The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    not released for you, geez, that's weird. Fwiw, my steam account was acting kind of crazy around the time it was made available, and eventually crashed. On restart, there it was in my games list waiting to be installed - I'd bought it a few days ago. (Tasty!)

edit: install 25% complete... c'mon.. c'mon.. hurry up already!!!:bounce:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Just got my details from play.com, ordered it as it was in stock and hopefully will have it by thursday :)

3. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Installing as I type! :)

Can't wait for this game.....FarCry2 goes to the pile, might try it again in the winter if they fix it.

4. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    ~

so the steam install went from 30% done to complete in a snap, but now it shows that it's updating and will be ready to play in 2+ hours.:bang: tho I guess that might not be much different if the install kept up its (slooooow) pace. Me impatient!

5. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Look forward to more indepth reviews! :)

Just ran across this:

Source

By the way, I would move this to the original post so everyone will see it. Once this thread gets 10+ pages, who's going to look at page 2? :nerd:

6. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I've got next week off on holiday to savour this splendid looking game :)

And as I mentioned in another thread, 90% with PC Gamer UK... looking good.

7. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I have just been spoiled with Far Cry 2. So far this game looks very 'Oblvion' with better texturing. Took all of 3 seconds to figure out. Story seems 'ok' so far. People going gaga over gfx I find is a little overdoing it. It's not Far Cry 2 quality by a long shot. Then again, this isn't Far Cry. There is a lot of bad textures on huts and stuff. Things look blocky up close. I have everything maxxed at 1680x1050. To me it's a better version of Oblivion but set in the distant future. When I saw and played Far Cry 2 my jaw dropped when I saw Fallout 3 I said, "Hmm ok.". My grie is maybe I don't know all the keys but constantly going to the map pressing TAB is already irritating and there was literally no tutorial. So far 7.5/10. This may go up. I just expected a lot more on the gfx front I guess.

8. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    How is the game running for you guys? (please post graphic settings, resolution, etc).

I cannot wait to play this! I have to write a 5 page paper, which is annoying in the first place, but the release of this game makes it even harder to write the paper!

If I start playing, there is no way I will get that paper done tonight. sigh.

9. BrownLeonidas

BrownLeonidas New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4870x2
    PC or 360

Ive been looking at this game for a while now and have been planning on buying it but dont know if I should get it for my PC or for my 360. Any suggestions?

10. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    My big question: Is it moddable?

11. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    there's a bit of info on that in post #60 of this XS thread (second last paragraph)
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205916

see title of that thread:D

12. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Just bought the game, first game Ive bought in 4 years lol im very picky. I hope i do not regret my purchase been looking forward to this release.

13. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I'm lovin this game

[​IMG]

14. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    So does the lvling system really effect your char other than speech? Like how much damage you do and how little damage you take, etc.

15. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295

16. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    My copy is in the post from Play.com... so hopefully it will get here soon! :D

Far too many good games to play atm... with FC2, this and Red Alert 3 is also in the post. I really dont know wot to play first!! :S

17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    If you have such a problem with DRM , just BUY it and download pirated one to play tbh. (pirated version doesnt even use crack somehow...)
    I doubt this DRM would be ANY problem when its only a single player game ...

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    unstable hero please re-upload the images using imageshak, i for one cannot see them

19. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This game only uses a Securom check on the installer (which I assume they've cracked), and I don't see how this can infect you in any possible way. This whole DRM uproar has gone a little far, I think.

20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Yes, but if you are RLY anoxious towards DRM( Securom in mind ), and you WONT buy game (even you like it, or propably would) just because of DRM, thus not support developers, i say download and buy , imo you dont break any laws, and even if soo seems very fair to me, or am i being fooling my self, at least this is what i would do in such a case (not my case i got it off steam).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.