeps the game tense for me. I've always been a fan of the games where you are never overly powerful and can demolish anything that comes towards you. The only thing I don't like about the game is the all seeing eye of the townspeople when stealing things.
    EDIT: Mr. Bigtime you are correct, I can't really complain about complainers lol :bang:

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yes, it reminds alot OBLIVION, but still gives what it promises hu? i think so.

And criticizing people rather than game leads us to hate..hate leads u to anger, anger leads u to pain..lol master yoda :D

20. midweskid

midweskid Guest

That's the thing though the falloutlauncher isn't working for me, i have to use the fallout3.exe for the game to work. When i click the dvd starts reading but nothing happens no error message or anything. It's not my dvd drive either cause i tried other games on it and it's not the disk since i was able to install the game without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.