The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    The high-res packs are a necessity. They make the game look SO much better and removes the feel of consolitis.

2. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Go to http://www.fallout3nexus.com/ and get everything you could possibly need
    I see no reason why it would not work on the steam version

3. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    There is NO reason. All you're doing is forcing the game to use the new textures instead of the default textures. And they make a HUGE difference. Just make sure that you download the automatic "archive invalidation" program and all is well, as Kevin Bacon said in Animal House.

4. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    High resolution texture pack are NECESITY if you have a really god car like GTX 260 and further, and also a really good cpu like a core 2 duo 8000 series or something like that ... I have installed some packs (specs on the left) and it make the game to struggle a lot, they made the stutering so noticeable and constant, so I had to remove them .. even at default ultra settings with 4x antialiasing and 15x anisotrpic at 1280*1024 there is still some stutering but sometimes ...still playable...

5. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Careful with this game..... the performance is poor even if you have a high end rig....... I had to go through the fallout 3 tweak guide in order to understand how the obilion engine works and after some changes on the .ini files, I managed to get the high text packs without shuttering .....and other things.

There is also called micro-shuttering that might affect the game in some cases. The guide also covers this.

I think that with your specs , and this guide you can get rid of t he shuttering :)
    al least worth a try :)

The URL for the guide : http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

6. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    My rig runs the game at 50+fps everything on High @ 1680x1050. I get no stuttering, no fps drops. The main key is to disable Vsync. You have to force it off in your GPU control panels. Just turning it off in game does not work. Some people get issues, but that is between them and thier rigs, not the game.

7. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I'm not an idiot; I always installed all the latest drivers for my clean tests (then tried other versions).

And secondly, Millions of people at penut butter without getting sick, so by your logic, no one is liable for the Solmonela outbreak we just had. The law is quite clear in this regard: I have the legal right to exchange to game for a full cash refund if it is unable to work. As Bethesdia has refused, they opened themselves up.

Besides, its about time someone started to hold these companies liable for the code they put out.

8. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    As was said before, good luck. It is not their software that is not working, there is a slight chance, it is something in your hardware or software on your PC and the others you have tried it on that is causing the fail. Putting you in court, even if it makes it that far before the judge dismisses your case, will make you look like a fool. They will have computer hardware and software experts testify that it will run on your computer. Bethedsa is not new to trying to be sued, so good luck with that. Problem is your a hyped up gota prove a point jerk that is convinced your right and someone that designs software for a living in a big company is wrong. While your disk may be borked(and you refuse to get another to try) I see them offering you a new disk, perhaps even the full works(special edition). It will be up to YOU to prove that THEIR software is faulty. Good luck.

9. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:

uhm, I thought that just disabling the vsync on the .ini was it. I will try disabling vsync on my CCC control panel ... would "Off, Unless Application Specifies" would do the trick?

10. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Force off is how it is in the Nvidia Control Panel. I do not remember what it was for ATI. I just tested it out and yes I have to disable both in both places or it stays on. Hope that helps. Made my FPS skyrocket, no more tearing either.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Threre's a new texture pack for fallout 3, looks pretty good too, ingame screenshot.

[​IMG]

12. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Uhhhh, no. This game isn't that demanding. It's merely an upgraded version of the 3 year old Oblivion engine. Stuttering only occurs for me at the very beginning of a level as the massive textures are loaded into memory. After that, smooth as silk. I don't drop below 60FPS, ever.

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Linky my friend?

14. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti
  15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
  17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I just need to find a way to cap my fps like in FC2, 40/50 fps is doable but the constant fluctuations in mouse sensitivity caused by fps going up and down all the time really annoys me.

EDIT:

I really g2 thank you for bringing up the micro-stuttering, my issues have now been resolved. I downloaded the fps_limiter_gui and capped my fps at 45. Offcourse, an older game like CSS @ 100 fps still runs more flawless, but now I can properly play with a stable framerate, no messed up physics (which happens when using the game's own fps cap) and a mouse that moves at a constant speed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I don't know about the rest of you, but ever since installing the latest fallout 3 patch (1.01?) I have had nothing but problems with sky testures flickering, awfull mouse accelleration to crashing while loading etc. I think I will go back to the last patch and find some way to block games for windows live from updating the game.

19. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Well you can say that because you have a really god system an corei7 and 2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC so ...

20. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I am going to force it off in both ccc and game. I am sick of fps drops in this game :)

let you know results.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.